"Global Announcement" Icon On My Handphone - Ais 1-2 Call

Portlandstone

Got some service message indicator on my handphone along with a totally blank SMS. Deleted the SMS but the global annoucement icon stays on the screen. Won't bother to call cust service as they didn't understand my question last time I called and transfered me countless times. Anyone know how to get it to turn off? My apologies if this isn't the right forum.

Maybe you have a voice-mail? Press *99 SEND to check.

Otherwise I would call 1175, or stop in a shop. My experiences with 1175 have always been incredible. Never, ever had a transfer, my problem has been quickly addressed and they even follow up a few hours later to check.

Turns out it must be my phone, not the sim cards. I took out both sims and put in an old sim from Vietnam (long invalid) and I still get the same icon. Put both Thai sims back in and not only do I get the global announcement but also a new one that says "RM2" or something.

Phone brand is Cube, which I believe is actually a Thai company. The model # is e30. Here is the official link on their webpage, used to be cubemobilephone.com but is now welovecube.com.

Any suggestions based on finding it isn't the sim card? On their website I don't see any support for the E30.