Ready Made Indian Food Packets

sbk

Not sure which ones you are referring to. I buy M.T.R. ready to eat curries in Little India. These are precooked, just put into microwave and heat. They are very nice.About 20 different curries, but they are all vegie. They were, apparently developed by the Indian Army , for their front line(border) soldiers , who did not have access to fresh food markets and were so popular, they licensed a private company to make and sell them.See my other posts ,on here to see details of the shop that sells them in "Little India",.

NO, never heard of that, I meant the packets of pastes and stuff, wish I could get those ready made ones, they sound pretty good!

The shop in Little India, has a huge range of Curry pastes and powders(masalas).If you wish to make your own curries. See my other posts in this forum for more Info.

Asian Home Gourmet is the brand, 37-39 Baht at most Tops etc..... we use them quite a bit, and find them very good value for money and tasty. For the most part just add meat and onions, but a few need yoghurt. Now if they had a Nan bread mix..... then I'd be done....

I don't like hot so.. my reccomends

Korma Curry

Butter Chicken

No artificial stuff as well..... easiest way though, give 'em a try. But read the back before, a few of them require so much stuff to be added you may as well go down to Soi 5 and have Indian dinner for the price.

Oz

Asian Home Gourmet is the brand, 37-39 Baht at most Tops etc..... we use them quite a bit, and find them very good value for money and tasty. For the most part just add meat and onions, but a few need yoghurt. Now if they had a Nan bread mix..... then I'd be done....

I don't like hot so.. my reccomends

Korma Curry

Butter Chicken

No artificial stuff as well..... easiest way though, give 'em a try. But read the back before, a few of them require so much stuff to be added you may as well go down to Soi 5 and have Indian dinner for the price.

Oz

You will get a much better range of ALL Indian groceries, including curry pastes and powders, in Little India. This shop sells to Indians.It is not geared to Farang, so it is totally authentic. Everything is imported from India.

Little India. This shop.......

which Little India (around Old Siam?) Which shop, is it a trade secret?

Oz

Not at all. There is ONLY one "Little India" .It is at the end of Chinatown. Chakraphet Road.See my other posts in this forum for FULL details, as to where it is.And which is the best shop For all or any Indian Groceries. This is the shop Indians patronize. I found it by accident. So lucky ,I did. May you have the same luck, Bill