Thai Authorities Fail To Keep Track Of Thaksin's Whereabouts

webfact

They (Thai government) cannot locate and keep track of the man nor his various bank accounts/transactions, internationally. He seems to travel by private aircraft but they cannot seem to have access to flight plans, etc. I wonder how the avenue of returning the excess monies which were held by the government, was found. Those that say T is smarter than those hunting for him, could be construed as insulting both parties. I would doubt that his where abouts is much concern to the majority of Thai's and less so to the rest of the world.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They (Thai government) cannot locate and keep track of the man nor his various bank accounts/transactions, internationally. He seems to travel by private aircraft but they cannot seem to have access to flight plans, etc. I wonder how the avenue of returning the excess monies which were held by the government, was found. Those that say T is smarter than those hunting for him, could be construed as insulting both parties. I would doubt that his where abouts is much concern to the majority of Thai's and less so to the rest of the world.

The admission they can't find him is an admission of complete and utter incompetence on their part.

According to the Nation this morning he was in Norway, having a meeting with the Deputy PM!!!!

So make yer frickin mind up - muppets!!!

Hauling Taxsin back to LOS would blow up in their face and I think could be the reason why they 'don't know where he is' most of the time. If the Dept' of Serious Incompetence were serious about re-uniting the prince of darkness (re: death of Bangkok nightlife) with his minions then they'd be going into self exile themselves if the shady one gets back into the driving seat....." Ok men, I need 5 volunteers to go and arrest the most popular, the most powerful, wealthiest, most vengeful and vindictive politician this country has ever seen...... Hey, wait, why are you all shaving your heads and changing into orange robes,...come back here ........"

Edited by apollo13

There is good news for the chief. He does not have to spend any time checking the extradition treaties. If Interpol is refusing to put him on the list, because they have come to the conclusion that it is political persecution they do not stand a chance.

Given the Grand Promotional Tour, that the Thai constitutional judges have given the world, there is more chance that the Thai justice system is put on par with that of Burma than that Thaksin would not receive twenty more citizenships.

Instead of being pre -occupied with a democratically elected prime minister, the chief should be very busy now figuring out how he could put the Thai constitutional judges on trial. He is not of course because every judge in Thailand is made out of the same material.

This is an insult to the tens of thousands of good Burmese people who have been raped, tortured, murdered and left in total misery by a brutal government.

To most people in most non SE asian countries they all look the same, but why the heck don't they hire a PI ?

Personally I think the authorities don't really want to catch him as he would be like plutonium in their hands.:jap:

how hard could it be, a guy with a square head and a large entourage shopping in expensive stores

Edited by gr8fldanielle

Last week we had the police chief's priorities for his last few years in office. There was no mention of crime drugs fraud illegals ...... The headline was his wish to route out anti monarchists

Maybe Thaksin is in this category... but otherwise this sounds like the police are directed by someone on early retirement

So if they can't find taksin, anyone like to offer odds on the chances the BiB manage to track down my 5 year old red Honda Wave which was nicked a few days ago :lol:

Reports are coming in that your red Honda wave was last spotted in Oslo being ridden by a man of oriental appearance with a square head and a large entourage on a shopping spree. Oslo police are said to be in awe at how many Thais can fit on one Honda Wave .

This Gov is so good at giving a false hope to Thaksin haters. lol.

Yes - they have to give the daily dose of anti-Thaksin news to keep the fervor going. Can't let it go off the boil before the elections...

How exactly is a story about the ineptness of Thai authorities anti-Thaksin?

Well law enforcement in Thailand has never been known for its speed or efficiency.. So, this does not surprise me in the least.

I'm wondering how easy it really is to covertly surveil someone ad infinitum.

Unless the best secret services operatives Thailand has to offer are constantly in visual contact with him, which is unlikely, then why should the Thai government know where he is 24 hours a day?

Do they have access to the immigration records of any country at the drop of a hat? I'm just guessing but, I think probably not. Do they have access to every private airport and maritime port in every country. Again, I think probably not.

Thaksin is a notorious individual in Thailand and everybody would recognise him immediately but would that be true in London, Paris or Oslo? I'm confident that he has the intelligence to be discrete when necessary. How hard can it be to avoid a tailing car and get on a private plane or boat. One hour later he's in another country. With the right timing and cash anyone could probably visit four or more countries in one day.

I must point out that I am NOT a fan of Thaksin but if you put aside his tendency towards corruption and many other faults you can't help but respect his mental agility. He's not stupid. B)

IMHO

So there must be about 160 countries or so that Thailand doesn't have extradition treaties with, so that leaves plenty of room for Mr T to flit around the world indefinitely.

Actually, its probably better if he doesn't come back. Can you imagine the uproar if he landed? They'd be obliged to arrest him, the Red Shirts would go nuts and it would be chaos. Better for all if he stays away and they fail to catch him. Deliberate incompetence seems the best strategy in this case.

They have more important issues to worry about. For instance The Australian reported yesterday that Australia was sending experts to Thailand to help the authorities at the airport, which is regarded as 'high risk' for bombs being sent through in luggage. Now that's a major issue...

Edited by Bruce1

Its not hard to work out really 'they dont want him back'.

Why would they?

He can make enough trouble out of the country can you imagine the strife if he was here?

There are still enough misguided or paid people in this country to kick up a rael stink if he were here.

And anyway he seems to be carrying several passports so which he has used to enter Norway or any for that matter any other country is only conjuncture.

And of course he may very well have a different name on each passport as has been suggested.

Even if they wanted to track him it would be difficult without his lawyer saying where he will be going next.

Surely it is normal practice in Thailand?i.e. - if you ignore a problem perhaps it will go away?

There's also the rather intractable issue of no matter what he has subsequently been convicted of, he was removed from office illegally.

I find this comment entertaining, " the authorities will have to check if Thailand has extradition agreements with those countries.". Surely this is not something shrouded in mystery? Perhaps they should try Google, " "At present, Thailand has extradition treaties with 14 countries - the US, UK, Canada, China, Belgium, Philippines, Indonesia, Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia, South Korea, Bangladesh, Fiji, and Australia.".

I guess our Red Pimpernel is safe for the moment then :lol:

Perhap the honourable minister uses the same TOT internet service I have. When asked by the call center to do a speed test from my location (BKK) to the location of the test center (BKK) its near full speed surprisingly. When I point out I actually want to surf websites outside of Thailand there is much shock and awe. Apparently they dont have many people doing this thus the service is pish.

Surely it is normal practice in Thailand?i.e. - if you ignore a problem perhaps it will go away?

There's also the rather intractable issue of no matter what he has subsequently been convicted of, he was removed from office illegally.

K. Thaksin had put himself in a 'care-taker' type of position with dubious legal status or precedence. He was no longer 'in office', just clinging to it, refusing to go, subversive appointments, etc. After the coup he started all kind of subterfuging activities.

My opinion, just like 'remove from office' yours ;)

The point apparently is that some ministry or sub-division is supposed to be tracking him. Which ministry?

The government accuses 'authorities' of not keeping track of him, but they don't say who these authorities are.

It seems like they are saying they want him back, but they can't get him and it's someone's fault, but they won't say who. It's all about appearances. It appears like the government wants to catch him, but really they don't. It appears like they are watching him, but really they aren't.

He has broken the rules. They let him go and he was supposed to go quietly. He didn't.

The point apparently is that some ministry or sub-division is supposed to be tracking him. Which ministry?

The government accuses 'authorities' of not keeping track of him, but they don't say who these authorities are.

It seems like they are saying they want him back, but they can't get him and it's someone's fault, but they won't say who. It's all about appearances. It appears like the government wants to catch him, but really they don't. It appears like they are watching him, but really they aren't.

He has broken the rules. They let him go and he was supposed to go quietly. He didn't.

Some is really kafkaesque. Read 'the trial' if you haven't yet, interesting and disturbing.

Edited by rubl

He supposed to get his billions back & living exile as promised. But he didn't get it. That's why the problem never ends.

Edited by SkyHigh

Does the offer of a million baht to anyone who brings him back to Thailand - still stand?

Oh silly me, of course not. It's the same sort of hot air that keeps grandstanding politicians all puffed up with themselves.

However, if the offer was still good, I might be tempted tp slip over to Lebanon, put a tar slick in front of Thaksin's door, ring the bell - when he shows up in his bathrobe, I dangle a scroll in front of him titled "All is forgiven, you can now come back to Thailand to be top banana" ...signed by the current government. As Thaksin steps over to take a closer look at the scroll, his humpty dumpty loafers gets stuck in the tar. I quickly slip a large potato sack over him, cinch it shut, and carry him over my back to the airport - for the first plane to Thailand. Upon arriving at Swampy, I'm sure there will be a delegation eager to hand over the promised million baht for his return. They will see my success, and gentlemanly hand me the check, and there will be handshakes and glee all around.

Wait a cotton pickin' minute, who slipped the crystalized ganga bud in to my pipe?

Edited by brahmburgers

Just hire some of Mr. Thaksin's stalkers from ThaiVisa. They can cut and post flyers in their seedy neighborhoods of the sois filled with sex trade workers, druggies and other riff raff. Let them walk the streets with their torches and pitchforks uttering their empty slogans and insincere empty expressions of "loyalty" to their adopted land. Meanwhile the rest of Thailand and its foreign guests will go about their lives. Mr. Thaksin is old news. He's over. There are bigger problems that require immediate priority.

Is that where's he's rumored to be, Lebanon?

Are they still blowing up several buildings per day there? Maybe he went there to go in to the plate glass business. Ok, just kidding, I heard Beirut is quite a happening place now for parties. There's a guy in the suburbs there who built a house that looks just like a Boeing 747.

Maybe Thaksin is glad handing the Lebanese power brokers hoping to get his 19th diplomatic passport - by promising the same sorts of things he promised the leaders of the previous 18 small countries: big investments, and great plans for everyone to get wealthy. No matter that Thaksin is 100% hot air and zero % follow-up on his promises.

Just hire some of Mr. Thaksin's stalkers from ThaiVisa. They can cut and post flyers in their seedy neighborhoods of the sois filled with sex trade workers, druggies and other riff raff. Let them walk the streets with their torches and pitchforks uttering their empty slogans and insincere empty expressions of "loyalty" to their adopted land. Meanwhile the rest of Thailand and its foreign guests will go about their lives. Mr. Thaksin is old news. He's over. There are bigger problems that require immediate priority.

I don't get what you're saying. am miffed and expiring quickly from anti-histamine induced drowsiness. Good thing I'm not operating a tractor right now.

How serious they are about sticking charges on Thaksin is apparent from the fact that the current deputy prime minister is actually reported to have met the fugitive. Over beer, tea ? Not specified. Wonder how many countries tolerate their government officials meeting absconders in foreign lands while their government says it doesn't know how to trace the said absconder.

Edited by HereIAm

This is news???:whistling:

A silly retort to a pesky reporter, perhaps.

why dont they just hire ' the news of the world ' they will track him down in 5 mins.... actually no need , even my nan knowes where he is

I laughed when I read this comment because it is so true! The journalists at The Sun, The Daily Mirror, and The News of the World are world-class at finding people. Just tell them that there is a seedy story about sex involved, and they'll find him within 24 hours. The Thai authorities couldn't find the cream on a cream cake.

Even if they did find Thaksin, I expect the Thai authorities would have to form a committee to decide what to do next. To form that committee, they will have to form a committee to decide who will be on the committee that will decide what to do next. This will take time because politicians will get involved as they will smell money. So, then the committee which is set up to form the committee that will decide what to do next, will have to make a budget for the committee that will decide what will be done next as well as for itself. They will have to meet many times to argue out how to share the money involved - how much to share with each other and with the superiors and politicians. This will result in changes to the membership of the committees as the politicians will lobby for their friends to be included on the committees, especially on the committee that will make the budget.

By the time the committee that will decide what should be done next has been finalized and actually meets (presumably once a month or once a quarter in line with government committee rules and regulations), Thaksin will have moved on to another country. Then the authorities will have to start looking for Thaksin again. In the meantime, the committees will have to be disbanded as their mandate will have come to an end. When he is found again, the process of forming the committees will then restart.

So you see, finding and catching Thaksin is not quite as simple as it seems.