Thai Authorities Fail To Keep Track Of Thaksin's Whereabouts

webfact

Did Thaksin ever send back the slew of chest medals he was required to send back to Thailand?

Incidentally, the gov't should give up on its quixotic fixation with bringing the scoundrel back to Thailand. It will only create added problems - and it will keep T's name on the front pages of newspapers, which he loves. Leave him and his attorneys to stew in their own liquid lard and hope they just dissolve and fade away.

BTW, what's the latest with Saxena? He was headline news for a few weeks last year, and then ......nothing.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scooter, some will always look only as far as it takes

to back up their previous assumptions.

Some will see it as a personal loss of face or honor to actually change their mind about long standing beliefs, once NEW information becomes available. And assume, though they can change, others never do and will be the same ideologue they were 5 years ago as they are today.

Most harden their positions on issues with age, but many don't,

and blanket assumptions really don't ring true in the, long run.

No doubt Interpol will put out what information it wishes, and withhold what it wishes also. I think it is useful for Thailand to keep the sword of Damocles swinging over Thaksin, without actually going too far to get him on their soil. Discredited and on the run, is better managed and held off than an icon in a jail or easily able to pull his power levers himself directly.

They don't want him here, but it's useful to keep him charged with more things he is likely guilty of. It is just more reasons for him not to come back in a simple, here I am, manner.

Edited by animatic

With all due respect to you both - and not a few others - you might let an elephant loose, but in your back yard, you'd be unfortunate to LOSE it ... And when Sanan has finished relating details of his meeting with the Pimpernel, will Abhisit sack him? Will he consider resigning? Nah! Stupid question ...

It's a little bit like loosing an elephant in you back yard

With all due respect to you good sir, Its a LOT like loosing an elephant in your back yard.

And people wonder why Thailand attracts so many 'undesirable' foreigners.If they can't even track down Taksin this sends a crystal clear message around that globe that the authorities are unable to find their own backsides with a map so any foreign fuguitive will be perfectly safe here.

Good comment....I totally agree!

Beg to disagree Thailand had them long before they had Thaksin.

Perhaps one day, in a more Decent e-world....hopefully one where "lack of brevity" is not considered a (serious) e-offence. unsure.gif

It's not 'lack of brevity' that is considered offensive (prefixing that with an 'e' is optional - works both ways) - it's posting self-serving hyperbole that does nothing to actually advance a sane discussion on an internet forum. If you could possibly leave your ego at the home page and cut your rants in half by leaving out the untamed personal angst and over-the-top cynicism, sarcasm and other half-bit literary tools you use to decorate your tawdry arguments, you may persuade others to have a go at actually engaging you in discourse.

Otherwise, get your own website and circle-jerk yourself there.

By the way, to save you the trouble of enunciating my half-wittedness to the generally unfortunate consumers of your discharge, I am not a fan of Taksin, I endorse the sincere efforts of poor rural Thais to get a better crack at the whip in Thai society, and I don't actually think Abhisit is a bad Prime Minister. And yet I still wish you hadn't created an account on TV. Weird, huh.

Edited by hanuman1

Lots of posts are missing for several reasons:

1. They contained insults, and flames.

2. They quoted one of the above posts. If someone insults another poster and you quote it, your post is deleted as well. We simply don't have time to selectively edit each post.

3. A few posts that were completely out of context as they replied to a deleted post.

Out of curiosity then. Did anyone conclude that there is an official warrant sitting with Interpol for Thaksin's arrest.

As yet I have not seen or found anything in any news source that I can find to say that there is, hence why I said that there is not.

Thaksin opnion - May 2010

Straits Times

Difficult to act on warrant

Searching the Interpol website doesn't bring up anything I can find. If there isn't an official Interpol warrant, I will feel extremely sorry for having spouted such vile truth or stand corrected.

Search away

Interpol search form

Edited by Thai at Heart

Well maybe the reason is he has his own aircraft!

When the Red Shirts were central Bangkok Thaksin took delivery of his Bombadier Global Express plane. He keeps it registered in Abu Dhabi as A6-BBD and one wonders how someone hwo pleads poverty can afford to own one of these aircraft and run one since they cost millions just to look after. Track the aircraft and you find Thaksin. I also wonder what those enduring life on the streets of Bangkok would have felt knowing Thaksin is living the lifestyle of the rich and famous?

Thank you for joining and posting that important piece of information. B)

Just as a correction to a previous poster. For many countries, you do NOT have to be a citizen of the country to get a passport. Passports are routinely given to people who settle in a country before citizenship is awarded.

And in still other countries, one can just simply BUY a citizenship and obtain a legal passport based on that citizenship.

Thaksin is also thinking about buying citizenship for some of his followers. Though Montenegro said that it welcomes only businessmen with "indisputable and credible biography and financial means", Thaksin managed to win citizenship despite facing corruption charges at home.

You wrote:

"Thaksin is also thinking about buying citizenship for some of his followers. Though Montenegro said that it welcomes only businessmen with "indisputable and credible biography and financial means", Thaksin managed to win citizenship despite facing corruption charges at home."

Your statement needs some further comment.

It is generally accepted that although the official wording of their policy included "....welcomes only businessmen with indisputable and credible biography and financial means ...", the reality was almost the opposite.

And further just recently the EU has 'pushed' Montenergo to actually act according to their written policy and to act in line with EU policies on these matters.

The bottom line - thaksin got in when the Montenegro government was accepting anybody who had money (regardless of the countries written written policy), but he wouldn't get in today.

Next step; maybe a review of recent approvals? Maybe?

-- The Nation 2010-08-13

Just as a correction to a previous poster. For many countries, you do NOT have to be a citizen of the country to get a passport. Passports are routinely given to people who settle in a country before citizenship is awarded.

And in still other countries, one can just simply BUY a citizenship and obtain a legal passport based on that citizenship.

Thaksin is also thinking about buying citizenship for some of his followers. Though Montenegro said that it welcomes only businessmen with "indisputable and credible biography and financial means", Thaksin managed to win citizenship despite facing corruption charges at home.

You wrote:

"Thaksin is also thinking about buying citizenship for some of his followers. Though Montenegro said that it welcomes only businessmen with "indisputable and credible biography and financial means", Thaksin managed to win citizenship despite facing corruption charges at home."

Your statement needs some further comment.

It is generally accepted that although the official wording of their policy included "....welcomes only businessmen with indisputable and credible biography and financial means ...", the reality was almost the opposite.

And further just recently the EU has 'pushed' Montenergo to actually act according to their written policy and to act in line with EU policies on these matters.

The bottom line - thaksin got in when the Montenegro government was accepting anybody who had money (regardless of the countries written written policy), but he wouldn't get in today.

Next step; maybe a review of recent approvals? Maybe?

-- The Nation 2010-08-13

And further, thksin is a status freak (regardless of his sham claims to be the champion of the poor) and he's a meglomaniac. If he could get a passport from a first world highly respected country he would. He hasn't.

And further, the list of first world countries where he is banned has some length. And he's not banned in these countries because of a request from Abhisit, Kaset, or the Thai Foreign Affairs ministry. All of these countries gather their own information using their own resources and then make a decision whether to ban a person.

If he could get a passport from a first world highly respected country he would. He hasn't.

And further, the list of first world countries where he is banned has some length. And he's not banned in these countries because of a request from Abhisit, Kaset, or the Thai Foreign Affairs ministry. All of these countries gather their own information using their own resources and then make a decision whether to ban a person.

Thaksin must think, Thank goodness there's always places like Uganda, Nicaragua, Fiji, etc. for people like me.

If he could get a passport from a first world highly respected country he would. He hasn't.

Thaksin must think, Thank goodness there's always places like Uganda, Nicaragua, Fiji, etc. for people like me.

Possibly.. but as far as I can see he seems to have no difficulty travelling anywhere he likes.

Could it be that , notwithstanding diplomatically polite replies to Kasit, most governments know the score very well.They know Thaksin is a shady character:they also know that he is being pursued primarily on political grounds.

Anyway keep up monitoring the issue for us will you to the extent it's possible from Sri Racha

Possibly.. but as far as I can see he seems to have no difficulty travelling anywhere he likes.

Could it be that , notwithstanding diplomatically polite replies to Kasit, most governments know the score very well.They know Thaksin is a shady character:they also know that he is being pursued primarily on political grounds.

Anyway keep up monitoring the issue for us will you to the extent it's possible from Sri Racha

I would suggest that he can't go "anywhere he likes", but there are still a few countries that haven't removed the welcome mat ... yet.

But of course, you're right. He obviously prefers to travel to wonderfully desirable places like affluent Uganda, which allows him to travel to...

32054125.jpg

than to such undesirably desolate places like the run-down UK, which doesn't allow him to travel to any longer...

housepg.jpg

It's easy to see that most other billionaires make that same preference, too.

But of course, you're right. He obviously prefers to travel to wonderfully desirable places like affluent Uganda, which allows him to travel to...

32054125.jpg

than to such undesirably desolate places like the run-down UK, which doesn't allow him to travel to any longer...

housepg.jpg

Not entirely sure what you're driving at but do keep us posted.I'm sure you will.It's a matter of great importance.

32054125.jpg

housepg.jpg

Not entirely sure what you're driving at but do keep us posted.I'm sure you will.It's a matter of great importance.

If it elicits a response from you, then it must be of great importance.

In regards to what I was driving at:

as far as I can see he seems to have no difficulty travelling anywhere he likes.

If he can travel "anywhere he likes" then it would seem that he no longer likes to travel to the UK and instead prefers Uganda.... the same as most other people, right?

Edited by Buchholz

Let me explain ...

You said "Possibly.. but as far as I can see he seems to have no difficulty travelling anywhere he likes."

And in response, Buchholz said "But of course, you're right. He obviously prefers to travel to wonderfully desirable places like affluent Uganda, which allows him to travel to <picture of Thaksin in Uganda> than to such undesirably desolate places like the run-down UK, which doesn't allow him to travel to any longer <picture of Thaksin in London>."

So, although Thaksin can "travel anywhere he likes", he seems to like going to Uganda for some reason. I'm sure the Ugandan passport helps.

Let me explain ...

You said "Possibly.. but as far as I can see he seems to have no difficulty travelling anywhere he likes."

And in response, Buchholz said "But of course, you're right. He obviously prefers to travel to wonderfully desirable places like affluent Uganda, which allows him to travel to <picture of Thaksin in Uganda> than to such undesirably desolate places like the run-down UK, which doesn't allow him to travel to any longer <picture of Thaksin in London>."

So, although Thaksin can "travel anywhere he likes", he seems to like going to Uganda for some reason. I'm sure the Ugandan passport helps.

Okay got it now.I was being thick.I suppose I was thrown by the fact that parts of the UK are very run down.

Let me explain ...

I would think there are more than a few places he can go but where he knows a low profile is needed to avoid annoying the government, and then there are other places he can go and say and do what he wants. That I would guess is why we see so many reports of the more exotic locations. However, he recently surfaced in Norway and avoided any outlandish statements which would seem to indicate there are more than Uganda and Montenegro

If the government really wanted to pursue him they could pursue the drug deaths and if warrants were issued Im sure many governments would take that a lot more seriously. That though isnt going to happen for poltical reasons.

No need to keep you posted as it seems you too easily forget it was you who provoked / asked for an answer. Maybe you should go for a holiday to one of the countries which still allow k. Thaksin entrance and welcome him with open wallet arms.

No need to keep you posted as it seems you too easily forget it was you who provoked / asked for an answer. Maybe you should go for a holiday to one of the countries which still allow k. Thaksin entrance and welcome him with open wallet arms.

Thanks for the response but it's not really you I was addressing.Glad to know you have plenty of time on your hands.Anyway....

Actually, since you seem so interested, I have been for a holiday in Europe recently (Germany and France) where Khun Thaksin seems to have easy access, although I'm not sure he's a particularly welcome visitor.

If the government really wanted to pursue him they could pursue the drug deaths and if warrants were issued Im sure many governments would take that a lot more seriously. That though isnt going to happen for poltical reasons.

Do you really think so? I agree it's the worst of Thaksin's crimes.Leaving the domestic political issues to one side and the question of who provided actual or moral support for the drugs war (and the huge elephant in that particular room), I wonder how regional governments - China, ASEAN, even Australia would react to a formal request given the circumstances of killings.I suspect it might be construed as rough justice, crudely applied but broadly speaking in a good cause.

Do you really think so? I agree it's the worst of Thaksin's crimes.Leaving the domestic political issues to one side and the question of who provided actual or moral support for the drugs war (and the huge elephant in that particular room), I wonder how regional governments - China, ASEAN, even Australia would react to a formal request given the circumstances of killings.I suspect it might be construed as rough justice, crudely applied but broadly speaking in a good cause.

Your style seems to condense to 'agree, but' followed by some reasoning why you do not agree at all, or why it's a minor, uninteresting point anyway.

Some regional countries, especially within ASIAN have a strict 'non-interference' policy. A 'formal request' is not done. Doesn't make Thailand worse, nor them better. Australia would react on a formal request, but not sure how.

Your sentence 'I suspect it might be construed ...' can't refer to a formal request, would not make sense. So more likely it refers to the part you say 'leaving to one side'. So let's leave that to one side. Sorry, rough justice to you I'm afraid.

To build a logical comment ain't easy for some I guess ;)

Edited by rubl

Your style seems to condense to 'agree, but' followed by some reasoning why you do not agree at all, or why it's a minor, uninteresting point anyway.

Some regional countries, especially within ASIAN have a strict 'non-interference' policy. A 'formal request' is not done. Doesn't make Thailand worse, nor them better. Australia would react on a formal request, but not sure how.

Your sentence 'I suspect it might be construed ...' can't refer to a formal request, would not make sense. So more likely it refers to the part you say 'leaving to one side'. So let's leave that to one side. Sorry, rough justice to you I'm afraid.

There is so much nonsense and error here that I am experiencing what fighter pilots call "target confusion."Forgive me if I don't tabulate each point where you are wrong, because I don't sense any constructive discussion will emerge.I have noticed however you are following me around the forum and with respect to no great advantage.If I am an irritant, which I regret I suggest you use the "ignore" function.I have no idea how it works but perhaps Buchholz could advise as a little bird tells me he is well acquainted with the forum's technical matters.

There is so much nonsense and error here that I am experiencing what fighter pilots call "target confusion."Forgive me if I don't tabulate each point where you are wrong, because I don't sense any constructive discussion will emerge.I have noticed however you are following me around the forum and with respect to no great advantage.If I am an irritant, which I regret I suggest you use the "ignore" function.I have no idea how it works but perhaps Buchholz could advise as a little bird tells me he is well acquainted with the forum's technical matters.

You grant yourself too much status. I'm not following, it merely seems we are interested in the same subjects. You're right I could ignore your comments, mostly I let others do my dirty work anyway :) Sometimes I feel a need to clarify subtle constructions which try to deflect or diminish remarks you don't like. I tend to remark on the post and it's logic, you seem to like to distract with introducing new topics.

I've notice once more now you just say 'so much nonsense you can't be bothered to give a proper reply'. Me, I doubt you could.

Read my signature and think what you want.