Jump to content
BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
News_Editor

Bomb blast hits NATO convoy in Kabul, no word on casualties

Recommended Posts

Bomb blast hits NATO convoy in Kabul, no word on casualties

2010-11-12 17:23:31 GMT+7 (ICT)

KABUL (BNO NEWS) -- A bomb blast hit a NATO convoy in Kabul on Friday, officials said, but there was no immediate word on casualties.

A spokesperson for the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) confirmed the attack, but had no other information. "We do have reports of an incident in Kabul and are working to get the details," the spokesperson said.

It happened not far from the parliament building in Kabul.

Coalition casualties in Afghanistan have been rising sharply this year, with around 90 fatalities in July alone, making it the deadliest month for U.S. forces since the war began on October 7, 2001 in response to the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States.

The council of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) eventually declared that the attacks, which killed nearly 3,000 people from scores of countries, was considered an attack on all NATO nations. The NATO-backed war aims to defeat the Taliban and other insurgent groups in the country.

So far this year, more than 620 coalition service members have been killed in action. Most of them were American and died in Afghanistan's war-torn southern region. In 2009, the total death toll stood at 521.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2010-11-12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...