This Might Help A Few Of Us Non Bangkokians

I am always interested in property, but have no clue regarding locations in Bangkok. When advertsing, could you guys describe how far to Sukhumvit, how far to MBK etc. Landmarks we all know would be helpfull.

It would help me a lot and many others I would guess.

cheers

A "landmark" we all know was my point JD  :D

Only pullin' ya leg maaate... :D

I have been known to visit that area on occasions myself... :o

What area is that then... worth seeing.. ?

totster :D

Only after dark... :D

A "landmark" we all know was my point JD  :D

Only pullin' ya leg maaate... :D

I have been known to visit that area on occasions myself... :o

What area is that then... worth seeing.. ?

Only after dark... :D

Oh right.... might take my parents later on in the year then... they're looking for some nice touristy things to do... :D

I am always interested in property, but have no clue regarding locations in Bangkok. When advertsing, could you guys describe how far to Sukhumvit, how far to MBK etc.  Landmarks we all know would be helpfull.

It would help me a lot and many others I would guess.

cheers

There can never be enough pointers Tornado. Or can there? If the user doesn't know Bangkok at all, then giving location proximity to Sukhumvit, Silom, MBK, Soi 4 etc, will mean nothing if they don't know these places anyway!

Another thing is that it’s the landlords that submit the apartments themselves, and although they are encouraged on the form to include useful information such as landmarks etc, the data is not compulsory. Unless we know personally where they are in relation to somewhere else, then we can't really do much to change their entry.

The following landmarks are included on the submission form.

Nearest BTS station (Sky train)

Nearby MRTA station (Underground train)

Nearby Place (Could be any landmark)

Nearby University

Nearby International School.

There should be something in that would help the user.

Also, the Search by BTS/MRTA facility let's the user know they are in the down town area of Bkk and if they select search for Apts between let's say, Nana and Asok, they know the accommodation is going to be between these 2 roads.

Is it perfect? I wish! But user feedback is always welcome and noted. The site will never be completed and we'll always be looking for ways to make it more users friendly and informative. Remember also that we have a total of 6 search options for home hunters.

Perhaps, an article about each of the 5 Bangkok zones could be a useful read for some users. Any ideas of content would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Aitch