What About Hotels?

As a non-resident of BKK (I live down the road in Pattaya), I quite often travel to BKK with my missus to do some shopping, or sightseeing, or pick up family members from the airport, or whatever... and usually stay overnight in a hotel somewhere.

We usually stay around the lower Sukhumvit area as there are always plenty of restaurants and other entertainment venues to visit, also ready access to the skytrain system.

Any suggestions out there for the casual BKK visitor that needs an inexpensive hotel for a night or two?

My offering: Nana Tai Mansion at the end of Suk Soi 4 near the entrance to the Tobacco Monopoly... good clean rooms with decent beds, air conditioning, hot water, good and inexpensive restaurant, and a free tuk-tuk service that will run you up to Sukhumvit... overnight room rate including breakfast is about 1100 baht.

:o

As a non-resident of BKK (I live down the road in Pattaya), I quite often travel to BKK with my missus to do some shopping, or sightseeing, or pick up family members from the airport, or whatever... and usually stay overnight in a hotel somewhere.

:o

I think it’s a good idea to request hotel accommodation in this forum Jai Dee. After all, it’s all about finding rooms, long or short stay.

It may also give a good indication of the demand for such info and if the demand is high, perhaps we’ll incorporate an Add and Rate a hotel section into Roomfinder in the future for easy retrieval.

Regards

Aitch

Edited by Drew Aitch

My offering: Nana Tai Mansion at the end of Suk Soi 4 near the entrance to the Tobacco Monopoly... good clean rooms with decent beds, air conditioning, hot water, good and inexpensive restaurant, and a free tuk-tuk service that will run you up to Sukhumvit... overnight room rate including breakfast is about 1100 baht.

Guest house on Sukhumvit 49, at the top next to 7/11.

350 baht a night. Cable tv and air - simple, but if it's only bed you want.

For the lower Sukhumvit area, the book issued by "asiahotels.com" touts "Majestic Suites" on Sukumvit Road between Sois 4 and 6 as a very good value little B&B budget place... :D

<http://www.asiahotels.com/hotelinfo/Majestic_Suites_/>

<http://www.majesticsuites.com/location.html>

Only problem with the Majestic Suites is that there is no parking. :o