A Call To Experienced It Business/Technical Professionals

MrMentor

There are quite a few individuals in Thailand, both Thai and non-Thai, that would really like to see a much more successful IT startup community start here in Thailand. Some components of this community are definitely missing.

Some of us have discussed what things are missing. From our involvement with successful IT startup companies and communities, we feel that one important thing that is needed to help support and grow new IT ventures here in Thailand are mentors that are experienced in the various technical and business areas important to creating a successful IT organization.

If you are interested in helping to nurture an IT startup community here in Thailand and have the desire to share your wisdom and experiences gained from working in IT with young, creative IT entrepreneurs then you are the who this post was intended for. If you know someone elsewho this post might be intended for we hope you will help make sure ourcall reaches them as well.

Currently there is no set framework or specific agenda for a mentoring program. If you have sufficient experience working in a modern IT business environment, have an interest in sharing your experiences with others, have reasonable conversational English skills and are able to attend an initial meeting in the Bangkok area then you are someone we would like to hear from. Please visit our initial contact website at the link below to get more information and let us know how we can contact you:

http://sites.google.com/site/thailanditmentors/

P.S.I am new to this forum. I am not a spammer. I am not phishing for business. I am a professional living and working in Thailand for a major Thai institution (although this message is unrelated directly to work I do there). I used to work for ANS/AOL/UUNET/MCI/WorldCom in the US (all the names due to M&A's). I have periodically read the postings in these forums for many years but I have not found the time to participate. However, I really respect those regular meaningful contributors that make these forums so useful to so many people. I hope you will help me pass along this message to anyone involved or not involved in these forums.

Edited by MrMentor

Interesting.

My feeling is that what's missing is greed.

I didn't meet much workaholics in Thailand so far.

I get the feeling that once someone hits around 400 - 500k income a month they don't feel the same urge Europeans or Americans feel to continue to work 84-hour weeks to get the millions, because you don't need millions to get the house, the car(s), the pool, the yacht and the girl in Thailand.

And if one is successful, why on earth stay in BKK?

By the way, I am interested in buying a small Thai webdesign/webhosting company in Pattaya.

Must have existing customers and turn a profit, even a small one.

Edited by manarak