Koh Chang Golf Course

Forethat

When Koh Chang was flooded a month or so ago, I remember hearing on the news that a huge mudslide was caused by two or three water reservoires owned by the Golf Course.

This is all very strange, becuase I didn't even know there was a golf course on the island. I know there's a driving range, but surely they dont irrigate that converted rice field...

So the obvious question here is: where is the golf course on Koh Chang, and what's the name of it?

The obvious answer is you misread the news report as the golf course concerned was in Rayong not Koh Chang. There's no golf course on Koh Chang and no reservoirs either. There isn't any driving range on a ricefield on Koh Chang. There's one at the microlight airstrip and another, more professional set up, in Klong Son.

The obvious answer is you misread the news report as the golf course concerned was in Rayong not Koh Chang. There's no golf course on Koh Chang and no reservoirs either. There isn't any driving range on a ricefield on Koh Chang. There's one at the microlight airstrip and another, more professional set up, in Klong Son.

Ehhhh....no, the obvious answer is that you didn't actually read my post. If you HAD, you would have realised that I did nothing but actually question the alleged existence of a golf course; "This is all very strange, because I didn't even know there was a golf course on the island".

As for the news reports, I speak and understand Thai perfectly well to follow the news in the local language. When that is not enough there are several English version available. For instance, this one:

http://www.silobreaker.com/thailand-mud-slides-hits-koh-chang-5_2263789626135150681

Potentially, I wasn't the only one who heard the reports on Thai Telly which is exactly why I raised the question regarding the level of correctness, but thanks for confirming the absence of a golf course. As I said, I thought it was a bit strange.