Can I Buy Fresh Cherries In Thailand?

Neeranam

I have never seen them for sale outside bangkok.

Are there any orchards in Thailand?

In big markets... and expensive... It's WAY TOO hot in Thailand for Cherry Trees... They like temperate zones, like Door County Wisconsin... Same thing for most varieties of Apples, Pears, etc.

Edited by Moo Dohn
  • Like 1

I have never seen them for sale outside bangkok.

Are there any orchards in Thailand?

In big markets... and expensive... It's WAY TOO hot in Thailand for Cherry Trees... They like temperate zones, like Door County Wisconsin... Same thing for most varieties of Apples, Pears, etc.

They do raise cherries in Thailand. They do this near Mae Sai. They taste more like plums than cherries.

I saw cherries in Foodland over the past few weeks. I also saw the box they came in as they were being unpacked; from Washington state (U.S.A.).

Some of the best cherries grow up in the north west US.

Agreed :D

I have seen them at Villa when the season is at it's height, some in bulk some packed in plastic.

I always try one of the bulk to test :o

I saw cherries in Foodland over the past few weeks. I also saw the box they came in as they were being unpacked; from Washington state (U.S.A.).

Some of the best cherries grow up in the north west US.

Agreed :D

I have seen them at Villa when the season is at it's height, some in bulk some packed in plastic.

I always try one of the bulk to test :o

If you ever see any of them marked Rainier, those are the best ones. White or red.

This is making sad, cherry season is over here in the states. :D

I always try one of the bulk to test 

One of the advantages of being a farang, which I guess you are. A Thai could/would never do that.
confused. Exactly who took your cherry?

She didn't say antone took her cherry. If they haven't Bamnina, can I have it? :o

• 2 weeks later...

Cherries are also very good for gout. My dad swears by them, he used to have pretty bad gout attacks and has found that when he feels one coming on he just eats alot of cherries and it goes away. My father-in-law could do with some, he has terrible gout and we have always wanted to get him fresh cherries.

Where in Thailand are you Aughie? and when is the season?