Golf In Chiang Mai

les1

Having a Thai wife who loves to play golf with me and us both moving to CM I am really looking forward to a responce or two to your post but nothing yet....

We are budgeting B12000+ a month on golf and would love to bring this down.

I normally play at Maejo - no real membership deal, just a few benefits from registering, but a great quality new course... 9 holes after work is normally around 400 - last week it was just 220!

The toughest and most expensive course around is Gasson. Picked up details for there yesterday and they have a 30 year membership option for 160,000 (155,000 cash) which then makes it 200B a time green fee - definitely worth playing the course, but not sure if I'd want to be a member there....!

I'd be interested in finding out the membership costs for Chiang Mai Lamphun, Lanna or Green Valley, but I normally just take advantage of various vouchers and discounts I get hold of! :o

Anyone noticed if the new one out by San Kam Peng is nearing completion yet.(Chiang Mai Highland Golf and Spar)

The owner/ builder gave me a ride round the place when they started building it about 18 months ago and he told me that he was hoping to complete this August.(aprox 25 klms out of C.M.)

He also asked if I knew anybody who wanted to go half with him on a new International Lux Hotel :D:D ...but of course mai co-jai...and even more so mai mee S"Tang. :D

Never heard any more either about the new airport that everyone was talking about...again on San K-P road...maybe waiting for the results of "the experts" regarding the cracking runway at Suwanna. :D:o

For serious golfers, I would recommend:

Chiangmai Green Valley (about 20+km from town). Membership is around B85-90k. A round of golf for a member is about B150 (weekdays) + caddie (B200) + caddie tip.

Chiangmai-Lamphun (about the same distance). They have an annual membership fee of about B7k plus about B400 per game ++.

Maejo is dealt with in another post.

Lanna - membership about B150k. Fee for member is less than B100. As a visitor, the fee (weekday) is about B900++.

Of course, you can play at any course as a visitor or guest of a member.

For the non-serious golfer, there is Gymkhana, Sansai driving range & Wing 41.

Anyone know if there is any reasonabley priced golf in Chiang Mai. Monthly or annual memberships. My wife and I both play so can be costly. Any info would be great.  :o

Here's a link with a list of local clubs with green fees.

http://www.1stopchiangmai.com/essential/golf/

I've just returned from annual visit to family in Thailand, had a week or so in Chiang Mai. We played Lanna, Chiang Mai - Lampun GC and Gymkhana this time round, prices posted in the link agree with what we paid.

Both this year and last we played with some guys in a expats golf society 'Chiang Mai Golfer Club', for a photo and a couple of hundred baht you can join there society, they play competitions twice a week at the various courses, members are a mixed bunch including retiree's. One good thing with membership, which if you'r looking at playing more than the twice a week with the CNGC, they have negotiated discounts for green fee's at various courses on presentation of the card. The guy to contact for this is Ric Cameroon '[email protected]', he can update you on costs etc.

PM me if you need any more info

:D

Anyone know if there is any reasonabley priced golf in Chiang Mai. Monthly or annual memberships. My wife and I both play so can be costly. Any info would be great.   :o

Here's a link with a list of local clubs with green fees.

http://www.1stopchiangmai.com/essential/golf/

I've just returned from annual visit to family in Thailand, had a week or so in Chiang Mai. We played Lanna, Chiang Mai - Lampun GC and Gymkhana this time round, prices posted in the link agree with what we paid.

Both this year and last we played with some guys in a expats golf society 'Chiang Mai Golfer Club', for a photo and a couple of hundred baht you can join there society, they play competitions twice a week at the various courses, members are a mixed bunch including retiree's. One good thing with membership, which if you'r looking at playing more than the twice a week with the CNGC, they have negotiated discounts for green fee's at various courses on presentation of the card. The guy to contact for this is Ric Cameroon '[email protected]', he can update you on costs etc.

PM me if you need any more info

:D

For more info on the expat Thursdays check out:

www.theroyalleague.com