Kidnapping In Krabi

likewise

This incident was on the news on channel 9, Since I am personally involved as interpreter for the victim I decided to put it on here as well.

About 6 months ago a friend of mine met a girl at our local gym, they had a short term relationship. 2 months ago he decided to tell her that it was over, she didn't take this very well and threatened him telling him that he would not have a good time anymore in Thailand. When he told me this I thought it were vague threats which angry women can make. I did tell my friend to let her be and not talk to her anymore. That's where it started to go wrong, his European mind set thought that after a while he could be friends with her and all would be ok.

So about 2 weeks ago he invited here for dinner and she accepted, I didn't know of their little meeting but his plan was to talk to her and explain why their little swing couldn't continue and to just continue to be friends instead of lovers. Since already 2 months had passed since the threats he thought her anger would have faded and all would be good.

So they arrange to meet each other at a restaurant...... once there she asks him to go to another restaurant where the atmosphere is better so they decide to move on to said restaurant. They leave the first restaurant and take her car to the other restaurant chosen by her. All said and done they have their dinner and chat along...... Time for the bill and off they go...... When getting in the car suddenly 2 armed and masked men jump in and immediately blindfold and cuff him.

He had to handover his credit cards, atm cards + pin code and mobile phone. They drive for about an hour according to his statement and they arrive at some room where he was placed on the floor still cuffed and blindfolded. In the mean time the woman involved translated anytime the assailants would ask him something. Each time they left the room the woman went with the assailants and he was left with 1 guy who had to watch over him.

This went on for 24 hours till he and the woman got released.

So at first it seemed like the woman was a victim too...... When they were released she did tell him not to file a complaint with the authorities or the gangsters would find him and shoot him. As soon as he got home he contacted the bank who gave him the info that most of the money was not only withdrawn but also transfers had been made to some account belonging to Miss ....... and yes indeed Miss...... is the woman in question.

So he contacted me, we put one and one together and quickly came to the conclusion that she was behind the whole set up. We went to the police station and they were very interested in this case and started their investigation, they took us the banks where the transactions had been made (we got print outs from the bank which was also used as evidence), at the banks the cops had a look at the cctv's and indeed the woman was the one doing all the transactions. More evidence was found against her and an official complaint made, an arrest warrant was given by the court to immediately arrest her.

So they arrested her, confiscated her car and blocked her bank accounts. At the moment she is in prison and not yet released on bail, I guess that eventually she will get out on bail till further court hearing of course we hope not. Wait and see.... There's a substantial amount of evidence against her too much to sum up here. Funny thing during interrogation was that she denied and claiming to be a victim herself yet asked my friend if she would return the money that he would drop the case against her.... When my friend didn't agree with that she went back to denying, the cops had a good laugh about this of course.

THis woman is not a bar girl actually has her own tour office yet still decided to take the criminal path to get back to my friend and in the mean time take his money, all together 270.000 baht was taken from several account.

Well we hope that she won't get bail but I seriously doubt that, anyway according to the police she will get a hefty jail sentence for this, they are continuing the investigation and trying to get her to name the other perpetrators.

So guys with mia noi's who are deciding to be faithful to their wife again, be careful outthere :) :)

Also hats off to the cops who didn't waste any time and been working hard on this case.

Tour business eh? That's the second one of those scammers I've heard of. One I know of established their company through ripping off a poor elderly Aussie of his entire life savings some 400,000ASD and basically keeping him hostage for a number of years slowly trying to starve him to death until we covertly rescued him and sent him back out of our pocket which also included his maximum overstay fine..

The problem is that her husband is a General in the army so no way we could pursue the matter And he was too embarrassed to go after them once out of the country..

They bought new cars, houses and refurbished their current home on his money the b'stards!!

Edited by WarpSpeed

Well, it seems they intend to get our money one way or another. But all that effort and now a future as yet undefined prison sentence all for 270000 baht ($9000) hardly seems worth it. And then the ex GF would have to had shared the proceeds of the crime with her accomplices.

Perhaps the ex GF believed that the farang had more money in the bank at the time. Most Thais believe we have cash flowing out of our backsides.

Luckily the guy wasn`t murdered which is quite often the outcome in these cases and at the end of the day he didn't sustain too much loss. There is still the psychological trauma involved and this will probably take him a long time to recover, if at all he does.

Always keep in mind that at the main reason these women are with you is not for your company, not for the way you give multiple orgasms, not for your penis colada, your love or your cute smile, but for your money.

Money is critical if you want to get any near attractive women or something even remotely shagable.

Now don't believe me if you like, but for those who read my posts, Would I lie to you?

Edited by Beetlejuice

Shes done this over being dumped.. What do you think shes going to be sat there plotting in the police cells over him having her locked up? :rolleyes:

If your friend is intending to stay in Thailand, he should have taken the cash, got everything on record and moved.. Preferably to the opposite end of the country.. :D Sometimes its better just to walk away, as they say..

Yep, 270.000 baht that needs be divided amongst her accomplices. I really have no idea what went through her mind ? :huh:

Yeah he thought they would do him in, because during the kidnapping they mentioned it a couple of times to shoot him in case they couldn't get enough of money from his credit and atm cards.

She is really a dumb cow, I was present during part of the interrogation when they confronted her with him..... unbelievable the stuff she came up with, even the cops said that this was one of the dumbest criminals they had ever seen. Go figure, she proposed to give his money back if he dropped the charges, when he refused she went back to denying and saying she was also a victim :lol: .

Indeed Warpspeed, nothing amazes me anymore here after 16 years. Seems like many of the locals will do anything to get their greedy hands on cash.

There's definitely something wrong with this money orientated culture :angry::(

Hardly unique to Thailand is it ?

If you lived in the Philipines you would say the same thing but instead of Thais you would say The Filipinos, or Cambodians..or Vietnamese...or Brazilians... or Columbians...or Mexicans etc etc.

People cannot come to poorer countries to take advantage of their relative wealth just because the majority of the population is poor and expect everybody to be like The Citizens of Monaco/MonteCarlo where the vast majority are not poor, problems can arise.

That's why super rich people live in Monaco and not in Udon Thani. smile.gif

Indeed Warpspeed, nothing amazes me anymore here after 16 years. Seems like many of the locals will do anything to get their greedy hands on cash.

There's definitely something wrong with this money orientated culture :angry::(

If you lived in the Philipines you would say the same thing but instead of Thais you would say The Filipinos, or Cambodians..or Vietnamese...or Brazilians... or Columbians...or Mexicans etc etc.

People cannot come to poorer countries to take advantage of their relative wealth just because the majority of the population is poor and expect everybody to be like The Citizens of Monaco/MonteCarlo where the vast majority are not poor, problems can arise.

That's why super rich people live in Monaco and not in Udon Thani. smile.gif

No you're right, but it's when already financially stable or even quite well off people go way beyond decent ethics to get MORE that you can call it generally greedy. There's a lot of that.

You have much experience in Colombia, considering you can't even spell the name of the country?

Sure, this sort of thing happens all over the world. Some places more than others. The difference being, the folks from other countries have a bit more intelligence than to implicate themselves with a paper trail long enough to hang them with.

Edited by KeyserSoze01

You have much experience in Colombia, considering you can't even spell the name of the country?

Sure, this sort of thing happens all over the world. Some places more than others. The difference being, the folks from other countries have a bit more intelligence than to implicate themselves with a paper trail long enough to hang them with.

You admit this could happen anywhere, some places more than others, but can't resist suggesting that Thai people can't pull it off like other nationalities because they lack intelligence.

Yet If this had happened elsewhere, they would also be caught easily by the paper trail, regardless of nationality.

Yeah, she was obviously gonna get caught if the OP's story is factual, perhaps she wanted to get caught for some reason. Maybe it's similar to Thai women that cut their arms up, drink pesticide, jump off a balcony or hang themselves when a romance goes wrong.

If 27 Million Baht , I could understand a major crime, but 270,000, it just doesn't make sense.

I think If it was me, I'd drop the charges after getting my money back and walk away.

BTW. Congratulations on spotting todays deliberate mistake. tongue.gif

Edited by GM1955

Luckily the guy wasn`t murdered which is quite often the outcome in these cases and at the end of the day he didn't sustain too much loss.

Actually, this is the scariest part. It seems that she may have had a better opportunity to get away with this if he had in fact, been whacked.

Luckily the guy wasn`t murdered which is quite often the outcome in these cases and at the end of the day he didn't sustain too much loss.

Actually, this is the scariest part. It seems that she may have had a better opportunity to get away with this if he had in fact, been whacked.

I still think she was doing this because she felt wronged somehow, we only hear one side of the story and of course that equals Farang the Victim, what drove her to this will never be known on this forum, I'm sure she would tell an entirely different story if she had the opportunity.

If she was a total psycho, she had his pin number, she had the card, she could have had him taken away, killed and fed to the pigs and just another Farang goes missing in Thailand.

Seems she had some business and a car, the money was maybe unimportant to her, 270,000 Baht isn't a lot of money, but maybe it was to the Farang in question, that's why she took it. ( Many Farangs in Thailand are not in a good financial situation )

Maybe he dumped her for some 18 year old BG who he was paying money to after this woman had been really good to him and believed the lies he told her ! ( Farangs do lie to Thai women, it's certainly not a one way street where honesty is concerned )

Maybe she really is the victim !

I think he should be arrested, the Thai woman released and awarded 270,000 Baht damages. smile.gif

Edited by GM1955

To answer a few questions, he is not poor not even close to. No he didn't drop her for a BG.

Anyway she has been released on bail.

Amazing, the cops really had put in hard work, good and lots of evidence yet the court releases her on bail. This without her accomplices being caught... What do you think she will do.....?? Of course, contact her accomplices one way or another.

Starting to understand why the cops are lazy sometimes to go after the "bad "guys" if u see that the court releases them.

I still think she was doing this because she felt wronged somehow, we only hear one side of the story and of course that equals Farang the Victim, what drove her to this will never be known on this forum, I'm sure she would tell an entirely different story if she had the opportunity.

If she was a total psycho, she had his pin number, she had the card, she could have had him taken away, killed and fed to the pigs and just another Farang goes missing in Thailand.

Seems she had some business and a car, the money was maybe unimportant to her, 270,000 Baht isn't a lot of money, but maybe it was to the Farang in question, that's why she took it. ( Many Farangs in Thailand are not in a good financial situation )

Maybe he dumped her for some 18 year old BG who he was paying money to after this woman had been really good to him and believed the lies he told her ! ( Farangs do lie to Thai women, it's certainly not a one way street where honesty is concerned )

Maybe she really is the victim !

I think he should be arrested, the Thai woman released and awarded 270,000 Baht damages. smile.gif

Silly apologist troll :ermm: ...

Indeed warpspeed, the geezer is still wearing his rose tinted glasses. Oh well if he manages to live here long enough he will find out who the natives can be like.

20 years I've been in Thailand, how about you ?

I've met more lying cheating Farangs in Thailand than any other country I have worked in or lived in, apart from the UK where I come from.

The only people ever to have borrowed money from me and never paid it back have been Farangs, so when you say I am an apologist or inexperienced, I suggest you're the inexperienced one if you think Farangs do no wrong here.