Thai Band 'Carabao' To Celebrate 30 Years Of Success

webfact

Folksong Band 'Carabao' to Celebrate 30 Years of Success

med_gallery_327_1086_41920.jpg

File photo: Yuenyong Opakul

Source: Wikipedia

The famous folk band Carabao will celebrate their 30th anniversary next year with four special projects for their fans.

Music legend Carabao will be celebrating his band's 30th birthday next yaer.

To welcome the special year, the band held a press conference at the Aksara Theater in Soi Rangnam to unveil four special projects worth hundreds of millions of baht.

The first event is the Carabao World Tour, which will bring the band to each province for concerts, each performance paired with an advanced light and sound system.

The second special project is a Carabao Expo at the Queen Sirikit National Convention Center.

The band also has plans to hold a full scale concert after a previous one held in 1985 was cut short.

The last of the four projects is to introduce hologram technology on their concert stage.

Yuenyong Opakul or Ad Carabao said these special projects aim to express the band's gratitude to its fans for following their work for the past three decades.

The band will cease all performances at night entertainment venues to make time to practice for their big events.

They hope their full scale concert will set a new precedent for concerts in Thailand.

No one, not even the band members themselves, expected Carabao to have done so well over the past 30 years.

They have launched 26 albums in all, with the 'Made in Thailand' album doing the best, selling five million copies.

Their songs reflect the major times that Thai society has experience over the last three decades that are still talked about today.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-11-18

footer_n.gif

I had the pleasure of meeting Ad out of all places in the Bathroom next to the domestic baggage claim at Suvarnabhumi about 6-8 months ago. We were vying for who was gonna go to the stand up first, but ended up standing side by side, urinal to urinal relieving ourselves at the same time.

Nice guy. After that, and washing our hands, we shook hands and chatted for about 5 or so minutes, in English, and then went on our ways.

Nothing unreal about this guy, except he is a little shorter in person than one would have immagined.

World tour???

uncletom

I had the pleasure of meeting Ad out of all places in the Bathroom next to the domestic baggage claim at Suvarnabhumi about 6-8 months ago. We were vying for who was gonna go to the stand up first, but ended up standing side by side, urinal to urinal relieving ourselves at the same time.

We met in a bathroom would have sufficed.

rkidlad

Posted 2 minutes ago

Hey! True story, and just met in the bathroom leaves too much to wonder or ponder.

uncletom

rkidlad

Posted 2 minutes ago

Hey! True story, and just met in the bathroom leaves too much to wonder or ponder.

uncletom

And did you have a chance for discourse on Carabao's xenophobic stance via his er, music? Jingoistic shill.

rkidlad

Posted 2 minutes ago

uncletom

If there is some discord or disdain, tending to be based on foreigners, or foreigners overtaking his country, then it was not showing. Nor did I relate of my understanding of his feelings back to him and relate my bewilderment seeing the foreigners coming and staying here every year over the years by unmentionable folds over my 18+ years of stay.

No, we just talked about normal small talk, about where from, music, penis size and so forth. But thanks for asking!

uncletom

And did you have a chance for discourse on Carabao's xenophobic stance via his er, music? Jingoistic shill.

OOPS. wrong palce to paste.. Now my response...

If there is some discord or disdain, tending to be based on foreigners, or foreigners overtaking his country, then it was not showing. Nor did I relate of my understanding of his feelings back to him and relate my bewilderment seeing the foreigners coming and staying here every year over the years by unmentionable folds over my 18+ years of stay.

No, we just talked about normal small talk, about where from, music, penis size and so forth. But thanks for asking!

uncletom

A great icon in Thailand and certainly known overseas as demonstrated by Stephen Segal during his time in Thailand in 2001 during shooting of Belly Of The Beast. Segal picked up a guitar at the German Beers Garden off Rama III and did a duo with Ad on stage. For what it is worth!