Re_the Two Who Died

Sojourner

Their names were Charles Clayton Burgess, nicknamed Boom Bim in Thai and the owner of the bar. He was 39, from Box Hill in NSW. His friend was Scott Ray Sturgess, 42, from San Diego, California, on holiday in Thailand.

The main thread about this tragedy was HERE.

I shall leave this thread open for people to express their regrets.

May they rest in peace.

Their names were Charles Clayton Burgess, nicknamed Boom Bim in Thai and the owner of the bar. He was 39, from Box Hill in NSW. His friend was Scott Ray Sturgess, 42, from San Diego, California, on holiday in Thailand.

May they rest in peace.

Boom Bim [perfect smile] was the name of the Bar, named after a younger family member, Clays nickname was Boss or Clay but never Charles! he looked younger than 39, big shock to me mate too see it on Australian news! I always droped in to see him when in Cnx to keep him in touch as I dont think he ever intended too OZ, r.i.p.

May they rest in peace.

just between you and me and any one that knew Clay and his Family, I know you can not beleve whats happened! he wasent evil, had a great out look on life and had achived a lot for a young bloke [ a grandad at 36 ] he lived a life, and was caring for his Thai family [ I looked after his Bar when he got Married in BKK last year for 5 days and it wasent the same with out his Personality] as for the hard gear , Im sorry I never saw any, any one can write history after the past has died!

as for the sad comments from some members, all I can say you didnt know the blokes! a set up? UP2U J_mc

Sure has the earmarks of poisoning...for two people to OD at the same time is very rare, even while drinking, according to a pschologist I know.

Something lethal in the stuff,  from the supplier or somewhere?

The first question to ask is, "who would benefit from his death?". If it was foul play the other poor soul was probably in the wrong place at the wrong time.

• 3 weeks later...
Sure has the earmarks of poisoning...for two people to OD at the same time is very rare, even while drinking, according to a pschologist I know.

The first question to ask is, "who would benefit from his death?". If it was foul play the other poor soul was probably in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I feel very sorry for Clay and his wife and her family.

They were near finishing the new house in Mae Taeng

Not wishing to rehash all of this, but you may wish to consult with a medical doctor instead of a psychologist for a proper medical opinion.

For 2 people to OD at the same time, particularly if they have been drinking, is NOT uncommon.

The lethality of OD'ing on the H was most like from the purity of it (something Thailand H is famous for) coupled with their alcohol consumption and their death was probably not from something "added" to the H.

By all accounts they didn't seem to be regular users and thus if have their dabbling involved using highly pure H, an OD is almost to be expected.

I join all others in wishing peace for their souls.... :o

The lethality of OD'ing on the H was most like from the purity of it (something Thailand H is famous for) coupled with their alcohol consumption and their death was probably not from something "added" to the H.

By all accounts they didn't seem to be regular users and thus if have their dabbling involved using highly pure H, an OD is almost to be expected.

If they overdosed from the white powder, not as easily found in the Kingdom as once upon a time, then they were most likely shooting direct into the veins. If they were shooting then they were probably addicts. But it doesn't sound like they were addicts.

If they overdosed from the white powder, not as easily found in the Kingdom as once upon a time, then they were most likely shooting direct into the veins. If they were shooting then they were probably addicts. But it doesn't sound like they were addicts.

From the original thread, the autopsy revealed H was found in their nasal passages indicating snorting as the route of ingestion. It doesn't require all that much to OD whichever route is used. H is indeed not as common as before, but still not all that difficult to come by.

* DISCLAIMER: I have not and never will be a user/buyer, but I do know of others that have*

Edited by sriracha john