Chilling Out In Chiangkong

Limbo

Chiangkong is about 110 kms from Chiang Rai town. You can use public transport to go there. There is one slow bus and one even slower bus. By car it takes about two hours including a pit-stop.

I tried several times to find some rest there. A guesthouse directly at the mighty Mekong, 2100 kms from Thibet and 2100 kms from Ho Chi Minh City: The Chomkhong guesthouse of Khun Nam Waan and her unsurpassable husband Khun Victor (yes, the one from Luxemburg, known in Chiang Rai for many years). Perfectly clean, great view, even satelite TV.

Oettinger Beer (4,9 and 8,9 %), Guinness, Grolsch aso, aso. The rooms are between 250 and 300 for members of the expat community of Chiang Rai.

It is the soi directly next to the police station (opposite the big Wat) and after hundred meters to the left and there it is.

But don't go on Mondays! Because Monday is the day that Bo's Place is closed.

And who could you find in Chiangkong then? Yes, Bo, Erwin, Han and other regulars of Bo's Place. It's party time!

And you know how you are going to feel on Tuesday morning.

So don't go on Mondays :o

Limbo

Oh, sorry!

I forgot to mention that you can eat there as well.

But this Oettinger Weissbier is the best beer I ever had in Chiang Rai province.

Correction: It is about the same quality as the German beer brewed in Chiangmai. The Restaurant (at the super highway close to the NEW airport) which serves it in Chiang Rai town, is now closed.

It will re-open at the Thanon Sanam Bin, not far from the OLD airport.

OK, let's go on with the rest of the day.

Limbo.