114 Yellow Shirts To Be Charged For Bangkok Airports Protests

webfact

2 years, by the way.

You're probably thinking of the coup. That wasn't the PAD, that was the army... or are you trying to suggest they're one and the same?

Suggesting no I am not, I am telling you one sponsors the other. Go back and look at the footage from the thai tv, when they tried to move the yellows with those cheap chinese tear gas grenades I twice saw men in army uniform carrying injured protestors away from the scene. Also who was guarding the yellows, maybe army personnel in civillian clothes with hand guns or was it some super active retired school teachers. Why did the army not move in and reopen the airport while the country was falling to its knees. The question arising from the yellow chirade are plentiful but I will be happy if you can answer these couple

You've never seen someone in Thailand (non-army) wearing a camouflage jacket before? Or were they in full army dress, helmet, boots and all? Does the army carry hand guns?

The yellow shirts were at the airport for 9 days. The army didn't move in on the red shirts for nearly 4 weeks (April 10).

Many of yellow guards are from military. But if you insist those are purely mom & dad wearing jacket, no one should have continued having conversation with you.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 years, by the way.

You're probably thinking of the coup. That wasn't the PAD, that was the army... or are you trying to suggest they're one and the same?

Suggesting no I am not, I am telling you one sponsors the other. Go back and look at the footage from the thai tv, when they tried to move the yellows with those cheap chinese tear gas grenades I twice saw men in army uniform carrying injured protestors away from the scene. Also who was guarding the yellows, maybe army personnel in civillian clothes with hand guns or was it some super active retired school teachers. Why did the army not move in and reopen the airport while the country was falling to its knees. The question arising from the yellow chirade are plentiful but I will be happy if you can answer these couple

The use of the exploding cheap Chinese tear gas grenades was during the removal of PAD from Parliament in October 2008. That action was conducted by the police, NOT the Army. We are still awaiting follow-up action on those police and government officials responsible:

Former Prime Minister Somchai Charged With Criminal Misconduct

The Army did not act on the airport situation the same as the police did not act on the airport situation. Does PAD control the police, too? If so, why did the police injure over 500 PAD members in October 2008?

Edited by Buchholz

Many of yellow guards are from military. But if you insist those are purely mom & dad wearing jacket, no one should have continued having conversation with you.

I'm not denying that some yellow guards are from the military. The red shirts had people in fatigues. Were they "sponsored" by the army too?

Just because there were a couple of people in fatigues (camouflage jackets?) does not mean that the army was out in force protesting with the PAD.

Truethailand was jumping around with conspiracy theories because he saw some army jackets at the PAD protests. The red shirts have supporters in the army, just as the PAD do. There was a lot more to why the army didn't go in to remove the PAD than "one sponsors the other", one point being that the PAD were only at the airport for 9 days. Another, as I understand it, was that the government did not protect the army from legal issues if things went wrong, so the army were reluctant to do anything.

I fail to see what the reds have to do with this issue?

It seems that all sides will rightly get their time in court, just not quite sure which decade they will get round to handling all the illegal activities committed by all those involved on all sides.

How the system handles the offences of each side will have an enormous effect on the long term stability of the country.

The question is: What will the charges be?

Terrorism

:) I doubt a terrorism charge will be put against them. In fact I doubt it will be much more than tresspassing. If you have information stating that terrorism is the charge being considered, please share it with the rest of us :)

Trespassing! One has got to laugh.

But you're right "terrorism" won't be the charge.My post was made ironically since the charge was made completely inappropriately against the redshirt demonstrators - but then they didn't have the feudal, military and elite support the yellow/PAD mob enjoyed.Personally I would like to see jail time for the PAD ringleaders - though of course (see above) it won't happen.

You should have been here during the so called protest. It is obvious you are getting your information from out of country sources.

It was a act of terrorism. Invading hospitals indiscriminate bombings of Transit stations. Armed seizure of a part of Bangkok refusal to negotiate. Try to burn Bangkok down, drive by bombs. Not to mention the thousands of honest citizens they deprived of there livelihood. You should have been here.

The Yellow shirts should not be charged just made to pay the money back to all that lost money due to there actions and pay the hotel (five star) cost for the people who had to stay extra days because of them. That will keep them busy.

The believers just believe it - they don't need any back ups with facts and evidence.

I think you're right.I have a well educated Egyptian friend who is convinced that the twin towers were blown up by the Americans, the jets were drones and all Jews working there were given 24 hours notice of the attack.So I am familiar with the mentality.I have politely noted the view that UDD gunmen slaughtered their own people, accounting for most of the deaths.As with my Egyptian friend it's pointless even discussing the subject.

Once more I completely agree with SergeiY. I won't give examples though, pointless.

It seems that all sides will rightly get their time in court, just not quite sure which decade they will get round to handling all the illegal activities committed by all those involved on all sides.

How the system handles the offences of each side will have an enormous effect on the long term stability of the country.

True. Both sides went well beyond the realms of peaceful demonstration to maybe varying degrees. The courts are the place to deal with those excesses in an even handed way taking into account the severity of the crimes committeedd and without taking into account political expediency.

Attacking the man and not the post again? (and not posting the full quote --- so in effect modifying someone's post)

Pi Sek's full statement follows......

That's your belief, not fact. My belief is quite the opposite, I assure you - that UDD snipers were 'mainly' responsible for civilian deaths. I'll shut up if I'm proven wrong, as should you; but until then, please recognise that this is an opinion rather than given fact.

Pi Sek is not the only person that holds those beliefs (particularly about the April shootings.)

And do you hold those beliefs about "UDD snipers" being mainly responsible?

And if you do , do you have any evidence?

See post 43 (your post here is post 50 :)

I do also note that you are still continuing with "attack the man and not the argument" in this thread.

Attacking the man and not the post again? (and not posting the full quote --- so in effect modifying someone's post)

Pi Sek's full statement follows......

That's your belief, not fact. My belief is quite the opposite, I assure you - that UDD snipers were 'mainly' responsible for civilian deaths. I'll shut up if I'm proven wrong, as should you; but until then, please recognise that this is an opinion rather than given fact.

Pi Sek is not the only person that holds those beliefs (particularly about the April shootings.)

See post 43 (your post here is post 50 :)

I do also note that you are still continuing with "attack the man and not the argument" in this thread.

No evidence and I suspect pointless to discuss with someone who apparently believes the red shirts murdered themselves.

Why do you care about facts or evidence, jayboy? You're never able to present any to back your opinions.

Most people of whatever political stripe would regard it as bizarre to believe that the deaths in May were "mostly" caused by "UDD snipers."

Neither the government nor army nor Thai press nor foreign press nor on the spot observers have made this claim.

Do you have any views?

Do I sense a bit of inconsistency in Jayboy's posts? Or is he unable to maintain any credibility without adding the caveat "believe the deaths in May" to his phrase?

I clearly stated my opinion that in April it would appear that most of the deaths can be laid fairly cleanly at the feet of the redshirt's ronin.

Nor did I say that the redshirts "murdered themselves". I believe that (particularly in April, as I previously stated) that Sae Daeng's Ronin were responsible for most of the deaths. Jayboy is pretending that the redshirts are a seemless and factionless group where there is nowhere in the mix a group of people that might sacrifice some of their own to win. Sadly (for the redshirts), for the first time in modern history in Thailand; the army was used against a group within the population in BKK and the government didn't fall when blood spilt.

So, Yes Jayboy, I do believe that the reds are responsible for most of the deaths in April and many in May. How many or what percentage in May? I have no idea. Do you? Can you give PROOF that they didn't kill most? Oh wait ... that is at the current time NOT PROVABLE ... and is a matter for conjecture and opinion only :) Or am I wrong ... does Jayboy have proof that hasn't been released to the rest of us yet?

True. Both sides went well beyond the realms of peaceful demonstration to maybe varying degrees.

Quite varied, IMO.

I don't recall nearly as many shooters, bombers, and arsonists being on one side.

eg. yet another squad of Red Shirt bombers and grenaders apprehended today:

Police arrest 5 suspects in grenade attacks in Chiang Mai, Bangkok

True. Both sides went well beyond the realms of peaceful demonstration to maybe varying degrees.

Quite varied, IMO.

I don't recall nearly as many shooters, bombers, and arsonists being on one side.

eg. yet another squad of Red Shirt bombers and grenaders apprehended today:

Police arrest 5 suspects in grenade attacks in Chiang Mai, Bangkok

http://www.thaivisa....ng-mai-bangkok/

It is worth adding a bit more ... since it goes to the heart of what Jayboy seems to be denying the possibility of .. that reds were responsible for the murders in May (well they were obviously responsible, but I mean they actually pulled the triggers)!

Mr Wallop confessed to firing RPG projectiles eight times in Bangkok and the adjacent provinces including the attacks at a house in Soi Ladprao 23, buildings in the Government House compound, at Lumpini Park, and on expressways on May 16, 18 and 19, 2010 during the turmoil and security force operations to end the April-May Red Shirt protest. He was also apparently involved in M79 grenade attacks on Bangkok Bank branches.

True. Both sides went well beyond the realms of peaceful demonstration to maybe varying degrees. The courts are the place to deal with those excesses in an even handed way taking into account the severity of the crimes committeedd and without taking into account political expediency.

I could be cynical and give a glib answer.

All any of us can hope is that indeed,

The courts are the place to deal with those excesses in an even handed way taking into account the severity of the crimes committeedd and without taking into account political expediency.

I will wait for the clips on youtube.........