Your Thai Wife?

SiamOne

I am interested to know how you met your Thai wife (or husband)

The most common way (from a poll I held in London) was in a bar. The second was agency, the third internet.

I met my husband on the internet, just started emailing each other and etc. When he came to Bkk we arranged to meet up and....the rest is history.

how about you!! :o

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I travelled through Thailand and met some friends who I knew from internet. Then it happened I decided to visit Silk festival in Khon Kaen and met my present wife there. Not easy to get contact but I was lucky.

Then keeping sms and email. And now she lives in Holland with me. :o

My little lady was working in a Thai restaurant in Rome (Italy).

Now living happily here in LOS, she wants to open an Italian restaurant. :o

She should. I was in Italy for two weeks last year and didn't come across a single Thai restaurant when I and my wife were yearning for home dishes. Met a Thai priest studying theology at Vatican while in Rome and he told me there's not a single Thai restaurant in Rome (when there are 7 - 8 Italian restaurants in Soi Langsuan alone!).

My little lady was working in a Thai restaurant in Rome (Italy).

Now living happily here in LOS, she wants to open an Italian restaurant. :o

She should. I was in Italy for two weeks last year and didn't come across a single Thai restaurant when I and my wife were yearning for home dishes. Met a Thai priest studying theology at Vatican while in Rome and he told me there's not a single Thai restaurant in Rome (when there are 7 - 8 Italian restaurants in Soi Langsuan alone!).

They are there, you really have to look for them though:-

Isola Phuket -- behind Villa Chigi (Northern Rome)

Thai Village -- on the number 8 tram route towards the Casaletto end, don't remember exactly where.

another one near Piramide -- never tried it though.

There's also a nice eat all you can Mongolian barbecue on via Regina Margherita, number 3 tram, 2 stops up the hill from Policlinico metro station.

Edited by Crossy

Visiting friends flat in Pra-wet just off Udom Suk....roi nung/roi sam...1997.. :D

Thought she was the taxi driver.......been driving me everwhere.... ever since.....but of course I never tip..... :o Mi mee bt...leo sigh-leo qua..............trong pai..krup :D

Went for a walk, through the (small) beach-resort, to look for somewhere nice to eat later in the day. She was standing outside the video-bar, writing up the films for that evening, and chatting to her farang boss. I smiled at her, she smiled back, and the rest is history. :o:D

A lot of members not posting here, so will save them the truoble :D:o

Bar Bar Bar Bar Bar Bar Bar Bar Bar Bar Bar Bar Bar Bar

Topic Correction:

Here is an opportunity to brag and feel all special about yourself because you didn't meet your gf in a bar.

Nasty & uncalled-for comment

Yeah, okay, I deleted it. But let me just stand up for the many of us who have actually met some of the most wonderful wives and gfs in the world..... in a BAR!

Topic Correction:

Here is an opportunity to brag and feel all special about yourself because you didn't meet your gf in a bar.

Yeah, okay, I deleted it. But let me just stand up for the many of us who have actually met some of the most wonderful wives and gfs in the world..... in a BAR!

Point taken. What counts is a long & happy relationship - not where you met, Chang ! :o

Topic Correction:

Point taken. What counts is a long & happy relationship - not where you met, Chang ! :o

I have to agree , you meet some of the nicest people in the strangest places..even here .

My wife was friends with a girl who ran an introduction agency and was hanging around her office. Her friend asked her to make a video just for fun. She did, just walking up and down. I visited, saw the video, arranged a meeting.

It actually took place on her birthday. She said little, I thought she wasn't much interested but asked for a second date anyway, and she said yes and brought the friend along as a confidence booster. Her friend was much more outgoing and got my wife into the spirit of the evening.

We married two weeks to the day after meeting, and are in our 14th year. She worked in Tokyu at Siam Square at the time, but immediately joined my on my trek around the world as a tennis reporter, beginning in California.

After 18 months she got tired of the constant travel, and it was getting expensive, so we based ourselves in London for a year. I decided that wasn't fair on her while I was travelling, so we moved to Bangkok. No regrets about that. I hadn't lived full-time in the UK since the mid-80's anyway so I didn't miss anything. Except decent fish and chips and twiglets.

It was just like that Manfred Mann song: "here she comes justa walking down the street, singing dowah ditty ............."

..........................diddy dum diddy doo :o

D*amn!!! it's in my head now................will be humming it all week :D