Your Thai Wife?

SiamOne

It was just like that Manfred Mann song: "here she comes justa walking down the street, singing dowah ditty ............."

..........................diddy dum diddy doo :o

D*amn!!! it's in my head now................will be humming it all week :D

And mine, altogether now :D

There she was just a-walkin' down the street

Singin' Do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do

Snappin' her fingers and shufflin' her feet

She looked good (looked good), she looked fine (looked fine)

She looked good, she looked fine and I nearly lost my mind

Before I knew it she was walkin' next to me

Holdin' my hand just as natural as can be

We walked on (walked on) to my door (my door)

We walked on to my door, then we kissed a little more

Whoa-oh, I knew we was falling in love

Yes I did, and so I told her all the things I'd been dreamin' of

Now we're together nearly every single day

A-we're so happy and that's how we're gonna stay

Well I'm hers (I'm hers), she's mine (she's mine)

I'm hers, she's mine, wedding bells are gonna chime

Whoa-oh, I knew we was falling in love

Yes I did, and so I told her all the things I'd been dreamin' of

Now we're together nearly every single day

A-we're so happy and that's how we're gonna stay

Well I'm hers (I'm hers), she's mine (she's mine)

I'm hers, she's mine, wedding bells are gonna chime

Whoa-oh-oh-oh, oh yeah

Do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do, we'll sing it

Do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do, oh yeah, oh, oh yeah

Do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She was working as a baker right next to me,

that much is true,

I picked her out, I shook her up, and turned her around

Turned her into someone new

Now 8 years later on she's got the world at her feet

Having 3 kids has been so easy for her

But don’t forget it’s me who put her where she is now

And I can put her back down too

Well that's my attempt...but I must add that only the 1st two lines are true and the 5th and 6th lines are fact.... :o

I am interested to know how you met your Thai wife (or husband)

The most common way (from a poll I held in London) was in a bar. The second was agency, the third internet.

I met my husband on the internet, just started emailing each other and etc. When he came to Bkk we arranged to meet up and....the rest is history.

how about you!! :o

Mine was a maid and I taught the jap kids .. bloomed from there

still blooming after 12 years and two cute sons :D

Thanks for the link, Loong. But as you say, they're expensive, so I pick a few up whenever I visit the UK, or kind colleagues bring me some when we met up somewhere. Also Fray Bentos meat puddings. Twiggies you can find in Dubai (although too close to their sell-by date) and sometimes in Oz (for Xmas), but the puddings appear to be export-proof (many say with good reason!!)

Also pick up Tesco teabags that they briefly sold here.

But now we're off-topic so I'll shut up.

She was working as a waitress in a resort hotel on the island of Saipan. I was working on Saipan for the US Government. I used to go to the bar at the restaurant where she worked for happy hour a few times a week.

We both retired at the end of March this year and moved to Thailand in April.

Topic Correction:

Here is an opportunity to brag and feel all special about yourself because you didn't meet your gf in a bar.

Nasty & uncalled-for comment

I agree, as most of the women I know who worked in bars are really nice, generous and good friends. You know, as do most people, that the bar girls in Thailand mostly come from Isaan, the poorest region. They want to support their families mostly.

mind you, if they stay in the business too long, their attitudes also change, for the worse. Blame their customers for that!!?

My wife was friends with a girl who ran an introduction agency and was hanging around her office. Her friend asked her to make a video just for fun. She did, just walking up and down. I visited, saw the video, arranged a meeting.

It actually took place on her birthday. She said little, I thought she wasn't much interested but asked for a second date anyway, and she said yes and brought the friend along as a confidence booster. Her friend was much more outgoing and got my wife into the spirit of the evening.

We married two weeks to the day after meeting, and are in our 14th year. She worked in Tokyu at Siam Square at the time, but immediately joined my on my trek around the world as a tennis reporter, beginning in California.

After 18 months she got tired of the constant travel, and it was getting expensive, so we based ourselves in London for a year. I decided that wasn't fair on her while I was travelling, so we moved to Bangkok. No regrets about that. I hadn't lived full-time in the UK since the mid-80's anyway so I didn't miss anything. Except decent fish and chips and twiglets.

BB,

That's got to be the best story so far! Congratulations on 14 years after such a short courtship. We met in much the same way and got married after 2 months. That was 8 months ago so it will take us a while to catch up with you. :o

I met my wife in a bar just outside Fort Bragg, NC. She was the cook there. She noticed me eating there alot and invited over for some honey and garlic pork chops that were out of this world. The 2nd time it was teriyaki pork chops and they were even better. As she said, the pork chops set the hook and all she had do was reel me in. Been married going on 15 years and still have not had a bad meal.

PKG

:o

I met my wife when she was in grad school. I had just finished my M.S. at that time. She was here in the states, alone and needed a friend. So I was her American friend. We spent time doing a lot of fun activities... basically just hanging out, and keeping her from going crazy from not having any friends or family over here.

Then one day we were out riding an ATV, I flipped the ATV, it landed on my head, I suffered an open skull fracture, and she did her best to keep me alive. She never left my side, she even slept with me in my hospital bed. It was then when I realized how loyal of a woman she was, and how lucky I would be if she would be willing to marry me. We got married a month after the accident..... almost 5 years ago today. We are still in the states now, but we plan to go moving to Thailand as soon as the money is right.

A lot of members not posting here, so will save them the truoble :D  :o

Bar  Bar  Bar  Bar  Bar  Bar  Bar  Bar  Bar  Bar  Bar  Bar  Bar  Bar 

You think they are a little Sheepish ? :D

Ivan

:D

What I can't understand is all the guys who live in Thai villages. How on earth did they all meet their wives?

More importantly, why do they want to get married with this type of uneducated girl? Fair enough the guys who can speak Thai, but how many times have I seen a married couple speaking in sign language. Are these guys not embarassed to have been conned by such uneducated girls. How can they travel in Thailand, don't they know that all other Thais are laughing at them? Especially the ones who marry Isarn girls who are 10 years younger than them.

I met my wife when travelling in Italy.

Thai people can tell a mile off when a foreigner is with an ex-hooker. That is why us normal couples get such a bad time in Thailand, due to these idiots that get conned by farmers daughters.

What I can't understand is all the guys who live in Thai villages. How on earth did they all meet their wives?

More importantly, why do they want to get married with this type of uneducated girl? Fair enough the guys who can speak Thai, but how many times have I seen a married couple speaking in sign language. Are these guys not embarassed to have been conned by such uneducated girls. How can they travel  in Thailand, don't they know that all other Thais are laughing at them? Especially the ones who marry Isarn girls who are 10 years younger than them.

I met  my wife when travelling in Italy.

Thai people can tell a mile off when a foreigner is with an ex-hooker. That is why us normal couples get such a bad time in Thailand, due to these idiots that get conned by farmers daughters.

Does your breath smell?

Or are you just talking out of your A*se?

More importantly, why do they want to get married with this type of uneducated girl? Fair enough the guys who can speak Thai, but how many times have I seen a married couple speaking in sign language. Are these guys not embarassed to have been conned by such uneducated girls. How can they travel  in Thailand, don't they know that all other Thais are laughing at them? Especially the ones who marry Isarn girls who are 10 years younger than them.

Welcome to the Forum, Saraburioz. Not a great way to make friends but perhaps you can redeem yourself by sharing with us your definition of 'normal couple'. :o

<snip>Been married going on 15 years and still have not had a bad meal.<snip>

Good one. I know exactly what you mean. I strongly prefer to eat at home, the standard of food is so much better.

As I posted a while ago, I met my wife in a shop in Tha Phra, just over the river. She was actually managing the shop. So nearly 4 years later, we are still very happy.

Welcome to the Forum, Saraburioz. Not a great way to make friends but perhaps you can redeem yourself by sharing with us your definition of 'normal couple'. :o

Met mine about 2 1/2 hours ago in bar. I hope she stays with me to 6pm, then I will be able to take her home. Save me paying for her taxi!!

I consider us to be a normal couple........... :D

Probably in Thailand
More importantly, why do they want to get married with this type of uneducated girl?

What makes you think that all of these girls are uneducated?

Fair enough the guys who can speak Thai, but how many times have I seen a married couple speaking in sign language.
Where have you seen these couples?
Are these guys not embarassed to have been conned by such uneducated girls.

Because a man lives in a village, it automatically means he has been conned?

No Farang that lives in a city has been conned?

How can they travel in Thailand, don't they know that all other Thais are laughing at them?
How much time have you spent in Thai villages,? You seem to be such an authority! Most rural Thais laugh at the way Farang throw their money away in the tourist spots. You have no knowledge about Thai people at all!

Guess what, most Farang here on TV are laughing at you re your pathetic post :D

Especially the ones who marry Isarn girls who are 10 years younger than them.

I met my wife when travelling in Italy.

So what! You seem to have the impression your wife is better than other Thais because you met her in Italy? What! Isaan ladies are a lower form of life than your wife?

You are a normal couple? far from it with your low opinion of poorer Thai people. Does your wife agree with you?

In what way do you have a bad time in Thailand? If you do it is probably due to your moronic attitude :o

What was your wife before she had the misfortune to meet you? Obviously not a farmer's daughter. Without farmers, Thailand would be in dire straits.

You seem to imply that your wife gets mistaken as an ex-hooker, but you also state that Thais can tell an ex-hooker a mile off.

Sorry you have such a bad time in Thailand, why don't you do the Los a favour and **** off, I'm sure that Thailand will get on quite well without your patronage.