Thai Govt Plans New Tax To Cut Alcohol Consumption

webfact

The government has planned to increase liquor tax in a bid to better control alcoholic consumption in the country.

:lol: Right, and at the same time the Government announces a Corporate Tax cut, down from 30% to 18%.

Here:

http://www.thaivisa....ate-income-tax/

Next to that Thailand is officially back into recession; so...

Q: what do you do than?

A: cut the taxes for the rich corporations and tax the Thai for his alcohol consumption and the rich will become richer :whistling:

LaoPo

Yes the rich will become richer due to the proposed cut in corporate tax which is also good for the economy generally but note that it is also proposed that the lost revenue will be made up by a rise in VAT which affects every individual and thus the poor become poorer and everyone suffers in order to benefit the large corporations. It certainly does nothing to solve the social gap that exists in Thai society, I suggest that it expands the gap and probably drives more people to drink!

I'm trying to get my head around more Thai logic. Drink induces sex therefore the demand for abortions increases. First response then is to increase the cost of alcohol by way of tax hikes. But what about the abortions? Better put the cost up there too.

After all, costly abortions means people won't get pregant, not getting pregnant means you've not had sex ergo; you didn't have a drink.

So if the cost of condoms was lowered there'd be more protected sex so less drinking. Perhaps if condoms were free then no one would drink at all. But the breweries would lay off the workers. However, the condom industry due to increased demand would require more workers. And the increased supply of condoms would have to be met by demand so people would have to indulge in more sex, which would mean more drinking, unless sex were readily available like the condoms.

The perfect answer then would be free sex, free condoms and a job for life.

I'm surprised the Thais didn't get there sooner.