Non- Immigrant "O" Visa

I have a non-imm "O" multi- entry visa issued by Hull Thai Consulate dated 26/01/2010. I used it to enter Thailand on 26/02/2010 and have visited several countries since each time receiving an admitted until date 90 days from the re-entry date. Last night however I returned from Vietnam via Suvarnabhumi and was only given an admitted until date of the 26/01/2011 as that is the date shown on my visa (must be utilized by date).

Have the rules been changed or did I pick the wrong immigration queue at the airport? If the rules have not changed can I get the date altered. I was hoping to visit another neighbouring country and return prior to 26/01/2011 to obtain a further 90 days before returning to the UK.

Thanks for any replies.

The rules did not change, any time you travel to Thailand during the validity of the visa you are allowed to stay for a maximum of 90 days.

I think the officer simply made a mistake, which you can have correct at Bangkok Immigration. But if you plan to leave and return to Thailand before the visa expires, you could simply just leave it that way. On your return you should get 90 days.