Chiang Rai Drag?

p1p

:o Hope the topic title was not too misleading! I am referring to the 2 cars racing side by side over quarter of a mile. Katoeys may attend, I suppose, but it is not that sort of Drag. :D

Anyway, to the meat/meet of the matter; I hear there are serious Drag Race meetings held at the old airport near the city centre. Does anybody have any dates and/or a contact for the organisers?

Does anybody have any dates and/or a contact for the organisers?

.... Mr. p1p wondered.

And it seems that the answer is 'no'.

I checked at Barry's driving range along the runway. Nobody knew about it.

I inspected the runway on burnt rubber. I didn't find it.

The only races hold there are light motorbike races, I guess once a year.

Sorry, it would have been fun.

Limbo.

• 8 months later...

It took a while to find out, but I can inform you that the last dragraces took place yesterday! :D

Don't worry, there will be more (if sponsors and vendors keep up their support).

The races will be held every first Sunday of the month.

The organization was perfect and the atmosphere great yesterday. The (mainly light) motorbikes did the quarter of a mile in about 17 seconds. To my regrets I had an appointment elsewhere so I missed the cars as they would race after the motorbikes.

Some very impressive vehicles where waiting to perform.

Might see you there next time.

Limbo :o

post-6305-1147055974_thumb.jpg

It took a while to find out, but I can inform you that the last dragraces took place yesterday! :D

Don't worry, there will be more (if sponsors and vendors keep up their support).

The organization was perfect and the atmosphere great yesterday. The (mainly light) motorbikes did the quarter of a mile in about 17 seconds. To my regrets I had an appointment elsewhere so I missed the cars as they would race after the motorbikes.

Some very impressive vehicles where waiting to perform.

Might see you there next time.

Limbo :D

post-6305-1147055974_thumb.jpg

Please allow me to clarify for my friend Dr Limbo: the drag cars will not, indeed, chase, or race, after the little chopped down over-powered bikes. Nor will they run them down, possible or no. No, rather, the car races took place after the bike races, as may well be the regular pattern. The races earlier this year were by a different organizer; yesterday's (Sunday) races were the second by this organizing team (who relocated here from California). :o:D:D:D:D:D:D

• 4 weeks later...

Limbo :D

Evidentily, the sponsors and vendors did not keep up their support. :o

There was another one a week ago yesterday - didn't see the California folk though

Two girls in tight very cut-off jeans and tiny tube tops 'danced' atop a pick-up truck

(at first my wife thought them kateoy, but it wasn't so)

the best part was the guys with their phone cameras! :o:D