Thai Yellow Shirts Rally Against Government

webfact

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few posts saying that it's 'known' the army rules the country, pulls the ropes of the PM, etc., etc. Not much proof given, not really. Just some 'agree'.

I don't think the army rules the country, I don't think the PM has his ropes pulled by the army. Don't ask for proof, this I only think ;)

I agree.

The PM understands the law of balance, old asian art, for farang not easy to digest.

A few posts saying that it's 'known' the army rules the country, pulls the ropes of the PM, etc., etc. Not much proof given, not really. Just some 'agree'.

I don't think the army rules the country, I don't think the PM has his ropes pulled by the army. Don't ask for proof, this I only think ;)

I did notice though that you did neglect to say with certainty that Abhisit is actually running the country. :lol:

Edited by Thai at Heart

I did notice though that you did neglect to say with certainty that Abhisit is actually running the country. :lol:

I would be wrong in saying that. A PM has his cabinet and all of government to do the running for him :D

I would be wrong in saying that. A PM has his cabinet and all of government to do the running for him :D

Fortunately, jogging or running hasn't caught on as a popular pastime in Thailand, and politicians here aren't expected to prove that they are supermen like the West. We are not regaled with stories of addiction to donuts or hamburgers by Presidents as in the West.

On medical (although there may be some reason to encourage it), political and sartorial advice, please no one encourage Suthep to take up jogging. The less we see of him the better and after his wonderful handling of security, I am sure a few up the ladder agree.

The army should probably build him a private in door bunker that he never has to leave. Come to think of it, maybe the army can build the whole cabinet one big large private bunker and the army can declare it permanently a danger to national security so they never leave. Throw in about 50 red shirt leaders to keep them company along with Sondhi and job solved.

Now that would be a weight of Abhisit's shoulders.

Edited by Thai at Heart

No, I don't think the military is "in charge" though I would not argue a stance that they still have too much power. The military (like the reds) is not an entirely cohesive group. That is why Thaksin wanted the Dems out before October, which is why the redshirt rally was timed the way it was.

Afarang brings up a point that should be touched on somewhere. Why was Abhisit staying at 1st Regiment? As a puppet the way Afarang suggests? or was the threat against the civilian government by Sae Daeng's Ronin so credible that there was no other safe option at the time? If Abhisit was toeing the party-line and not suggesting things that actually work against the "elite" and the military, then I would agree with the statements made by some people here. Since, however, he is actually working to get things done and make some changes. I would have to say that overall ... the folks that have bought into the red party-line are the puppets :)

Disregarding the "elite" how is Abhisit suggesting things that work against the military? Deputy PM who was in charge of CRES steps down for a by election, which he wins (by a landslide in case any of you wish to deflect the discussion) and is the readmitted to the cabinet. However ex army Gen. Prawit Wongsuwan takes over as head of CRES (possibly as payback for not kicking up a fuss when his Police Chief brother was sent down south to make way for Abhisits' favourite Police Gen Wichean to organise a reshuffle of the police and subsequently ending up in charge, or possibly the fact that he was a classmate of Gen. Sonthi of coup fame). A new dictact from CRES bans goods sold or owned in the provinces under the SOE that promote "disunity" with penalties of up to 2 years in prison signed by new Army Chief Gen Prayuth " the army will not get involved in politics" Chan-ocha who was given the Army Chief post partly as a reward for his actions in the "crackdown" on the redshirts ( any army officer remotely linked to Thaksin is sidelined and Prayuths privileged friendly officers are brought up the line with him) . PM Abhisit feels this is going too far and may take away constitutional rights from citizens (despite saying that no citizens human rights will be affected under the SOE). He is then told that, no, the order will not be rescinded. The Army budget.............etc

Am I missing something here?

No, I don't think the military is "in charge" though I would not argue a stance that they still have too much power. The military (like the reds) is not an entirely cohesive group. That is why Thaksin wanted the Dems out before October, which is why the redshirt rally was timed the way it was.

Afarang brings up a point that should be touched on somewhere. Why was Abhisit staying at 1st Regiment? As a puppet the way Afarang suggests? or was the threat against the civilian government by Sae Daeng's Ronin so credible that there was no other safe option at the time? If Abhisit was toeing the party-line and not suggesting things that actually work against the "elite" and the military, then I would agree with the statements made by some people here. Since, however, he is actually working to get things done and make some changes. I would have to say that overall ... the folks that have bought into the red party-line are the puppets :)

Disregarding the "elite" how is Abhisit suggesting things that work against the military? Deputy PM who was in charge of CRES steps down for a by election, which he wins (by a landslide in case any of you wish to deflect the discussion) and is the readmitted to the cabinet. However ex army Gen. Prawit Wongsuwan takes over as head of CRES (possibly as payback for not kicking up a fuss when his Police Chief brother was sent down south to make way for Abhisits' favourite Police Gen Wichean to organise a reshuffle of the police and subsequently ending up in charge, or possibly the fact that he was a classmate of Gen. Sonthi of coup fame). A new dictact from CRES bans goods sold or owned in the provinces under the SOE that promote "disunity" with penalties of up to 2 years in prison signed by new Army Chief Gen Prayuth " the army will not get involved in politics" Chan-ocha who was given the Army Chief post partly as a reward for his actions in the "crackdown" on the redshirts ( any army officer remotely linked to Thaksin is sidelined and Prayuths privileged friendly officers are brought up the line with him) . PM Abhisit feels this is going too far and may take away constitutional rights from citizens (despite saying that no citizens human rights will be affected under the SOE). He is then told that, no, the order will not be rescinded. The Army budget.............etc

In answer to your question, Yes. you are :)

I read a few 'possiblies' and 'probablies' and a few absolutes like 'was done, was given, takes over'. You may not have missed something, but I doubt you know all either. This is done and a given and I think probably one of the possibilities with your post unless I missed something ?

I read a few 'possiblies' and 'probablies' and a few absolutes like 'was done, was given, takes over'. You may not have missed something, but I doubt you know all either. This is done and a given and I think probably one of the possibilities with your post unless I missed something ?

OK guys, you're not helping. blink.gif An ex army Gen with dubious friends in charge of CRES. A full on Army General making laws up as he goes along "there will be no demonstrations when the UN are here" " Sell these and you will be jailed" Abhisit complains, he's ignored. Is this OK behaviour in your book?

OK guys, you're not helping. An ex army Gen with dubious friends in charge of CRES. A full on Army General making laws up as he goes along "there will be no demonstrations when the UN are here" " Sell these and you will be jailed" Abhisit complains, he's ignored. Is this OK behaviour in your book?

An army general 'appointed' by the government as head of CRES. A full army general stating he will apply laws as valid under the E.D. which prohibit protests and gatherings of more than five people. Actual gathering of hundreds was still tolerated, by the way. 'don't sell these, you'll be charged'. So far so good, I think.

The part 'Abhisit complains, is ignored' I didn't get though. Please elaborate.

OK guys, you're not helping. An ex army Gen with dubious friends in charge of CRES. A full on Army General making laws up as he goes along "there will be no demonstrations when the UN are here" " Sell these and you will be jailed" Abhisit complains, he's ignored. Is this OK behaviour in your book?

An army general 'appointed' by the government as head of CRES. A full army general stating he will apply laws as valid under the E.D. which prohibit protests and gatherings of more than five people. Actual gathering of hundreds was still tolerated, by the way. 'don't sell these, you'll be charged'. So far so good, I think.

Please see my other post regarding "abhisit flip flop seller"

"PM Abhisit feels this is going too far and may take away constitutional rights from citizens (despite saying that no citizens human rights will be affected under the SOE). He is then told that, no, the order will not be rescinded."

Found the part, nice to read you have personal details probably directly from 'Mark' himself ?

Please see one of my replies where I say something like 'feels, being told', no proof. Possibly and probably some embellishment of the truth which is not stated here, just some opinion.

"PM Abhisit feels this is going too far and may take away constitutional rights from citizens (despite saying that no citizens human rights will be affected under the SOE). He is then told that, no, the order will not be rescinded."

Found the part, nice to read you have personal details probably directly from 'Mark' himself ?

Please see one of my replies where I say something like 'feels, being told', no proof. Possibly and probably some embellishment of the truth which is not stated here, just some opinion.

Yet again see my other post wrt abhisit flip flop seller and sources I am not allowed to post on this forum.

Yet again see my other post wrt abhisit flip flop seller and sources I am not allowed to post on this forum.

You do have a way with words. The 'yet again' actually refers to a single count in a parallel thread. Still the 'yet again' manages to suggest that almost countless times and with angelic patience you have tried to let me see the wrongs of my way. Well done!

Actually fellows this thread is titled

Replying to Thai Yellow Shirts Rally Against Government.

Seems to me the red shirts are getting desperate. They don't care what it is about all they want to do is post there views as handed down to them from Mr. T

Does any one have information on the yellow shirt rally? :(

Actually fellows this thread is titled

Replying to Thai Yellow Shirts Rally Against Government.

Seems to me the red shirts are getting desperate. They don't care what it is about all they want to do is post there views as handed down to them from Mr. T

Does any one have information on the yellow shirt rally? :(

Good news. It seems the yellow and other color shirts went home as promised and will probably return tomorrow. As some others posted, unlikely to have a quorum, lots of talks in parliament and no possible / further action. All happy? All declaring victory? Democracy in action, I love it ;)

Edited by rubl

This story should pretty well put to rest many of the criticisms about the current government :)

the priminister does not run the country. it is the reds and the yellows

nah, those who decide what kind of flip flops are allowed and what not - they rule the country

Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha who was given the Army Chief post partly as a reward for his actions in the "crackdown" on the redshirts

Yes, you forgot to mention that Prayuth was the most senior Army general when he was promoted to Army Chief, as is common in Armies around the world.

A notable exception in Thailand was when Chaisit Shinawatra was made Army Chief by his cousin, Thaksin, by leapfrogging over many other more senior Army generals.

The Govt. told the army what to do?Sorry, you have got it back to front. The army told the Govt, what they intended to do. Why do you think the P.M. ,was holed up in an Army camp for weeks?He was under starters orders. Who is the starter> The army. Nothing gets done here ,without the army's approval

That was my point! the Army pulls the strings - Govnt JUMPS and says 'how high'?

How absurd - everyone knows the Army is in charge Anhisit called for action many, many times and could do nothing until his masters decided to do something for their own reasons.

How absurd - everyone knows the Army is in charge Anhisit called for action many, many times and could do nothing until his masters decided to do something for their own reasons.

I don't know, I know others who don't know. I only know that absurdly some posters here simply state so. For some just to state seems all the proof needed ;)

OK guys, you're not helping. blink.gif An ex army Gen with dubious friends in charge of CRES. A full on Army General making laws up as he goes along "there will be no demonstrations when the UN are here" " Sell these and you will be jailed" Abhisit complains, he's ignored. Is this OK behaviour in your book?

The army is in charge of security. They make the rules that will affect security. The PM has delegated security issues to them, so that he doesn't need to make every little decision.

I don't know, I know others who don't know. I only know that absurdly some posters here simply state so. For some just to state seems all the proof needed ;)

I know you don't know - so go check the facts :jap:

The army is in charge of security. They make the rules that will affect security. The PM has delegated security issues to them, so that he doesn't need to make every little decision.

Oh right... got it now... so the USA President say's 'hey chaps I want to fight a war in Iraq but I have delegated security to you - will it be ok please'? rather than 'I have made an executive decision on behalf of the nation - tell me how to get it done'