Grace Hotel Bought By An Arab

wild1

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o Hiya guys, i just heard that a deal has been finalised and an arab from Qatar has just bought 40% of the grace hotel and a 22% stake in the royal benja hotel.

:D

Are you in love with these guys wild1 ? :D I have nothing against them just dont go bragging about them . Whats your deal with them ?

WELL THEY ARE TAKING OVER AND VERY QUICKLY TOO :D

Makes sense... the Arabs were the best customers of that place anyway.....  :D

totster  :D

I concur Toster, way back when, (95 I think), I walked into the Grace Hotel about 1.30,ish in the morning, alone and intoxicated.

I had heard that long time ago the Grace was the place to go in the wee hours but that it had been taken over by Arabs and Farangs no longer frequented the place.

Never being one to be told where I can and cannot go, (especially when inebriated), I wander in all nonchalant like.

The place was really crowded, as I remember, with all Arab men and Thai girls.

I walked thru’ the place as though I was looking for someone and got a lot of “what the <deleted> are you doing here” looks, which I countered with my best, “who the <deleted> are you looking at” look.

Needless to say, I would never have done this if I was sober and often wonder how I got away with the way I walked around as if I owned the place.

“He who dares wins”, is not just a motto methinks.

:o

I walked into the Grace Hotel about 1.30,ish in the morning, alone and intoxicated.

That's when most farangs went there anyway... looking for a late beer, normally with a "friend" or two in tow.. :D

totster :D

Wasn't it there that the farangs went to find their new friends? :o ?

Not speaking from personal experience, of course............. :D

The "korfee Chop" in the basement of the Grace was always on the cards as one of the must see,must go ,must try seedy pick up places on a par with the old Therme and even now i believe that it still has a deal whereby its as said coffee shop still manages to stay open all night.....but dont all rush.

Over the years however it has gradually become "Arabified" and on last looksee visit I was probabally the only non A in the joint.

Its OK for a beer or wahid-wahid but to my mind its a shade of former self and now even more grotty than ever.

If anyone decides to check out you may also notice that most of les femmes are of the larger proportions and sensible age and also quite ...forthright......horses for...etc.

All part of the tapestry that makes up fun city :o

Did they buy Bumrungrad too?

I was in there yesterday and it seems the Arabs make up more than 50% of the customers these days.

Yes, one would think so. :o

I wish they would send all the arabs to Pattaya.

The girls there don't seem too fussy about the clientele they get :D

I was in there yesterday and it seems the Arabs make up more than 50% of the customers these days.

One reason for me not to go to Bumrungrad. Nothing against but they talk too loud

while walking up and down in the hospital.

Sukh. Soi 5 seems to have been taken over by these undistinguishable ladies in black night gowns, from head to toe. :o

Went there years ago with a friend who fancied Russian gals, seems the Grace would contract them in, as well as other nationalities, ...

What a freakin Casablanca "B" movie ... actually I recall having a good time there, but if you ever seen the Cobra drink, I better have a good time or else .... :o:D

:o Hiya guys, i just heard that a deal has been finalised and an arab from Qatar has just bought 40% of the grace hotel and a 22% stake in the royal benja hotel.

:D

Are you in love with these guys wild1 ? :D I have nothing against them just dont go bragging about them . Whats your deal with them ?

WELL THEY ARE TAKING OVER AND VERY QUICKLY TOO :D

I don't think so some how :D

wouldn't it be great if we could all live together. and not hate one another.

the way I look at it. this arab person who is buying part of the grace hotel is bringing good money into thailand.

besides, he seems like a smart person to me.

..when the oil runs out someday, he'll have diversified into other countries.

Yes, one would think so. :D

Yeah, and we farangs always take the cream of the crop of sukhumvit don't we. :D

I can just see the Thais, Korean and Japanese saying the exact same thing about us.

One reason for me not to go to Bumrungrad. Nothing against but they talk too loud

Sukh. Soi 5 seems to have been taken over by these undistinguishable ladies in black night gowns, from head to toe. :o

So why does that make you annoyed? Have the Arab women taken over your farang area? :D

Live and let live guys, this is not your country either. Sorry, but comments like these are getting too close to racist for my liking.

intergration of other cultures into another country never goes smoothly.

in england we see indians, pakistani, arab, they are welcomed by the government and encouraged to intergrate but very rarely do, they set up a community and take over the area and a lot of these areas become no go areas for british people,

i have noticed the area around the grace becoming mainly arab and in time i think that foreign nationals will feel uncomfortable going there. it is on a par with the japanese areas of patpong, westerners are definately not welcomed warmly.

now you must ask who are the real racists, westerners intergrate all over the world but i have not seen a predominately english area or french area or american area have you ? :o

intergration of other cultures into another country never goes smoothly.

in england we see indians, pakistani, arab, they are welcomed by the government and encouraged to intergrate but very rarely do, they set up a community and take over the area and a lot of these areas become no go areas for british people,

i have noticed the area around the grace becoming mainly arab and in time i think that foreign nationals will feel uncomfortable going there. it is on a par with the japanese areas of patpong, westerners are definately not welcomed warmly.

now you must ask who are the real racists, westerners intergrate all over the world but i have not seen a predominately english area or french area or american area have you ? :D

Across the pond, in Vancouver at least, that's part of what makes it a fantastic city- all the ethnic food areas and little India, Chinatown, Japanese, Italian, etc etc. I LOVE it!

Between soi 3 and 5 here, the little arabia section can be a bit off-putting because of the lack of smiling faces, scowls etc but the food is absolute top nosh. If you haven't been, highly recommended :o

Yes, one would think so. :D

Yeah, and we farangs always take the cream of the crop of sukhumvit don't we. :D

I can just see the Thais, Korean and Japanese saying the exact same thing about us.

So why does that make you annoyed? Have the Arab women taken over your farang area? :D

Live and let live guys, this is not your country either. Sorry, but comments like these are getting too close to racist for my liking.

Alright, two replies:

When patients sitting and waiting for their turn with the MD, they might be in pain or at least uncomfortable. In conditions like this, at least I can live without the additional noise. Seems to me a hospitable is not the place for these kind of communication.

Have a look at Foodland. Everybody nicely waiting for their turn at cashiers, until

some of the 'ladies' jump the queue and cannot understand why people don't like it.

Not really rascism, just my observation. Solution, of course easy, I do not go to Bumrungrad, anymore. Villa market is an alternative, as well.

yeap, Axel, absolutely right.

It's not so much they are arabs that disturbs me, it's their "annoying" habits:

- Women dressed in Black, cover their face like they are in Saudi Arabia. They make everything possible to be distinctive, not to merge with the rest of the crowd. Lack of discretion in their dressing code.

- Speak loudly (not always) and lack of discretion when they do

- Oversized women, take the entire sidewalk when walking down and shopping on Sukhvmit . Those oversized women should learn how to give the right of way to skinny Thais and farangs like myself. Not good above all when you are late to the bars and you have to walk all the way from Cowboy to Nana in less than 15 min :o

They are worse than the American whales that we see from time to time

- Men taking a shower using their after shave. Again lack of discretion.

They seem to be everywhere these days. Not sure why. I am not even sure I am in Bangkok when I see all those black drapes.

Other than that, very nice people and I hope they enjoy Thailand as much as we do :D

Edited by Butterfly

"Women dressed in Black, cover their face like they are in Saudi Arabia."

The perfect outfit for walking around Bangkok. I'll bet it smells good in there :o

They give me the creeps, remind me of the Catholic Nuns I knew as a kid.

Lets be glad the guys don't do it too.

Edited by The Skipper

Shithole anyway.,,and the clientele well.....

Good luck to them,its their clientele.

Went there years ago with a friend who fancied Russian gals, seems the Grace would contract them in,  as well as other nationalities, ...

What a freakin Casablanca "B" movie ...  actually I recall having a good time there, but if you ever seen the Cobra drink, I better have a good time or else .... :o  :D

A hotel in Sukhumvit taken over by an Arab, good for him and so his community. Never been inside this hotel, but been numerous times to consume sheesha and Kebab at around soi 3/1. Great food although frequenters mostly Arabs-non-stop-starting-at-you kind style place.

i really think all u guys are real Paranoid, let me just say which ever way u'all look at it these guys r really cool , just say u're not American and their all :D

u know i never could understand what threir problem is with americans though,

at least i did sum this up..that most of these guys are really into partying in and around thailand ...from indonesia to china and from havana to brazil.....

a lot of money is involved and it doesn't bother me 1bit....all i really care about right now is Thailand and i bet Mr. Toxin is getting a lump sum to shut him up....

:o

Let me tell you 'bout Ahab....the Ayyyrab...a shiek of the burning sands,

He had emeralds and rubys just a dripping off of him and a ring on every finger of his hand.

He had a big ol' turbin wrapped around his head and a scimitar by his side,

And every evening....'round midnight...he'd hop on his camel named Clyde....and ride....to the tent of Fatima........

Edited by chownah