Grace Hotel Bought By An Arab

wild1

Did they buy Bumrungrad too?

I was in there yesterday and it seems the Arabs make up more than 50% of the customers these days.

A lot of people are travelling to Thailand for cheap/fast/good medical care now - most of the big name hospitals in Bangkok have 'international medical centers' with medical staff catering to Arabs, Indians and Japanese...and Farangs.

It's another 'hub' thing, I think. Anyway they are promoting it like crazy, so I assume they make a ton of money out of it.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. I was once stopped by a guy from Qatar who was asking me for help on how to make an International call from a public phone. We spoke a lil while and he was saying he had come to TH for good, affordable hi-tech medical care.

I am surprised that the Grace wasn't owned by an Arab before. I know that the Grace was an Arab hang-out ever since I arrived in the Kingdom (1981).

Whenever I'm in BKK, I always make a point of stopping in Soi 3/1 for some good middle-eastern tucker. I have never had problems there and the owners of the restaurants have always been helpful and friendly.

Have travelled to many Arab countries and have met good and bad people in each. They can be very hospitable people (the Koran tells them that they have to be). The good seem to be very good, and, the bad seem to be very bad.

The only country where every single person I met was a complete c*nt was Morocco. I'm sure there's a good hearted Moroccan out there somewhere, but I have yet to meet them.

Edited by Sir Burr

intergration of other cultures into another country never goes smoothly.

in england we see indians, pakistani, arab, they are welcomed by the government and encouraged to intergrate but very rarely do, they set up a community and take over the area and a lot of these areas become no go areas for british people,

i have noticed the area around the grace becoming mainly arab and in time i think that foreign nationals will feel uncomfortable going there. it is on a par with the japanese areas of patpong, westerners are definately not welcomed warmly.

now you must ask who are the real racists, westerners intergrate all over the world but i have not seen a predominately english area or french area or american area have you ? :o

quebec, americans put up huge bases all over the world, costa del sol, italians congregate in certain towns in tanzania. thats all im aware of offhand. and lets not forget SA not too long ago which was a no go area for any one of colour, quite a big white area with no integration right? :D

the real rasists are the ones who like to cry about the 'poor down trodden white man. IMO

Very true about having china town and parts of london very asian, but you are very welcome in many parts of it, its just your rasism that makes you fell unwelcome.

there is quite alot ofintegration among the non muslims, its not quite like how you make it out to be.

you make a have a small point whites are not the only rasists, but so what...not exactly new news.

im trying to avoid calling you names..

Different cultures make Bangkok interesting. Especially around Soi 1-7 we have

a perfect mix which is fine with me and in fact I like it.

Butterfly though said it:

It's not so much they are arabs that disturbs me, it's their "annoying" habits:
Post # 24 Believe this is as well annoying to many Thais, or so my friends told me.

As for wearing the Burkha, well not really necessary IMO.

You rarely see any others wearing their national outfit in Bangkok. Or did you see recently any Scot walking in kilt, or a Texan with wide hat, boots, spoors and revolver? Even the Bavarians don't come in short leather pants.

Yeah the good ole days. :D We could go in the basement and party away aftermost other places closed. Now that look and the feeling of being unwanted. :o

Doesn't really matter, I will not be there again. I will just keep the memories of the last visit. :D

It was fun and now its done. :D

I was in there yesterday and it seems the Arabs make up more than 50% of the customers these days.

I was in Bumrungrad on Saturday and was wondering the same thing. On the 9th floor, where they do physicals, I would have put the estimate at closer to 65-70%.

I assume that the now it's been bought by an Arab the bar and room service will stop selling alcohol.

The Grace Hotel has been famous for a long time for two things.

The coffee shop which was always full of Arabs and very rough looking women at 3 am.

The hotel which was always catching fire because of Arabs making barbecue's in their rooms.

WELL THEY ARE TAKING OVER AND VERY QUICKLY TOO :o

[/quote Davethailand]

I don't think so some how :D

I agree, with Dave. What rubbish. Everything changes whether good, bad or equivalent. Get over it, go somewhere else or join them. Lots of places in Patpong

and Nana don't give Arabs a friendly welcome. Everybody needs a welcoming place to go. The Japanese have there own place where they don't want honkies coming. Keep an open heart, a good sense of humour and you should be welcome anywhere. If they (the Sepos, Japs, Heebs, Arabs, Brits, or whoever) don't want me because of what I look like, then I don't need them. I'll just flow like a stream to where I fit in.

Edited by mbkudu

WELL THEY ARE TAKING OVER AND VERY QUICKLY TOO :o

[/quote Davethailand]

I don't think so some how :D

I agree, with Dave. What rubbish. Everything changes whether good, bad or equivalent. Get over it, go somewhere else or join them. Lots of places in Patpong

and Nana don't give Arabs a friendly welcome. Everybody needs a welcoming place to go. The Japanese have there own place where they don't want honkies coming. Keep an open heart, a good sense of humour and you should be welcome anywhere. If they (the Sepos, Japs, Heebs, Arabs, Brits, or whoever)  don't want me because of what I look like, then I don't need them. I'll just flow like a stream to where I fit in.

you mean you'll pee your pants?

and Nana don't give Arabs a friendly welcome. Everybody needs a welcoming place to go. The Japanese have there own place where they don't want honkies coming. Keep an open heart, a good sense of humour and you should be welcome anywhere. If they (the Sepos, Japs, Heebs, Arabs, Brits, or whoever)  don't want me because of what I look like, then I don't need them. I'll just flow like a stream to where I fit in.

you mean you'll pee your pants?

That was beneath you Chownah.

True. I was once stopped by a guy from Qatar who was asking me for help on how to make an International call from a public phone. We spoke a lil while and he was saying he had come to TH for good, affordable hi-tech medical care.

Haha is "good affordable high tech medical care" the latest codeword for prostitution?

in england we see indians, pakistani, arab, they are welcomed by the government and encouraged to intergrate but very rarely do, they set up a community and take over the area and a lot of these areas become no go areas for british people,

i have noticed the area around the grace becoming mainly arab and in time i think that foreign nationals will feel uncomfortable going there. it is on a par with the japanese areas of patpong, westerners are definately not welcomed warmly.

now you must ask who are the real racists, westerners intergrate all over the world but i have not seen a predominately english area or french area or american area have you ? :o

quebec, americans put up huge bases all over the world, costa del sol, italians congregate in certain towns in tanzania. thats all im aware of offhand. and lets not forget SA not too long ago which was a no go area for any one of colour, quite a big white area with no integration right? :D

the real rasists are the ones who like to cry about the 'poor down trodden white man. IMO

Very true about having china town and parts of london very asian, but you are very welcome in many parts of it, its just your rasism that makes you fell unwelcome.

there is quite alot ofintegration among the non muslims, its not quite like how you make it out to be.

you make a have a small point whites are not the only rasists, but so what...not exactly new news.

i call it as i see it, i am definately not racist, and i am not looking for an argument unlike yourself.

if you want to express yourself i am sure you have had some kind of education, if so show it.

as for your comment about being welcome in many parts of ethnic areas in london it should be ALL parts

so u exclude minorities from being british and dont call urself a racist  :o

now you must ask who are the real racists, westerners intergrate all over the world but i have not seen a predominately english area or french area or american area have you ? :D

this is just stupid. get urself an education.

i call it as i see it, i am definately not racist, and i am not looking for an argument unlike yourself.

if you want to express yourself i am sure you have had some kind of education, if so show it.

wake up. u are looking for an argument. why insult me why not demonstrate what i have said is wrong. i didnt call u names. read it again.

as for your comment about being welcome in many parts of ethnic areas in london it should be ALL parts

ur point being. how safe is it for everyone everywhere. can u walk in every part of every city, i dont recommend u walk thru crime ridden areas white or black.

all u do is twist and distort reality and make snide remarks then pretend they dont mean what they imply. u just preying on people's fear and insecurities nothing u say will help anyone or anything. u just promote mistrust and bigotry.

so u exclude minorities from being british and dont call urself a racist  :o

now you must ask who are the real racists, westerners intergrate all over the world but i have not seen a predominately english area or french area or american area have you ? :D

this is just stupid. get urself an education.

wake up. u are looking for an argument. why insult me why not demonstrate what i have said is wrong. i didnt call u names. read it again.

ur point being.... how safe is it for everyone to go everywhere. can u walk in every part of every city? i dont recommend u walk thru crime ridden areas white or black.

all u do is twist and distort reality and make snide remarks then pretend they dont mean what they imply. u just prey on people's fear and insecurities nothing u say will help anyone or anything. u just promote mistrust and bigotry.

u said something i found stupid and could not believe u try to imply that europeans are not 'real racists'. have u read some of the crap on this board?btw just the fact u seperate europeans from other races and make such a remark is racist in itself. all u had to do was not reply. u had made ur point in made mine. the whole thing was over.

if u want a argument bring it on otherwise i dont really give a sh*t

Edited by longway

Yes, one would think so. :o

I wish they would send all the arabs to Pattaya.

The girls there don't seem too fussy about the clientele they get :D

Your wish is NOT granted, find another solution.

DRE

Longway, opothai, if you want to flame back and forth please exchange emails. Considering this topic had the potential to bring out some real nastiness in people, all posters have dealt with it quite maturely. You two however are the exceptions. Calm down.

cv

:D  :D  :D

:o I think u r an out right bastard & should just shut the ###### up, u racist piece of scum...u're likes should stick to your own and not get involved with what u can't handle, :D

how-ever u look at it, i still say u r a piece of shit and all your likes , u're family should be mighty proud that u go to thailand and get the ###### out of their faces u idiot....... :D

:o I think u r an out right bastard & should just shut the ###### up, u racist piece of scum...u're likes should stick to your own and not get involved with what u can't handle, :D

how-ever u look at it, i still say u r a piece of shit and all your likes , u're family should be mighty proud that u go to thailand and get the ###### out of their faces u idiot....... :D

I think opthai has made some valid points :D

Not like you wild1, its clear that you are talking nonsense as you have on another board by posting the same crap.

If you love arabs so much then great, good luck to you, but I for one don't give a monkeys and I can't see what point you are trying to make :D

:D

:D I think u r an out right bastard & should just shut the ###### up, u racist piece of scum...u're likes should stick to your own and not get involved with what u can't handle, :D

I think opthai has made some valid points :D

Not like you wild1, its clear that you are talking nonsense as you have on another board by posting the same crap.

If you love arabs so much then great, good luck to you, but I for one don't give a monkeys and I can't see what point you are trying to make :D

[/quo

i'd just like to make a point that all u ppl are missing, we are not here to judge ppl for what/who they are we only try to make it a better place for all of us, it's SAD, SAD and real SAD to see so many ppl ignorant...u see i for one am sure that all and i Do mean all of u do not even know what u r talking about...

we do step over the line once or twice, we have far worse ppl in our own countries and although we shout obscenities at these ppl,we never think of our own ....

Stop judging guys.... and try to live it out....just try it and if not ....who cares , :o just look the other way....What's new

Ignorance was always a bliss & No I AM NOT AN ARAB....