Does Anyone Know About Xunlei Thunder Bit Torrent Client?

Jezz

Does anyone use this as a bit torrent client, or have any working knowledge of it? It's supposed to overcome ISP's blocking torrents.

Xunlei Thunder 5.8.13.699.

I've copied the following information from the web.

Xunlei or Thunder is a little known Chinese download manager (though its insanely popular in China). Besides being the fastest http download manager I have come across Xunlei also handles torrent download. It fakes the torrent headers and disguises torrent downloads as http downloads. It downloads using standard http ports so Xunlei should work even if your administrator has implemented port blocking.

As it turns out, Xunlei Thunder is supposed to be the most popular torrent client in the world.

The default installer of Xunlei Thunder is riddled with all sorts of crapware in addition to being an adware. However, a modified English version provided by HeHeHunter doesn't include any, or advertisements. In fact you don't even need to install it since the modded version of Xunlei is available as a portable utility.

(10.42 MB)

License: Free

Version Reviewed: 5.8.13.699

Edited by Jezz

My ISP doesnt seem to throttle..

But I thought if you simply encrypted torrent traffic, and changed to a non standard torrent port, the ISP couldnt tell it was torrent traffic ??

I've done the encryption thing, and changed ports, to no avail. I use uTorrent, which I like very much, but I had to change my ISP due to location, and there aren't any choices here. I 'm just curious to find out if this Thunder client is any good as an alternative.

You sure it wasnt a case of your home setup not having open ports ???

You had tested inbound ports via uTorrent ??

As I say I dont have a blocked ISP so find it hard to debugg or understand, I kind of thought if encrypted and on a different port its sort of impossible to know its torrent traffic ???

You sure it wasnt a case of your home setup not having open ports ???

You had tested inbound ports via uTorrent ??

As I say I dont have a blocked ISP so find it hard to debugg or understand, I kind of thought if encrypted and on a different port its sort of impossible to know its torrent traffic ???

It seems ISP's in general have ways and means of identifying torrents, despite all the aforementioned procedures. My port is open, and I can down and upload via uTorrent, but very slow downloading. My computer speeds are fine too - it's just torrent speed being restricted.This is the only reason I'm curious to see if anyone has or is using this Thunder client successfully. I feel disinclined to download it until I have some feedback regarding safety etc. Edited by Jezz