Phuket Police Seeking ‘White Guy’ Sneak Thief

webfact

Phuket police seeking ‘white guy’ sneak thief

PHUKET: -- Police believe a Caucasian man carried out a burglary in Kamala around midnight Tuesday, while the Canadian homeowner and his wife were asleep in their bedroom.

The Canadian, who asked to remain anonymous, said he discovered something was wrong only when he could not find his laptop computers around 9am the next day.

In all, about US$ 5,000 dollars in electronic items were missing from his home on Kamala Soi 7, he said.

CCTV footage taken from inside the estate shows a man climbing over a wall and entering an unlocked building on the Canadian’s property.

The suspect then came out and made his way to the front of the main home, where the Canadian and his wife were sleeping, before returning to the unlocked building where he found a set of keys.

The man then calmly returned to the home and let himself in.

The CCTV footage then shows the man exiting the house and climbing back over the wall.

Sgt Peerapot Chuaybumrung of Kathu Police said the thief’s face was covered with clothing, indicating that he was aware of the security cameras.

“The burglar may be someone familiar to [the Canadian], because his two dogs didn’t bark at all. The suspect also knew his way around very well,” Sgt Peerapot said.

“A tuk-tuk driver who lives near the estate said he saw a farang driving a white Honda Jazz in the area around midnight to 1am, but couldn’t remember the license plate number,” he said.

The Canadian man told the Gazette that other neighbors saw a white Honda Jazz parked for hours in a suspicious location near the estate’s perimeter wall on the night of the robbery.

They then saw a “white man” exit the car and walk along the property at about midnight, he said.

The neighbors recognized the man, as they had seen him repeatedly driving around the area on a motorbike earlier this month, he added.

“The only information we have now is very general, about a white Honda Jazz, we need more specific details. We are further investigating this case,” Sgt Peerapot said.

He urged anyone with any information regarding this case to call Kathu Police at 076-342719-20.

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2010-11-27

"other neighbors saw a white Honda Jazz parked for hours in a suspicious location near the estate’s perimeter wall on the night of the robbery."

"They then saw a “white man” exit the car and walk along the property at about midnight,"

Great f*kin' neighbors!

I wonder if they helped him over the wall, and then load the stuff in his car?

He was "white"? Well, there is white and then there is white in Thailand. Maybe it is someone with a vitamin deficiency? In the eyes of the Thai, all farangs look the same. :D Was it a local with lots of whitening creme? Or was it a ghost? There are ghosts about I am told. Or maybe it was just a hi so that needed to top up his gambling pot? Or maybe it's one of those Pattaya farangs. I have it on good authority (my friend heard it from a friend at university last week who heard from his cousin that had read it on the internet) that many Pattaya expats are experiencing financial woes and have taken to criminal behaviour. That's what the demon rum does to some!!!

Why oh why do we get silly descriptions like this. Do they ever write, it was a dark complexioned man, so it had to be a Thai. Methinks not.

Edited by geriatrickid

There is one certain thing. No thais saw a white jazz and definitely no thai saw someone walking in on the propriety especially at midnight where most of them are either sleeping or drunk. It's just to be cool and interesting. Like a game of telephone where the guy nobody cares about changes the words on purpose just to get attention.

Sad thing though.. thats why i dont want to know any low paid expats in thailand, lots of them will be envious and steal.. If they were any clever they wouldn't be on a bad job, so they are definitely dumb enough to get into steal mode

There is one certain thing. No thais saw a white jazz and definitely no thai saw someone walking in on the propriety especially at midnight where most of them are either sleeping or drunk. It's just to be cool and interesting. Like a game of telephone where the guy nobody cares about changes the words on purpose just to get attention.

Sad thing though.. thats why i dont want to know any low paid expats in thailand, lots of them will be envious and steal.. If they were any clever they wouldn't be on a bad job, so they are definitely dumb enough to get into steal mode

It has to be a very, very low percentage of farangs in Phuket that would stoop so low, don't you think?

I mean, compared to other parts of Thailand, Phuket is not cheap, if you had a low paying job wouldn't you do that in a lower cost scenario?.

If you look at the Bangkok Forum, there you see threads about farangs down and out living on the streets, committing suicide cuz it's gotten so bad, etc. I could see those guys getting desperate, but desperate in Phuket?

Just my opinion, cheers, GOM