Were Is The Best Place To Adventise...

Peter_Patong

Very funny, Tots, but not all secretaries are airheaded bimbos you know. :o The secretary to the CEO at my company is highly educated, smart, and as respected as (and by) the top management. :D

Peter, I'd recommend:

Websites - www.jobsd.co.th. Most Thais I know use this site for their job searches. Other sites are nationejobs.com , jobbees.com , jobtopgun.com , jobpub.com.

Newspapers - The Nation. It and its Thai sister, Krungthep Turakij, have identical classified pages, so you'll get exposure to two groups of readers, both likely to be educated, English-speaking candidates. I also think job seekers prefer the Nation group's classifieds over the Bangkok Post's (and Post Today, its Thai publication), as it contains more recruit ads.

Dunno about the fees for any of these though. :D

P.S. For technician crowd, perhaps you could try the jobs section of pantip.com. It's all in Thai though, so if you can't read/write Thai you might have someone else post for you.

I used jobsdb.co.th a while back. Cost was 4500 baht (the others are inline with this fee). I was looking for key acct regional sales reps for Phuket and Pattaya (or sales 'executives' as they like to say in Thailand...??)

I had asked specifically for them to send a 1 page letter, providing an overview of their work experience and a brief explanation of why they felt they'd be effective in the role. Further I stated in BOLD do not send any cv's/resume's over 500kb's (thinking that would be the extreme;)

What I received was over 200 replies in rather short order, all for Bangkok (even tho I specifically stated Phuket and Pattaya ! :o ) My mail was so bogged down with mega bytes of photo's and various attachments (you wouldn't believe some of the photos;) :D and whopping cv's which if printed would cause severe deforestation...

I'd like to do away with the contemporary cv format worldwide altogether. It's way out of hand. Just one page is neccesary to start (no photo neccesary either) stating a brief employment/academic overview and why you feel you'd be great for the job, period.

IMHO, the 21st century cv/resume writing exercise has grown into an "artform" of meaningless jargon and I pity employers wading through the MB's of self "styling" applicants :D

Substance wins the job over style imho and creative/commercial intelligence is evident even on a single page CV :D

I used jobsdb.co.th a while back. Cost was 4500 baht (the others are inline with this fee). I was looking for key acct regional sales reps for Phuket and Pattaya (or sales 'executives' as they like to say in Thailand...??)

I had asked specifically for them to send a 1 page letter, providing an overview of their work experience and a brief explanation of why they felt they'd be effective in the role. Further I stated in BOLD do not send any cv's/resume's over 500kb's (thinking that would be the extreme;)

What I received was over 200 replies in rather short order, all for Bangkok (even tho I specifically stated Phuket and Pattaya ! :o )  My mail was so bogged down with mega bytes of photo's and various attachments (you wouldn't believe some of the photos;)  :D and whopping cv's which if printed would cause severe deforestation...

I'd like to do away with the contemporary cv format worldwide altogether. It's way out of hand. Just one page is neccesary to start (no photo neccesary either) stating a brief employment/academic overview and why you feel you'd be great for the job, period.

IMHO, the 21st century cv/resume writing exercise has grown into an "artform" of meaningless jargon and I pity employers wading through the MB's of self "styling" applicants :D

Substance wins the job over style imho and creative/commercial intelligence is evident even on a single page CV  :D

:D

Pretty funny experience. I recruit from people I know only, recommendations by someone I know. It's always better.

Edited by Butterfly