What Is Happening On The Property Market?

Using Google or a similar search engine it's not very difficult to find property agents who operate in the Hua/Cha Am area. But getting in contact with them is turning out to be a real challenge. Over a period of 2 months I have registered with several of them. I have declared that I am in the market. Not ONE SINGLE agent has replied my inquiries. With a few of them I have made repeated requests – without success.

I was wondering how it is possible that these people can turn down business like this, and I came to wonder if they have simply given up? The way these amateurs are behaving I see an opportunity to grab the entire market for property sales in Hua Hin.

Is the market really this bad?

I know Hua Hin for a long time, it have changed a lot, I do have many friends who live in Hua Hin and are very happy there , a very few bad things have happen there , but you can not say that it is dangerous to live there.

You still have the possibillity to live in Cha-am, close by, much more relaxt, and cheaper

I know Hua Hin for a long time, it have changed a lot, I do have many friends who live in Hua Hin and are very happy there , a very few bad things have happen there , but you can not say that it is dangerous to live there.

You still have the possibillity to live in Cha-am, close by, much more relaxt, and cheaper

Why is it cheaper?

LaoPo

Why is it cheaper?

LaoPo

Cha-am is for sure cheaper to live, housing, food, drink, everything

Cha-am is most definitely a place of interest. In fact, Cha-am is my preference; the problem is I can’t get hold of any property agents. It's incredibly difficult.

Cha-am is most definitely a place of interest. In fact, Cha-am is my preference; the problem is I can't get hold of any property agents. It's incredibly difficult.

pm me

Cha-am is most definitely a place of interest. In fact, Cha-am is my preference; the problem is I can't get hold of any property agents. It's incredibly difficult.

pm me

PM me too if you have any info; no apartments though.

LaoPo

You cannot do everything online. You have to make these contacts physically.

Take the train from Bangkok to Hua Hin and check it out .

There is a complete disconnect between the results you will get trying to do this online and the results you will get walking up to the door.

It's the same thing in UK.

I contacted 6 estate agents about particular properties and only 1 replied.

Business must be so good they don't need any more inquiries.

I agree with your observations. I contacted several agents in Spain but one replied.

When I told him that the prices they (clients) ask are absurd and not market conform I got a nonsense answer.

When I told him that there are 1, 5 (!) MILLION houses for sale in Spain PLUS the not-yet listed (because it doesn't make sense at all to list since there are NO buyers) he shrugged his shoulders.

The point is that there is no fighting spirit anymore; people/salesmen who are fighting to make a living.

People/salesmen who have the attitude to sell, be successful, friendly with their clients...where are they?

All those real estate agents (I'm an investor in real estate), worldwide, are lazy b@stards who made so much money in the past golden years that they forgot how to do real business and sell again.

Especially in a difficult market where buyers are kings it should be of the utmost importance to treat your clients well....but NO such thing....<_<

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

^I think the estate agents regard the SELLER as their customer and try to get a higher price for them as this will also get the agent a higher commission payment.

All it seems to do though is keep properties on the market for a long time at an unrealistinc price and they eventually have to knock the price down in the region of GBP 20k to get a sale.

^I think the estate agents regard the SELLER as their customer and try to get a higher price for them as this will also get the agent a higher commission payment.

All it seems to do though is keep properties on the market for a long time at an unrealistinc price and they eventually have to knock the price down in the region of GBP 20k to get a sale.

Of course, but they forget that keeping the prices up results in a dead market with buyers who are not willing to buy at absurd prices since the market forced prices up since around 15-20 years, worldwide, but have to come back now to realistic prices.

Yet, house owners are still dreaming about the highest paid prices.................but...............no more.

They will find out the hard way because houses need maintenance, cleaning, painting and care.

Houses, on the market for 1, 2 years or more will eventual fall to pieces....and bargain prices.

LaoPo

If you are in Thailand, why don't you just try calling them on the phone.

Whilst there's an abundance of real estate agents in HH, there doesn't appear to be many in Cha-am. I noticed one in Cha-am on Petchkasem Rd near the main intersection (baan thai property) who apparently speak English.

^that's what I heard in the UK too, it's difficult to sell because people cannot get mortgages from the bank.

It's all over the world, not just in the US or UK; mainland Europe also.

Cash is KING...

LaoPo

" 2 months..repeated requests".....anyone seriously considerng buying would visit Hua Hin or Cha am for viewings...or at least PHONE the agents.......most agents just cant be bothered with dreamers and timewasters that send emails requesting "more pics and details"....get down there and am sure you will find very helpful agents to show you many properties of your dreams and help you complete your purchase...of course that is if you are in a position to and really want to purchase.

Really? Here on Phuket one particularly large and well established Real Estate Agent always referred to any potential BUYER as 'my customer'?!

They were just as useless as all the rest, bar two who actually got off their backsides and actively promoted the properties here.

The simple fact is, no matter what anyone tells you, the market is dead and will quite possibly remain so for at least another 5 years :-D

The simple fact is, no matter what anyone tells you, the market is dead and will quite possibly remain so for at least another 5 years :-D

What is causing this death? The 'sticky' price phenomenon?

There is no death in Cha am, its just the OP is a timewaster...if he was genuinely looking, why hasnt he even bothered to phone any agents or go to Cha am rather than registering on a website.

What is causing this death? The 'sticky' price phenomenon?

No. I keep hearing this. I also keep hearing 'yes, but the baht so much stronger against Western currencies, so you're not making a loss and should fall into line' crap. What if you don't want to leave Thailand just relocate? What? You going to sell your island home and buy a parcel of nothing up Issan way?

Fact is the Taksin/Surayud (2 faced bstrd Khao Yai anyone?), clamping down on nominees scared people off and given the circus that is Thai politics, aren't going to come back for a very long time. Mix that in with an inevitably no too far off change at the Head, and just sit tight and be grateful for what you have.

Call them. If possible, make a day trip to visit some of the places...you may even be able to make a viewing appt by calling. I've had little success using email over the years when it comes to viewing/buying real estate, even when buying our Bangkok home a few years ago. We bought a very nice home in western Bangkok, but the sales staff had very little English speaking capability...without the face-to-face visit and telephone calls of my Thai wife, we wouldn't have made nearly as much progress in house hunting. English reading/writing/speaking capability among the sales staff is probably an issue with many moobaan developments. Or, maybe the seller/developer just feels that if a person is really interested/a potential buyer they will call and/or come visit. Just never had much luck with email or the developer's web site request form regarding real estate in Thailand.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with your observations. I contacted several agents in Spain but one replied.

When I told him that the prices they (clients) ask are absurd and not market conform I got a nonsense answer.

When I told him that there are 1, 5 (!) MILLION houses for sale in Spain PLUS the not-yet listed (because it doesn't make sense at all to list since there are NO buyers) he shrugged his shoulders.

The point is that there is no fighting spirit anymore; people/salesmen who are fighting to make a living.

People/salesmen who have the attitude to sell, be successful, friendly with their clients...where are they?

All those real estate agents (I'm an investor in real estate), worldwide, are lazy b@stards who made so much money in the past golden years that they forgot how to do real business and sell again.

Especially in a difficult market where buyers are kings it should be of the utmost importance to treat your clients well....but NO such thing....<_<

LaoPo

You already have the answer there...so what's the problem?