Farang And Issan

chrispetchabun

I have never been to Isaan, but I have met several girls from there. I tend to agree with this post. IMO any girl that has ever been exposed to working in the sex trade, which is what working in a bar in Pattaya or Patong is, will be most likely be damaged goods like those who use their services. I am quite sure that there are beautiful, nice girls in Isaan. I just haven't met one yet!

Those "experts" may be surprised at the number of Thai husbands who are wife beaters /bashers , alcoholice, gamblers , wouldn'work in an iron lung. So, when a girl gets a Farang, in fact her status in society rises enormously..Contrary to popular belief, the vast majority of these relationships, work out.

And who do the victims of these "Thai husbands" turn to when the farang is away ? They go back to what they're used. Please don't tell me I'm wrong as I too live in a village. And yes the ex bargirls status does rise when she "gets" a farang. Not because shes a better person, but because she now has access to money. A great reason to get friendly and bite the bullet.

Yes these relationship may "work out" in the eyes of a farang, but in truth it's not a love "relationship" It's a job. She being 30ish year old and him being 50+ really speaks for itself. All she has to do it carry on being the actress, that she was before, and her future is guaranteed. Wake up and smell the coffee.

PS. I'm married to a Thai (non ex-bargirl) with 3 children just in case someone decides to question my personal life, as I know I'll get some criticism.

As Thaddeus states you obviously have never been here. It never fails to amaze me how so many farangs want to hide, or always emphasise that their partners are NOT ex bar girls.What difference does it make? Most of the Thai women married to the local farangs I know are ex bar girls, and many of them are some of the nicest Thai woman I know.

It is always economic necessity that makes these local girls go to the bars. I have never met one who really likes it, but they make the most of it, sanook being what it is in Thailand. Have you ever been really poor? So poor that you cannot go to school because your parents cannot afford a compulsory school uniform. I'll bet you haven't.

As for them being second hand or spoiled goods, I wish so many farangs wouldn't adopt this stupid Western moral attitude. Judging by what I read in the overseas newspapers many of the Western woman are just as, and sometimes more morally tainted that the Thais.

Take people for what they are, forget their history...

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IN THE REAL WORLD

Sounds like true love and you both have something in common.

WHICH WORLD DO YOU LIVE IN.

You think that Thai bar girls are damaged goods? So it's OK for UK girls one night standing for free. I drive a cab and see whats really going on. I'm not like you walking about with my head up my harris.

At least the thai girls have the good sense to benefit from the encounter.

By the way, me and my damaged goods have been together for 7years. I don't regret one minute.

I like ex-bar girls.

Come to think of it, I like bar girls.

After all the stories I have read, I can never understand why I seem to have more history than they have.

Oh My God !

Am I damaged goods ?

Delusional springs to mind.

[ Have you ever been really poor? So poor that you cannot go to school because your parents cannot afford a compulsory school uniform. I'll bet you haven't. Well said! I know a family in my village with two school girls, one year difference. As they had only one set of three different school uniforms one week one girl went to school and the other week the other girl. That is poor!! Needless to say I bought them an extra set of three uniforms so now both girls go to school together, makes me feel good.

Joe

IMO any girl that has ever been exposed to working in the sex trade, which is what working in a bar in Pattaya or Patong is, will be most likely be damaged goods

I have a healthy dislike for most accountants and solicitors, however I have a good friend here who used to be an accountant, he stopped doing that job years ago, and he's Ok now.

I have never been to Isaan

That is fairly obvious.

Thaddeus, reading more of your posts here makes me feel I didn't do you justice in an earlier post, sorry for that!:jap:

Joe

I have never been to Isaan, but I have met several girls from there. I tend to agree with this post. IMO any girl that has ever been exposed to working in the sex trade, which is what working in a bar in Pattaya or Patong is, will be most likely be damaged goods like those who use their services. I am quite sure that there are beautiful, nice girls in Isaan. I just haven't met one yet!

Could it be because to your own statement you have never been in Isan? Isan has about 23 Million people, so imagine how many girls in your preferred age range there will be (millions) and then realize how few of them are or were bar girls!!! Less than 10% of Thai women work in the sex tourist industry, think of it, 65 million people total in Thailand, couple of thousands being bar girls. Nothing against them but surely they are not representative for the image of Isan village girls!! Damaged goods they are not, spoiled maybe because they lived in a glamourous world. Once they stop they are not bar girl anymore let that be clear. I stopped smoking 35 years ago, am I still a smoker?

Joe

I like ex-bar girls.

Come to think of it, I like bar girls.

After all the stories I have read, I can never understand why I seem to have more history than they have.

Oh My God !

Am I damaged goods ?

Delusional springs to mind.

No, I think only one person is becoming notably isolated on this thread.

Still, I hope you enjoyed your sojourn in the Isaan forum and did not sully yourself too much.

IMO any girl that has ever been exposed to working in the sex trade, which is what working in a bar in Pattaya or Patong is, will be most likely be damaged goods

I have a healthy dislike for most accountants and solicitors, however I have a good friend here who used to be an accountant, he stopped doing that job years ago, and he's Ok now.

I have never been to Isaan

That is fairly obvious.

Thaddeus, reading more of your posts here makes me feel I didn't do you justice in an earlier post, sorry for that!:jap:

Joe

No problem Joe :jap:

I respect you, and your views, and agree with most of them, not all, but most of them. I cracked a joke that wasn't universally acceptable, my bad, I'll try not to do it again (unless I know nobody is watching ;) )

This topic and the actual conversation diverge as usual with the pros and cons of the oldest profession in the world. I liked Cardholders replies and offer something similar from the past:

I like the girls that do,

I like the girls that dont,

I hate the girl that says she will,

And then she says she wont,

But the girl I like the most all,

And I think you'll say I'm right,

Is the girl who says she never does,

But she looks as though she might.

I try not to keep scores in life. But that just me and my half full glass.

Isaan Aussie

IN THE REAL WORLD

My opinion of you remains I think your head needs surgicaly removing from your bottom

GB,

Perhaps an optirectomy?

The surgical disconnection of nerves incorrectly connecting the retina to the rectum. Done to improve someones Sh1tty Outlook on Life.

Edited by IsaanAussie

IN THE REAL WORLD

My opinion of you remains I think your head needs surgicaly removing from your bottom

GB,

Perhaps an optirectomy?

The surgical disconnection of nerves incorrectly connecting the retina to the rectum. Done to improve someones Sh1tty Outlook on Life.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

To a poor country girl you are well off, but to an educated urbanite you're nothing. That's why wealthy Thais stick together, and poor Thais leech off the stupid farang

Well, I know quite a few educated Thai girls, and a few over-educated ones, from the best universities in Thailand.

They're from Bangkok and the rest of the country.

Their problem? They want to marry, and nobody wants to marry them. Too old for most Thai men (>25 years old), too smart, too..., whatever

And marrying a farang is sure something they would consider.

And do very often these days.

But I'm also sure the 0.1% of really rich Thais stick together.

And so they do in most countries.

Good for them.

My experience too...

Wifes Friends: Mostly Thammarsat Masters Graduates... Some of whom are a 'tad' independent for a Thai man to tolerate, or are independent enough to not have settled or not to have met 'right Thai man yet'....

I tell them the right one will come along - They are open minded enough to equally accept a 'SUITABLE' foreign guy or Thai guy...

SUITABLE meaning - of equal socioeconomic and educational levels...

I know western guys who are dating lawyers, former Miss Thailands, flight attendants, Chula Uni Lecturers... All open minded, intelligent women as you would find anywhere else in the world. The biggest key issue I notice - these women are a similar age to the men and are from similar back grounds (socio-economics again)....

Just when one has thought they have heard it all along comes another pearl... "the average Isaan prostitue lives in a glamorous world".

I submit to also being delusional.

If you're going to quote then it would be appropriate to state the source of that quote. If the quote is genuine then there is some truth in it.

As per post #78, I assist during the day lawyers, professors, PhD students, etc. from Thammasat, NIDA, Chula, et al and at the end of the day I am happy to spend my time with an un-educated Thai girl with nothing but personality and looks going for her.

Edited by jazzbo

As per post #78, I assist during the day lawyers, professors, PhD students, etc. from Thammasat, NIDA, Chula, et al and at the end of the day

I am happy to spend my time with an un-educated Thai girl with nothing but personality and looks going for her.

Me too.

Fraternize sure, have fun sure but don't marry the indigenous!!! I think that in doing so you have buried your head in you backside, that's why you talk out of it.

Me thinks thou does protest too much!

I am happy to spend my time with an un-educated Thai girl with nothing but personality and looks going for her.

Me too.... that's all I got ;)

Half right, in your case. :lol:

Edited by pmgthailand

Fraternize sure, have fun sure but don't marry the indigenous!!! I think that in doing so you have buried your head in you backside, that's why you talk out of it.

It's 'the lady doth protest too much, methinks'

(if you are going to try and paraphrase Hamlet, please try to make a better effort than that pitiful attempt)

"So you must take your husbands. Begin, murderer; pox, leave thy damnable faces, and begin. Come; the croaking raven doth bellow for revenge."

Bravo sir. you could not have said it better

Well you just never know where or what your Quan Tah might be.

We am the quintessential odd couple.

Me: 2 Masters Degrees, a millionaire several times, broke a bunch of times, 4 previous wives, and a world traveler/adventure.

Her: 3 years of school in a small Issan village left home at 15, worked as maid/nanny, then started sewing business.

We met in a restaurant in BKK when the waitress could not understand my Thai. She was 29 me 58. Now married 15 years, and I could not have a better pardner in life. She has accumulated a stack of Chanotes about an inch thick, from lending money, and is attending a college to learn more now that she is in her 40's. We live very comfortably in a very large home, and she take good care of me.

So I am here to testify that sometimes these things do work out.

Occasionally I will have some condescending remarks about her because of her English. I just say, "If you are having a herd time understanding her, maybe you should talk to her in one of the other 3 languages she speaks".

It's 'the lady doth protest too much, methinks'

(if you are going to try and paraphrase Hamlet, please try to make a better effort than that pitiful attempt)

"So you must take your husbands. Begin, murderer; pox, leave thy damnable faces, and begin. Come; the croaking raven doth bellow for revenge."

Well said

Its a good job the Computer doesn't use ink or I wouldn't waste it a poster like him (or maybe Her)

He/She doesn't even know that having ones head up ones a*se and Talking out of ones a*se are 2 entirely different insults.

But in this case he/she qualifies for both.

In the amusing cartoon which one is the Poster?

Well you just never know where or what your Quan Tah might be.

We am the quintessential odd couple.

Me: 2 Masters Degrees, a millionaire several times, broke a bunch of times, 4 previous wives, and a world traveler/adventure.

Her: 3 years of school in a small Issan village left home at 15, worked as maid/nanny, then started sewing business.

We met in a restaurant in BKK when the waitress could not understand my Thai. She was 29 me 58. Now married 15 years, and I could not have a better pardner in life. She has accumulated a stack of Chanotes about an inch thick, from lending money, and is attending a college to learn more now that she is in her 40's. We live very comfortably in a very large home, and she take good care of me.

So I am here to testify that sometimes these things do work out.

Occasionally I will have some condescending remarks about her because of her English. I just say, "If you are having a herd time understanding her, maybe you should talk to her in one of the other 3 languages she speaks".

definitely not "in it for the money" cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif