Urgent Help For Battered Woman

jaideeguy

A close friend of my Thai wife showed up today with bruises, 2 black eyes and cuts all over her face from her abusive Thai husband and was seeking help. Can anyone refer me to any NGOs or agencies that deal with abused spouses?? my wife and friend were under the impression that dealing with the police here is useless as they usually side with the 'boy' in these matters. i find that disgusting, but easy to believe here in LOS where the boys are spoiled and treat their women like shit. I am in the Chiang Mai area and need some local support ASAP!!

A close friend of my Thai wife showed up today with bruises, 2 black eyes and cuts all over her face from her abusive Thai husband and was seeking help.  Can anyone refer me to any NGOs or agencies that deal with abused spouses?? my wife and friend were under the impression that dealing with the police here is useless as they usually side with the 'boy' in these matters.  i find that disgusting, but easy to believe here in LOS where the boys are spoiled and treat their women like shit.  I am in the Chiang Mai area and need some local support ASAP!!

all I can surgest is any hospital and talk to a seniour nurse, they see these things happening and Im shure they can direct you to a womens shelter, all I can say sorry not much help! but it Pisses me to as male, all the best

A close friend of my Thai wife showed up today with bruises, 2 black eyes and cuts all over her face from her abusive Thai husband and was seeking help.  Can anyone refer me to any NGOs or agencies that deal with abused spouses?? my wife and friend were under the impression that dealing with the police here is useless as they usually side with the 'boy' in these matters.  i find that disgusting, but easy to believe here in LOS where the boys are spoiled and treat their women like shit.  I am in the Chiang Mai area and need some local support ASAP!!

She should go to her family.....maybe she's got some brothers or uncles who will have a little 'talk' with the a_hole. :o

My wife and I have an old friend and her daughter living with us and she was in a similar postion with her Thai husband so she took her daughter and left him. She went to various friends around and came to live with us in January. I have known her 12 years and my has known her for longer. As far as we are concerned she can stay with us for as long as she wishes and is a part of our family. She can be with us for 20 years or so if she wants.

I personally hate men who hit women but on the other hand he has to sleep sometime so she could get her own back in a very painful way. The drawback to that is that she may get into deep smelly stuff with the police, possibly go to jail and lose her daughter.

It may be better if the lady concerned leaves him to stay with family or friends to be safe.

Thanks guys for your imput....i'll pass what i can along to my wife's friend. I can see that i am fighting the culture gap here in this arena and will ultimately go with the flow as i usually do, but it is a real pisser to let the little coward get away with this [in any culture]. what a contrast to the western culture where if you just look at a woman, it's sexual harasment......

Immediately call the Friends of Women Foundation in Bangkok and ask them for their branch or contacts in Chiang Mai. This organization has an excellent reputation for helping battered women and has been doing it for years.

Friends of Women Foundation

218/16 Soi Pradipat 18, Phayathai

Bangkok 10400

Thailand

Tel: 279-0867, 278-3551