What's The Situation?

Two Roads

I was supposed to fly up to Chinag Mai from Singapore this Wednesday with my two children for a long anticipated holiday.

Is it even worth it??

Reports would seem to indicate everything is under water and from a tourist standpoint nothing much will be operational.

Is this really the case??

Appreiciate some guidance.

I was supposed to fly up to Chinag Mai from Singapore this Wednesday with my two children for a long anticipated holiday.

Is it even worth it??

Reports would seem to indicate everything is under water and from a tourist standpoint nothing much will be operational.

Hi T R, Pretty damp here at present and forecast is for rain or chance of rain for the next 7 days. City area was awash this morning. Good weather for leaning on a bar but inside hotel room pretty boring for kids.Like the B/G said to the bishop "Up to You "

Is it even worth it??

Hi T R, Pretty damp here at present and forecast is for rain or chance of rain for the next 7 days. City area was awash this morning. Good weather for leaning on a bar but inside hotel room pretty boring for kids.Like the B/G said to the bishop "Up to You "

shopping malls full every one go shop shop shop not much else to do at moment

In town report:

The water has receded from the streets near the river and is nearly back to normal levels. Pockets of water remain, but are being pumped up. I agree with jomama, things will be more or less back to normal in a few days. Of course, the places that sustained damage from the water will be in need of repairs and probably closed for a month or so, but since the water never flooded any other areas than the ones near the river, the impact on the city as a whole will not be that great.

But of course, you should go South instead. :o

Its 4pm tuesday and here at the night bazaar the vendors are all setting up like normal and will be business as usual on the street tonite!!

Not sure about the shophouses it may take them another day but most all were all cleaning as 3 pm today

lokks like a muddy furniture outlet on the streets

the city has done an excellent job washing and cleaning all the street

Come on down to Chiang mai

Its Beatiful here!!!

Soon be back to normal. Water gone down but a bit muddy in some areas.

Doing a great job of washing and sweeping the streets. Most damage inside peoples homes. Been to a couple to help clean up around CM Land and close by.

But from tourists point of view should be no problem.