California sex offender arrested for raping toddler inside store

News_Editor

California sex offender arrested for raping toddler inside store

2010-12-04 00:01:31 GMT+7 (ICT)

UNION CITY, CALIFORNIA (BNO NEWS) -- A registered sex offender was arrested on Wednesday for allegedly raping a 2-year-old toddler inside a California store, the Mercury News reported on Friday.

Eugene Ramos, 36, was booked in to Santa Rita jail in Dublin on suspicion of kidnapping, rape, sexual acts with a child and false imprisonment after the alleged attack which took place on Wednesday at 1 p.m. PST.

Authorities said that the victim was with her grandmother and aunt who were doing Christmas shopping in the Union City Dollar Tree Store in Union City, a city in Alameda County. The women momentarily left the baby girl in the next aisle while continuing shopping.

Ramos then allegedly took the girl while the women were on the other aisle and assaulted her within a span of 30 seconds until the grandmother spotted him.

The women began chasing the registered sex offender and were helped by two bystanders who tackled Ramos until police officers arrived.

Law enforcement agents secured Ramos and the 2-year-old child was transported to the Children's Hospital in Oakland where she was treated for minor injuries.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2010-12-04

If the first paragraph of the story is fact, this primate needs to be put down so as not to contaminate the rest of society. Being a grandparent, I know that I would have attempted to to ensure that only a autopsy would be required upon police arrival.

I realise our non-American friends are appalled at the death penalty but I would broaden its use to include child rapists like this. WHY on Earth do we need people like this walking the planet? WHY should tax payers pay to keep them fed and housed for the rest of their lives in a prison cell? WHY should we try to rehabilitate them when it has been proven they are beyond rehabilitation? Just relegate them to the trash bin and move on.

General warning - Please read before you post

this topic will stay open for serious and civil discussion.

Be aware the person mentioned in this article has not yet been tried by a Court of Law.

We will not tolerate:

- hang 'em high posts

- flames, racist comments or insults

If posters cannot follow these restrictions then the topic will be closed immediately and all members in violation of these restrictions will earn an immediate suspension.

Thank you for your cooperation

---And post accordingly.

nothing related to child sex offenders works. their brains don't work, the system doesn't work, rehabilitation doesn't work, prisons don't work etc.

remove them from the gene pool. take their parents and descendants with them.

Whilst I can understand your first comment, the second just leaves me flabbergasted.