Swivel Office Chair Repair

Digitalbanana

I get the same problem, and have always been able to buy another base from INDEX.

The chairs oftem come with plastic bases and I change them when they snap for metal ones and never have a problem again.

Not sure where you are but see if there is an INDEX outlet near you.

Contact these guys - they come to you with replacement rams for failed exec chairs and replacement bases etc. Go to their site and they have a large range as well as being in MBK, Seacon Square and many other outlets around Thailand but the retailers cannot help and don't know. You have to go direct to the manufacturer.

http://www.mass-furniture.com/about.html

• 1 month later...

I went to Office Dept and Index and was met with usual trainee sales clerk reception of no can do, only sell new chairs, although Office Dept did wait a month to confirm this. We went to a furniture shop off the internet simflexdesign who have loads of chair parts, included the base I needed for 400THB in warehouse.

Contact these guys - they come to you with replacement rams for failed exec chairs and replacement bases etc. Go to their site and they have a large range as well as being in MBK, Seacon Square and many other outlets around Thailand but the retailers cannot help and don't know. You have to go direct to the manufacturer.

http://www.mass-furn....com/about.html

That's good to know, I also have a broken base which I hadn't considered fixing, was going to just buy a new chair but if it's fixable that's obviously a preferable option. Have you used these guys yourself personally? Do you know if you can just turn up with the broken chair and they fix it while you wait?

Another place is fixchair.com, but like the others mentioned above I am sure fix while you wait depends on job to do. I my case of fixing base, it was just a case of changing base and buying new one, so take off old and put on new, since the bases are standard I just took base and left chair at home to do myself. The simflexdesign shop said they need a day for upholstery work and so did fixchair.

I left a request at Office Depot earlier for a new base, one month later they said they couldn't help and gave me my money back. ymmv

Edited by Digitalbanana

• 8 years later...