BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
TheScribe

Camera Prices In Thailand. What Can We Do?

planning to buy a nikon d3100 with kitlens.how much does it cost now in pantip or if you know other shops within bangkok.

Article in the South China Morning Post yesterday about the rising camera gear prices in Hong Kong. Since the earthquake, prices in HK have gone up 10% with most retailers now charging at least MSRP. I imagine the situation in Thailand will be similar going forward.

Hello Moneyshot (& everybody on this thread),

Thank you Moneyshot for the info regarding Digilife store. I just got a very good deal with my just acquired Tokina 11-16/ f2.8 lens. The price is less by 1,000THB compared to other equally famous stores in Pantip & MBK.

Btw, be careful with one guy in AV Center in pantip 3rd floor. He is rude when not in a mood. When you asked him a price of a certain item and he replied what amount you like, better ignore him and ask somebody else. Because in a " Rabid Dog" manner he will tell you to buy in the store that you told him. I am certain on that event 'cuz he did that with a European couple last year when he was assigned in Photovision (4th flr Pantip). That event coincided when I was buying EOS 7D @ Photovision. It was good that his colleague Mark was the one who attended to me. Better look for mark now assigned in Camera & Lens store in pantip.

I am quite upset because he knows that I am a regular customer of their chain of stores. I bought my 7D, grip, filters and 2 lenses in their stores and accompanied some Thai colleagues there who prefer Fortune than pantip. I think the owner should venture in a croc farm to have a proper place for this entity if they don't want to kick him out.

thanks.

Great to hear CMD333, Im glad you saved some money;)

Funny you mentioned the rude guy at AV, I had a similar experience there when comparing prices but ended up not choosing them due to his attitude. Its not hard to be nice;)

The 7D is an impressive camera, enjoy!