฿1,000 To Spend On Top-Notch Authentic American Food For Just ฿475

TikTokThai

Today's amazing deal in Bangkok is ฿1,000 to spend on mouthwatering American food for just ฿475 at Home run Bar & Grill on Sukhumvit 31.

For lovers of great American cuisine, it doesn't get much better than this! Home Run Bar & Grill on Sukhumvit 31 has a great atmosphere and a truly mouthwatering menu featuring premium wagyu steaks and gourmet burgers, along with a full range of American grill food starters including the irresistible crispy potato skins filled with bacon, Mozzarella and Monterey Jack cheese, served with sour cream.

For details of the deal, check out: http://www.tiktoktha...c-american-food

Our photos really don't do this place justice, so to soak up the atmosphere in advance check out their 360-degree tour on their website to truly appreciate the uniqueness of Bangkok's newest addition to the restaurant scene.

This deal will run for 48 hours!

Team TikTokThai

I'm confused...

The deal will run for 48 hours...

but on the website it says, "the fine print - Deal valid from 10th December 2010 until 9th March 2011"

The countdown timer seems to indicate the former?

Do you have to purchase the voucher on-line, in advance, using a credit card?

Facility and menu look top notch.

I'm confused...

The deal will run for 48 hours...

but on the website it says, "the fine print - Deal valid from 10th December 2010 until 9th March 2011"

Yes, you're right, we'd do well to change the wording on that a little bit! I'll tell our webmaster about this! :rolleyes:

To clarify, it is only possible to purchase this deal (ie: the voucher) and benefit from the discount within the specified 48-hour period. Once the countdown reaches zero, the deal itself will expire and a new deal will be shown on the website.

The voucher, on the other hand, will be valid from 10th December 2010 until 9th March 2011.

Do you have to purchase the voucher on-line, in advance, using a credit card?

Yes, that is correct. The vouchers must be purchased in advance before the countdown reaches zero. At the moment we are accepting Visa, Mastercard and PayPal but we're also working on accepting payments through 7-Eleven so that people without credit cards can enjoy the deals, too.

Facility and menu look top notch.

It's an amazing place! The owner is an ex Planet Hollywood boss and he really knows his stuff!

Jonathan

Team TikTokThai

Is there a minimum number of vouchers that need to be purchased? I know of other companies doing this same thing in other countries and a minimum amount of sales need to be good for these deals to be valid.

Playing devil's advocate, what happens if you purchase a voucher and go to redeem later and the biz ( not necessarily this particular restaurant) is out of business? Do you refund the purchase amount?

I just signed up and bought two vouchers.  As far as the restaurant goes, well, the menu looks good, so i will give it a try.  And that is the draw for the restaurants--it gets people in the door, and I doubt I would have tried this place without the promotion.

When I read the article about this kind of service in Chicago, I was impressed on how well the service seemed to be embraced.  Other than a few restaurants or stores which got too much business and couldn't handle it, most of the businesses loved it (some saying the service kept them from closing) and all of the customers interviewed loved it. 

I frankly have no idea on how well entrenched TikTokThai is and if they will be able to keep up discounts which would appeal to me.  But as there is no cost for joining, heck, it was worth it just to try out Home Run Bar & Grill.  

Is there a minimum number of vouchers that need to be purchased? I know of other companies doing this same thing in other countries and a minimum amount of sales need to be good for these deals to be valid.

No, we decided not to impose a minimum. Some sites do, but we simply felt as though it would be more of a turn-off for people than anything else. If people go to a website and spend time signing up, entering their details and 'buying' a voucher only to be emailed a day later to be told that the deal didn't happen, most people are likely to feel as though the whole thing was a waste of time! Once you buy a deal on TikTokThai, your voucher is ready to print immediately and use on the date printed on the voucher, which is typically a day after the deal ends.

Playing devil's advocate, what happens if you purchase a voucher and go to redeem later and the biz ( not necessarily this particular restaurant) is out of business? Do you refund the purchase amount?

Well, we're quite careful about which businesses we choose to work with, so I doubt that would ever happen. However, if it did, we'd take fully responsibility, of course. We actually mention this in the Terms of Sale to put people's minds at rest. It's a fair concern, since some of the vouchers are valid for up to 6 months.

Jonathan

Team TikTokThai

I frankly have no idea on how well entrenched TikTokThai is and if they will be able to keep up discounts which would appeal to me. But as there is no cost for joining, heck, it was worth it just to try out Home Run Bar & Grill.

It's certainly a challenge to keep coming up with new deals that appeal to as many people as possible, but we're out there negotiating on a daily basis. We're also open to suggestions from our members concerning the types of deals they'd like to see as well as the types of deals they'd rather not see again!

Jonathan

Team TikTokThai

Bonobo, have you tried this place yet???

When I visit their web site, all I can access is the somewhat annoying panorama video and links to their map and contact info...

Nothing about menu or offerings or prices or even hours of operation....

If they're going to do a web site, how about producing one that actually provides some useful information.

Bonobo, have you tried this place yet???

When I visit their web site, all I can access is the somewhat annoying panorama video and links to their map and contact info...

Nothing about menu or offerings or prices or even hours of operation....

If they're going to do a web site, how about producing one that actually provides some useful information.

I agree with you about their website.  It is pretty useless.  I want menus, opening hours, maps, etc., not a panoramic view of the place.  I am  not condo shopping.

I plan on going Saturday night, so I will post my impressions on the place after that.

OK, I went to the Home Run tonight.

First, there was no problem with the voucher.  The only thing of which to be aware is that you have to make sure you spend it all.  You don't get change.

About the restaurant.  First, it it not on the main part ot Soi 31.  You have to turn left at the PM's house and go on the side Soi 31.  The place is not car friendly either.  I had to park some 300 meters away.

The overall feel of the place is good. It looks sharp and inviting.  The menus are printed on small cards which are placed in a plastic-type stand. The writing was way, way too small.  Especially in the dim light, it was almost impossible to read the description of the dishes.

On the food, we ordered two appetizers, the chicken fingers and the wings.  The fingers were good, and the dipping sauce was excellent.  We ordered more of the sauce.  The wings were also excellent (we had the tequilla/lime wings.)

For main courses, we ordered a burger and the ribs special.  The ribs, while they tasted good, were frankly dry and unappetizing.  However, the burger, while it looked strange due to its configuration, was excellent.  I think it might be better than Iron Fairies'. I was hesitant when the menu described it as having seasoning, but that was very light.  This was a good burger.

Overall, the trip was worth it.  I would have one recommendation, though.  The place is heavy on the beef, and since many Thai's won't eat beef, they need to have more pork on the menu rather than just a few pasta and a BBQ chicken offering.  My date really liked the looks of my burger, for example, and would have loved a pork burger.  It would be very easy to add that to the menu to satisfy Thais who don't eat beef.

Both TikTokThai's vouchers and the Home Run were a success in my book.

I live 300 km Bangkok but this all reminds me too much of walking into a Thai department store and seeing those '80% OFF' signs -- was there ever somebody that actually paid the full price?

Actually, TikTokThai represents quite a different concept to the 'permanent discounts' you see plastered around in department stores.

To begin with, you won't see any mention of the promotion at the place the deal is valid in. Everyone walking in through the door without a voucher is paying full price.

Secondly, deals only last for a very short time (24-96 hours at most) and although the voucher you buy directly on TikTokThai is usually valid for several months, the opportunity to buy the voucher itself will not come back any time soon. Generally speaking, we will only allow each merchant to run a deal once per year.

Some merchants will break even, others might even make a loss. The benefit to them is that they get their name out through TikTokThai and get a bunch of new customers that wouldn't have otherwise found them. If they do make a loss honoring the actual vouchers, it's still better for them than paying extortionate prices for ads online or in local magazines that might not even win them any new customers. With TikTokThai, they can actually see real customers coming in through the door as a result of the deal they run. And, of course, customers get a great deal too... much better than the usual 10-30% discounts credit cards like HSBC and Citibank often give in restaurants and spas etc; in short, everyone wins!

Jonathan

Team TikTokThai

I just said 'reminds' -- you don't have to explain the deal ...

(from WikiPedia) A critical disadvantage of the (Groupon) model is that it is easily copyable. In North America, there have been 200 similar sites that have sprung up with some sites even copying the color, font, and logo. Worldwide, there are over 500 similar sites including over 100 in China.

Prices?  Smoking/non-smoking?  Noisy/quiet?  Lunch and/or dinner?

[

No one was smoking while I was there.  The place was pretty quiet.  You can actually hold a conversation.

The 200 g burger was 290 or thereabouts.  They ahd a smaller burger for 240 or so.  The specialty burgers range upwards to about 350.

The rib special was 490, if I remember correctly.  THey do offer a Wagyu steak for about 1,400, but I forgot the cut and size.

• 2 months later...

Went last night for the wagyu steak. 300g for 1,400 baht. To be honest, the steak itself was better than the steak at the steakhouse at the top of the Landmark. Nothing else was as good as at the Landmark, but the steak was thicker, which made it cook up better, in my opinion.

You can choose between a sirloin or ribeye, and you can get them grilled or pan-fried with some sort of spicy preparation.

On Wednesdays, they have a two-for-one for the steak.