Medical Certificate For Thai Drivers License

mrmillersr

Today I went to get a Thai drivers license since my international license will soon expire. I was given a list of requirements one being a Medical certificate (5 diseases from). I was told one place you can get this is from a clinic.

Does anyone have a recommendation on where to go to get this certificate? Is it just a form someone fills out or do you need a physical along with it? Also what do they normally charge?

thanks

Mike

The doctor basically does a "visual inspection" to make sure you didn't crawl and in the door or something and are not physically handicapped. There is no check-up per se and no bloodwork.

At the motor vehicle dept. they give you a test for color blindness.

Easiest might be Loi Kroa Clinic across from the temple. Dr. Tawatchai there speaks English.

Don't remeber the cost, but it's not much.

Today I went to get a Thai drivers license since my international license will soon expire.  I was given a list of requirements one being a Medical certificate (5 diseases from).  I was told one place you can get this is from a clinic.

Does anyone have a recommendation on where to go to get this certificate?  Is it just a form someone fills out or do you need a physical along with it?  Also what do they normally charge?

thanks

Mike

:o

Keep me updated on this as I am getting ready to do the same thing, :D

My retirement extension and Thai driving license expire within a few days of each other. Walk into the clinic (clinics are every fifth shop in Surin), the receptionist completes two forms, I pay Bht 60.00 and it's done. 10 minutes max.

We're in the process of doing the same. We finally got our medical forms today and are now trying to find out where to go. I heard that the licence office is on the Hang Dong road not too far from the airport. Can anyone give more specific details on the actual location of the office?

Thanks

Today I went to get a Thai drivers license since my international license will soon expire.  I was given a list of requirements one being a Medical certificate (5 diseases from).  I was told one place you can get this is from a clinic.

Does anyone have a recommendation on where to go to get this certificate?  Is it just a form someone fills out or do you need a physical along with it?  Also what do they normally charge?

thanks

Mike

Just did this today for work permit paperwork and have done it previously for driving licence. McCormick hospital - blood pressure checked then 20 seconds with the doctor who checks you are from planet earth, B50 to the cashier and walk out with the certificate.

B50 is the standard fee for a doctor's autograph. :o

JxP

I had a chest scan with mine, (Xray) 200 baht. Not sure quite what they were looking for but hey, i now know i have lots of fuzzy white bits with some serious blackness all around them. I was told this was normal! :o

Edited by Boatabike

Thanks for your advice everyone. My wife and I took the forms & documents down yesterday and got our Thai driver's licence. Total time was one hour. We had a medical certificate from a clinic - no problem. If you have an International Driver's permit - bring it and have the cover and English pages photocopied twice. Good luck!

I saw nowhere in the building that offered this service.  We had forgotten one photocopy and they told us to go to a store and get it done.  Your best bet is to do it elsewhere.

I've got to go to immigration to get the residence form and I know they take photos in the shop out back but I don't know if they can make the 1" size. Where else can you get the photos for your license in CM?

thanks

I saw nowhere in the building that offered this service.  We had forgotten one photocopy and they told us to go to a store and get it done.  Your best bet is to do it elsewhere.

I've got to go to immigration to get the residence form and I know they take photos in the shop out back but I don't know if they can make the 1" size. Where else can you get the photos for your license in CM?

thanks

There used to be a photo shop and a copy shop in the car parking area at the back of the building (assuming we are talking about the Government vehicle place on Hang Dong road with the pink railings!). I would expect that it is still there.

JxP

thanks

There used to be a photo shop and a copy shop in the car parking area at the back of the building (assuming we are talking about the Government vehicle place on Hang Dong road with the pink railings!). I would expect that it is still there.

JxP

Correct, right at the back against the hedge and adjacent to the restaurant. Don't bother taking photos from elsewhere as they will probably discount them anyway. Mine were no good (too big) and they were normal passport size. They will cost you about 100 baht for four (two licences), and the laminating place for your new licenses is also outside nearby - about 10 baht per license.

For future reference, there's a pretty good place in town just south of the Three Kings Monument on Thanon Phra Pokklao that does passport photos. You get about 12 photos for 120 baht. :o

:o I found the Chiengmai Ram very easy for the drivers licence medical.

If you are with a Thai any clinic or hospital will issue them. They have a validity time 30 Days????, so get it a day or so before.

All photocopying/photos etc can be done at the licencing office.

There is also a brake reflex test and vision/perception test. If you have a bike licence it is has to be applied for separately

Good luck keep smiling and be patient.

I managed to get my medical certificate for 20 baht without actually having to be present. The doctor's clerk was able to determine that I was in good health by simply examining a photocopy of my passport; thus demonstrating the advanced state of the medical arts in the Kingdom.