Flights Resume To Phetchabun Airport

CharlieH

I think its GREAT NEWS that the Airport at Phetchabun is to resume flights. Its been closed for a few years and everyone has had to take the 5 hour + bus trip to Bangkok. Now you can be there is about an hour.

According to the info flights will be available from Phetchabun to Don Muang (Bkk) and vice versa.

(2500baht one way).

http://www.solarair.co.th/

:D:D:D

This is indeed great news if it goes ahead,i have often been to the airport for a look and was surprised by how large it was,plus the fact that its only 7 kilometeres from my home,this will make life very easy for me when travelling from Bangkok.:D

Yes looking forward to "how do I do a border run from Phetch airport" posts.:angry:

Not everyone lives 5 hours + from Bangkok, quite a number of us live in the southern Amphur's of Phetchabun province.

As the flights are (at present) only stated to and from Bangkok dont see how you can do a border run from the airport.

As for your comment "quite a number of us live in the southern Amphur's of Phetchabun province" whats your point ?

Yes looking forward to "how do I do a border run from Phetch airport" posts.:angry:

Not everyone lives 5 hours + from Bangkok, quite a number of us live in the southern Amphur's of Phetchabun province.

As the flights are (at present) only stated to and from Bangkok dont see how you can do a border run from the airport.

As for your comment "quite a number of us live in the southern Amphur's of Phetchabun province" whats your point ?

Why do'nt you read your own post??!

-"I think its GREAT NEWS that the Airport at Phetchabun is to resume flights. Its been closed for a few years and everyone has had to take the 5 hour + bus trip to Bangkok. Now you can be there is about an hour."

So we are not going to get any posts along the lines of " I caught the early bird out of Phetchabun and jumped on the connecting flight to KL et al and you know what?, you can get another 30 days instead of 15 days" or perhaps its another option for the wealthy multi non 'O' 90 dayers.

Edited by phutoie2

Even though this is good news I question whether the demand is there.

The service is due to start in January 2011 (no date stated).

All flight charges are one/way only.

Many routes fail simply because of a lack of demand.

Time will tell.

DMK - PHY

Bangkok - Phetchabun Sun-Mon-Fri

(Operate on Jan 2011) 16.00-17.00

2,500 baht

PHY - DMK

Phetchabun - Bangkok Sun-Mon-Fri

(Operate on Jan 2011) 18.45-19.45

2,500 baht

DMK - LOE

Bangkok - Loei

(1 stop Phetchabun) Sun-Mon-Fri

(Operate on Jan 2011) 16.00-17.45

2,650 baht

LOE - DMK

Loei - Bangkok

(Operate on Jan 2011) 18.00-19.45

2,650 baht

PHY - LOE

Phetchabun - Loei Sun-Mon-Fri

(Operate on Jan 2011) 17.15-17.45

850 baht

LOE - PHY

Loei - Phetchabun Sun-Mon-Fri

(Operate on Jan 2011) 18.00-18.30

850 baht

Edited by nam-thip

Even though this is good news I question whether the demand is there.

The service is due to start in January 2011 (no date stated).

All flight charges are one/way only.

Many routes fail simply because of a lack of demand.

Time will tell.

DMK - PHY

Bangkok - Phetchabun Sun-Mon-Fri

(Operate on Jan 2011) 16.00-17.00

2,500 baht

PHY - DMK

Phetchabun - Bangkok Sun-Mon-Fri

(Operate on Jan 2011) 18.45-19.45

2,500 baht

DMK - LOE

Bangkok - Loei

(Operate on Jan 2011) 16.00-17.45

2,650 baht

LOE - DMK

Loei - Bangkok

(Operate on Jan 2011) 18.00-19.45

2,650 baht

PHY - LOE

Phetchabun - Loei Sun-Mon-Fri

(Operate on Jan 2011) 17.15-17.45

850 baht

LOE - PHY

Loei - Phetchabun Sun-Mon-Fri

(Operate on Jan 2011) 18.00-18.30

850 baht

Agreed,i told the missus that flights were restarting,she just laughed and said how many Thai's who live around here are going to be spending 2500 B as opposed to the 295 B bus fare with free Kha Nohm and Nam.

Edited by stoneyboy

• 4 weeks later...

Agreed,looks like i shall continue to take the bus from Mo Chit,its not that bad really,the foods ok and inexpensive at the services half way through,my only gripe is the fact that i always get lumbered with the worlds largest speaker blasting out in my lug hole on the bus,and as i continue my journey past Phetchabun town center to Bung NamTao i have to endure the double bus station nonsense,still for 295 B and nibbles its OK.:D

• 1 month later...

Has anyone actually used this service as of now,as i am currently holidaying in the south and am toying with the idea of using it upon my return to BK,ive also been told that due to the size of the twin prop planes being used with around only 19 seats,luggage has been overlooked.

Has anyone actually used this service as of now,as i am currently holidaying in the south and am toying with the idea of using it upon my return to BK,ive also been told that due to the size of the twin prop planes being used with around only 19 seats,luggage has been overlooked.

Also the parachutes have been overlooked.:lol: