Car Parking At Bts Terminal Stations

AsiaWolfie

I know there is a huge car park either at Mor Chit and at On Nut terminal stations. does anybody know about the regulations to park there ? is it free for BTS customers ? or do I have to apply for a parking licence somewhere ? or just pay cash when leaving ? some time ago I read about the Mor Chit parking lot and learned that it seems to be a big chaos sometimes. is it true ? and what about On Nut ? please share your experiences, thanks......

I know there is a huge car park either at Mor Chit and at On Nut terminal stations. does anybody know about the regulations to park there ? is it free for BTS customers ? or do I have to apply for a parking licence somewhere ? or just pay cash when leaving ? some time ago I read about the Mor Chit parking lot and learned that it seems to be a big chaos sometimes. is it true ? and what about On Nut ? please share your experiences, thanks......

The BTS parking is not free despite misconception that it is (old ads on BTS pass)

It's about 55 baht per day, still cheap

For 1 or 2 hours, try Lotus, better

As I understand it Mo Chit is free to park, cos its not actually a car park - its the bus station!

However - a word of warning - go and have a look on a Sunday when its (relatively) quiet - there always appears to be a fair amount of broken glass around, break-ins? So don't leave anything valuable in the car.

And yes it does get very busy during the week. If you have to park on one of road ways, as opposed to in a designated space, leave the car in neutral and handbrake off so it can be pushed, but take your own rock to put under the wheels - the car park slopes!!!!!

I parked at Mor Chit once and it was free but finding a place was a nightmare - I spent nearly half an hour cruising the narrow parking lanes in search of a spot to squeeze in - will never go there again, not on weekdays, not in the morning.

The best place is "Park and Ride" at Lad Prao underground station, I use it on Saturdays and I never drive downtown anymore. It cost nothing - like 10 baht, or maybe 10 baht an hour - you'll get a plastic "ticket" with an embedded chip hat you should electronically stamp at the station yourself, than pay on exit.

There's pleny of space (it's a multistory car park), easy entrance and exit from Ratchada, and security people/attendants on each floor.

@ mo chit

park behind the chatuchack-park (at daytime the street is quiet ...)

may bussdrivers make ther lunchtime there ...

(exept weekend ;-) )

and allowed to part at one side ..

(just 100 meter crossing the chatuchack park .. to bts station)

free .. and guess same save at in the bts-park area ;-)

1 more @ mo chit

behind the chatuchack park is a big free space ...

free parking there .... same using (bus drivers braking there)

(but its not that good ground for a sport car ;-)

can use bus line 104 .. just 5 baht and 2 minutes to mo chit station

(and the bus always empty there .. because its the first stop at his route ... )

if talk with the ticket-girl .. can ride for free ;-)