Backsaver Beds In Makro

Will27

Greetings Trend Setters

Was leaving Makro today and a stall had been set up

out the front selling BackSaver mattresses.

They seem to have some good deals on.

Saw a king size reduced from 28 000 to

13 000 Baht.

The only trouble is that I haven't heard of the brand.

A search of the internet implies they might be a rebadged

Sealy.

Was just wondering if any of you have heard or know

anything about them.

Regards

Will

Edited by Will27

There are cheap deals on mattresses everywhere, just stretch out and buy the one thats comfy for you.

As for price, king size can be bought for about 3000 bht Up.

Yep,

thank for that.

The question was though

"Was just wondering if any of you have heard or know

anything about them?"

I guess that's a no.

Regards

Will

There are cheap deals on mattresses everywhere, just stretch out and buy the one thats comfy for you.

Yep,

thank for that.

The question was though

anything about them?"

I guess that's a no.

Regards

Will

If you do hear that they are really Seally let me know. I am looking for a good bed too. It is not the initial feel when you stretch out that counts it is how long they last like that.

Indeed, the general rule of mattresses is that you get what you pay for.

Bargains are few and far between.

well if that's true, the one I sleep on in Chiang Saen must have been free! Useless thing about 3 inches thick! Just a bed-shaped cushion rather than a mattress!

Where can I get a semi-decent one? saw some in...nah can't remember :lol: but they were about 10,000

where are these 3,000 baht jobbies to be found?

There's a huge poster opposite Big C advertising a Sealy sale somewhere but not sure where, it's probably at one of the two big places on the Super-Highway close to Makro. I got mine at the last sale and was 9000baht reduced from around 20,000 but would have been worth it if I'd paid 20k, SO comfortable!

Edited by skybluestu

I bought mine nearly two years ago. Paid almost 20,000 baht. That may seem like a lot to some of you but I have slept on all kinds of mattresses during my life and I know what helps me rest well and function well the next day and I know what keeps me from sleeping or causes me pains and discomfort the following days or weeks. So, for a "the rest of my life purchase", 20,000 is a small sum. The mattress was quality on the day I bought it and at this time, it is as comfortable and supportive as it was when it was new. Typically, mattresses require occasional turning and flipping to keep the "wear points" from becoming overused. This one does not need that. Good quality material and workmanship. I require a mattress that is a bit more firm than the average but this old body has been through a lot.

Many people can get away with less quality. It depends on you, your sleeping habits, your health and so on. I know guys my age who can sleep just as comfortably on the ground as they do on a good bed. I have spent way too much time sleeping on the ground and in other strange places. A mat would not do for me. A "fair" mattress that eventually has sinkholes in it will not do for me.

I think Scea's comment is right on target but, again, a different person could get away with a 1,000 baht mattress.

To answer the Op's question, I haven't tried the cheaper ones here, except during hotel stays. I can't get away with it. Good luck in your search.

Crikey, it's not hard to get off topic gang.

I asked if anyone knew about the BackSaver

beds and despite all of the replies, the question

still hans't been answered.

I'll take it as a no then.

Thanks anyway.

Will

That's us. Lots of output but no input. We're a funny bunch, aren't we? But just so you know, Scea started it. I'm still trying to figure out how he got his post to register as #5 instead of the original #2.

Edited by kandahar

Thanks anyway.

Will

BackSaver? What are you on about? the topic drifted way way away from that ages ago! Try and keep up mate! Geez!

Anyway it was Kd's fault, he made someone else start it first :P

Thanks anyway.

Will

BackSaver? What are you on about? the topic drifted way way away from that ages ago! Try and keep up mate! Geez!

Anyway it was Kd's fault, he made someone else start it first :P

Look,if you have lived here for 5 minutes,then there is no doubt you need help !! regardless of your needs.

As for Sealy beds,same as everything else,all copied under what ever brand you want.' As I said earlier, find a bed, lie on it, relax and if good for you buy it. Grrrrrrrrrr

Too many planks are coming here, where are the quality people ? :huh:

Quality people? Yeah, you decide who's a quality person, my bad. Tell me where and when the tests are and I'll be sure and turn up. Gee I hope I get to be a quality person! Do I get a badge? Will it say 'Hi-Q' or 'Lo-Q' ? Now I'm all nervous, can't wait for your decision.

Quote Sunny: "As I said earlier, find a bed, lie on it, relax and if good for you buy it. Grrrrrrrrrr"

Sound advice? Hardly.

Be prepared to do it all again in a year or two if it is a cheapie. .

Edited by kandahar

Quote Sunny: "As I said earlier, find a bed, lie on it, relax and if good for you buy it. Grrrrrrrrrr"

Sound advice? Hardly.

Be prepared to do it all again in a year or two if it is a cheapie. .

Hi!

Not so fare from Makro,there is a big shop,and we bought one there, for 3500-and it is ok-had alot of visitors who try it,and say that it is ok-but you can go and have a look in the shop, and se for your self.

The shops name is-something like this-Bee-Nang-a big shop.

brianmarinus.

If you need a firm mattress I am sure kandahar could quickly make one for you. Of course it would be like his barbecues and last for several generations. You may have to reinforce the floor though... :rolleyes:

A steel and Smartwood mattress, Harry? I dunno about that. However, the two beds I have built here will last for generations.

Yep,

thank for that.

The question was though

anything about them?"

I guess that's a no.

Regards

Will

If you do hear that they are really Seally let me know. I am looking for a good bed too. It is not the initial feel when you stretch out that counts it is how long they last like that.

Bingo.... And long term laying out too without pressure points etc.

Yep,

thank for that.

The question was though

anything about them?"

I guess that's a no.

Regards

Will

Bingo.... And long term laying out too without pressure points etc.

Satin Brand, Memory foam models. Good quality.

Look,if you have lived here for 5 minutes,then there is no doubt you need help !! regardless of your needs.

As for Sealy beds,same as everything else,all copied under what ever brand you want.' As I said earlier, find a bed, lie on it, relax and if good for you buy it. Grrrrrrrrrr

You really need to stop posting after midnight when either fatigue, alcohol or both cut in.

I asked about a specific brand of something, and you reply with another one of your moronic

and puerile posts.

there is no doubt you need help

This is rich coming from someone whose recent posts include:

The best and cheapest car insurance for a 25 year old car?

Where to buy digestives?

Where to buy chickens? And, not let's forget the classic

Where to buy slippers?

Too many planks are coming here, where are the quality people ? :huh:

Forum rules preclude me from answering this little gem of yours in the way

it deserves to be.

Edited by Will27

Yep,

thank for that.

The question was though

anything about them?"

I guess that's a no.

Regards

Will

Sealy do make Backsaver beds, they have an inner construction of pocketed springs and various combinations of foam and memory foam on top of these (depending on which type of backsaver bed it is). They also have a well-supported edge to prevent sagging.

Memory foam is the stuff that when you lie or sit on it for a few minutes, moulds itself to your body shape and provides support without too much firmness. There are many types of mattress that offer memory foam built into them, or you can buy a mattress overlay to put on top of your existing mattress to help if you have back pain. The best memory foams are made from latex - and this means that they can get quite hot for some people. They also vary in depth, density and price.

Whether or not the beds outside of makro are 'real' I have no idea. If they are Sealy (or any other reputable named ) beds they would come with a guarantee -even here. But whether or not they are real, as many other posters have suggested, the best way to see if they are 'worth' the money, is to take off your shoes and lie down on one for at least 20 minutes in your normal sleeping position(s). We all promise not to laugh.

There is no hard and fast rule about which type of bed is best, certainly hard beds are not necessarily the best for a bad back, and most expensive won't necessarily give you a good night's sleep. It's all about personal preference.

There is a Mattress shop on the same side of the road as The American Standard DIY shop on the road where the Old Bus Station is , Prasopsuk Rd . The shop is located about 100mtrs from the DIY shop.

The Mattresses are priced depending on size, if you buy a Single mattress, standard double, queen or kingsize. There are many branded Mattresses and the prices are cheap. Take a look & try one out . If your worried about fake branded beds , go to the manufacturer of your choice and have one sent here .