Sausage King 2 Chiang Rai Branch

SausageKing

Hi to you all in Chiang Rai and Sausage King Now has a new branch in Chiang Rai near big c. we have Bacon-Breakfast Sausage-Dinner Sausage-Pies-Indian Curry's etc..so you can call in and pick up your western food products their.We do not have our full menu their yet but the important things that we all miss are stocked. Rob/sk

post-112062-0-56358600-1291950328_thumb.png

post-112062-0-46837400-1292031729_thumb.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turn left on the street just before big C, the one that leads to the other Big C MC parking entrance. Go straight till you see soi 7 on right. Just past it is a little street on the right that looks like it would go no where but it goes to a sub division. SK is the nice two story house on the right opposite the first street to the left.:jap:

I had a look today but couldn't find it even though I'd copied the map, I'll have another go next week with the satellite map.

Same here, The only wide soi in that area is one that goes to some shophouses, and houses, and it isnt soi 1-was 7 or 8. Some signage would be helpful.

There is a sign posted now, directing you to turn right at that corner.

I just looked at the Google map again. It is the street on the right, between Soi 7 and Soi 8. There is no street sign naming that street. If you look at the map, you will see a view that looks like you're looking down at the top of a two-slice electric toaster. About 50 meters after you make that right, the shop/house is on the right, just at the point where you could turn left to go around the square. It is marked on the map by a shopping basket. But if you go to the legend on the left side of the map and click on Sausage King, it pops you over to that view of the place. They also have signs at the gate of the house.

I have just returned from the new shop, in fact its a house with a small freezer and a fridge. There was a list of items available , about a dozen or so , but looking at the contents of the freezer , I think you lot must have got there before me and bought nearly everything. I did expect a shop loaded with all the products , oh well , im sure I will buy something sometime but there want alot there to be honest .

Yes, they did have a run on the initial products. But they are in the process of submitting another order and will be fully stocked soon and they have another freezer coming so they can keep a larger inventory of the most popular products on hand. I also understand that they will be offering a delivery service of some type. I was there on the eve that they opened and there were about 20 people there.

The lady has good business sense. I'm sure the place won't be run like a lot of other local businesses are. She just didn't expect so many people so quick. Give her a little time to get situated.

I noticed that they are also carrying the locally made "Dix" brand of products, including BBQ sauce, tarter sauce, relishes, salsa and "Thaibasco". That is the only place I have seen mustard-style hot dog relish in Thailand.

What do you call "Thaibasco"?

I use genuine Tabasco sauce in cooking because it's sugar free, meaning it doesn't burn when used as a BBQ marinade or baste.

All the Thai chilli based sauces I've tried blacken the meat.

Of course chopped real chillis do a good job but sometimes it's quick and easy to add a good dollop of Tabasco.

What do you call "Thaibasco"?

I use genuine Tabasco sauce in cooking because it's sugar free, meaning it doesn't burn when used as a BBQ marinade or baste.

All the Thai chilli based sauces I've tried blacken the meat.

Of course chopped real chillis do a good job but sometimes it's quick and easy to add a good dollop of Tabasco.

Thaibasco is the local version, Farang made, of Tabasco. It is made by Thai Pepper Products, as is the rest of the "Dix" brand of products, to the best of my knowledge. I have seen it on shelves here since I arrived but have never tried it. Friends tell me it is very good and cheaper than the imported Tabasco. I love Tabasco and still have a bottle in the fridge. When it is gone, I'll give the local made product a try. I have always said there is only one Tabasco but maybe I'm about to learn something new. Tabasco on eggs and omelettes is a must at my house.

Thaibasco started as a knockoff of Tabasco, which is trademarked. The person who started the brand has a prominent Cajun restaurant in BKK.

Rob the Pickle , as he is known in local circles is a Canadian man who resides in Chiang Rai and has his business here growing different Chillies which he then turns into various sauces and relishes, all of them are excellent but my favourite is the BBQ Sauce . He also makes a version of HP Sauce which is also very good. He also makes Pickles , such as Girkins etc. His products are available in Rico Bar and Nothern farms to name 2.

The Chiang Rai Sausage King is a very lovely lady whom I know very well, I know this business will grow fast and be well managed. She has asked that I post the introduction letter she has written, so here you go.

Best Regards,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introduction to Sausage King 2 Chiang Rai branch

Hello and Sawadee Kah ,

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Chutimon (Pam) Nanini. Recently, at the suggestion of several friends and especially my American husband, I have decided to venture into opening an outlet for the great Sausage King products that are so hard to come by here in the Chiang Rai area. The Sausage King crew in Chiang Mai have been great in offering us a relationship as their agent and helped in preparation for a hectic, but very successful opening late on Friday, December 10, here at my home.

Wow! I have to say we weren't quite prepared for the product demand already present here and can see we will have to install additional freezer space soon to provide you with good prices and product availability for the future. We are busy preparing our next stock order now. Don't let that stop you from dropping by now, as we still have some stock ready for your enjoyment. We are also preparing a full Chiang Rai product & price menu and will get that posted soon as well.

Our location is very convenient to find when you are on your way to shop at Big C or the soon to come Central Mall. Bring your cooler and stop by to see us first on your way! You are also very welcome to call us ahead for availability and having your order ready for pickup on your arrival. Delivery can be arranged on an individual basis, we can discuss when you call.

In addition to all the delicious Sausage King products, our good friends at Thai Pepper Products are helping us offer their excellent Dix sauces, relishes, and sliced jalapenos ( all made in Thailand ) at very reasonable prices. We feel these products compliment many of the meats and pies extremely well and you will experience even more dining pleasure.

Dining at home or out should always be an enjoyable experience; you should have the taste you expect. My family and so many Thai and expat families enjoy alternatives to the easily available Thai culinary choices and that is our goal to offer you here. Made in Thailand, Sausage King products offer great choices, convenience, and most importantly, the taste and quality is always consistent, you won't be disappointed on the quality or prices.

A very big thank you to the customers we have already had the pleasure of meeting, and all of the friends who have been spreading the word. Please, have a little patience as we get this business fully organized and well stocked during the next few weeks. We look forward to providing you what products you select when you desire them and have plans to extend our services as we grow.

Very best regards and look forward to meeting you soon,

Chutimon Phone 0877268665

Edited by mapnpb

Thaibasco started as a knockoff of Tabasco, which is trademarked. The person who started the brand has a prominent Cajun restaurant in BKK.

Rob the Pickle , as he is known in local circles is a Canadian man who resides in Chiang Rai and has his business here growing different Chillies which he then turns into various sauces and relishes, all of them are excellent but my favourite is the BBQ Sauce . He also makes a version of HP Sauce which is also very good. He also makes Pickles , such as Girkins etc. His products are available in Rico Bar and Nothern farms to name 2.

I can't figure out why Sunny quoted my post. The farang I referred to is not "Rob the Pickle".

And while Tabasco Sauce may well be used in BBQing meats, etc .. it is not a BBQ sauce, but a hot sauce. Used in/on everything from cocktails to pizza to scrambled eggs and more. Tabasco and Wiki

The Chipotle sauce I bought there this week is, to me, what a chilli sauce should be all about.

Full of great flavour without burning holes in your tongue.

I haven't tried the Extra Hot chilli sauce yet but intend to try that in marinades. If it doesn't work out there I'm sure it will make a great addition, in moderation, to my chilli con carne.

Edited by sceadugenga

The Sausage Princess could probably be a good handle for the lovely lady at CR Sausage King. Sausage King

Rob is pretty protective of that well known trademark so we'll have to watch out there ! BTW-her husband is a very old and cranky American and you know how dangerous they can be. Mind your manners around there.

The Sausage Princess could probably be a good handle for the lovely lady at CR Sausage King. Sausage King

Rob is pretty protective of that well known trademark so we'll have to watch out there ! BTW-her husband is a very old and cranky American and you know how dangerous they can be. Mind your manners around there.

Old and cranky ?! . I suppose its all relative , I guess your in your teens mapnpb :)

The CR Sausage King lady has aked me to let you know, the unexpected Christmas rush there and at CM Sausage King has left her with a fairly depleted supply again. This will hopefully be corrected by mid week , she still has sausage, nice English loin bacon, some steak burger, microwave meals, and of course DIX products. It's good to have greater demand than supply I suppose. Regards

I can usually take it or leave it. The English Food I left behind that is.

So I couldn't see what the fuss was about

Don't really miss anything too much, except for decent Bacon.

I've just had my first decent bacon in this country. OK, I ruined it with Redders, but now I'm on the lookout for some decent brown sauce.

I think I could just about Kill for that Bacon. Thank you Sausage King and Co.

I think I could live on just Bacon butties and those samosa's I got yesterday at the Hash . :D

I've just had my first decent bacon in this country. OK, I ruined it with Redders, but now I'm on the lookout for some decent brown sauce.

I think I could live on just Bacon butties and those samosa's I got yesterday at the Hash . :D

Jubby,

I don't know how many times I've tried black pudding and I've found only one way that I can actually enjoy it, is slicing and frying it. Any other way and I'll hurl big time.

Is there any A1 brown source in the Rai shops?

Jubby, I sometimes get hunger pangs for some good old 'Fish,Chips & Mushy Peas' maybe that's because I come from the premier fishing port in Europe.

I have just bought bacon and sausages from Sauage King today, so that's my christmas dinner sorted :rolleyes: , oh and by the way I have a brand new bottle of HP Sauce. Feel free to drop by for a bacon butty. :)

Cheers

ImageDude B)

Edited by ImageDude

I remember the Pie Vans in Adelaide... piping hot Pie & Pea's floater with black source..absolute ambriosa at 3 in the freezing morning after a night on the town. Worry about the blistered mouth later :D

Edited by Garry