BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
SausageKing

Sausage King 2 Chiang Rai Branch

Nice to meetyou yesterday Pam, your food is excellent.

(I was the tall handsome man with the beard with the ugly Dutch guy that turnd up about 4pm). :lol:

A female sausage king is not really inspiring me to be honest.....

Can't we refer to her as a sausage princess or something?

:blink:

Thaibasco started as a knockoff of Tabasco, which is trademarked. The person who started the brand has a prominent Cajun restaurant in BKK.

Rob the Pickle , as he is known in local circles is a Canadian man who resides in Chiang Rai and has his business here growing different Chillies which he then turns into various sauces and relishes, all of them are excellent but my favourite is the BBQ Sauce . He also makes a version of HP Sauce which is also very good. He also makes Pickles , such as Girkins etc. His products are available in Rico Bar and Nothern farms to name 2.

I can't figure out why Sunny quoted my post. The farang I referred to is not "Rob the Pickle".

And while Tabasco Sauce may well be used in BBQing meats, etc .. it is not a BBQ sauce, but a hot sauce. Used in/on everything from cocktails to pizza to scrambled eggs and more. Tabasco and Wiki

The Chipotle sauce I bought there this week is, to me, what a chilli sauce should be all about.

Full of great flavour without burning holes in your tongue.

I haven't tried the Extra Hot chilli sauce yet but intend to try that in marinades. If it doesn't work out there I'm sure it will make a great addition, in moderation, to my chilli con carne.

Edited by sceadugenga

The Sausage Princess could probably be a good handle for the lovely lady at CR Sausage King. Sausage King

Rob is pretty protective of that well known trademark so we'll have to watch out there ! BTW-her husband is a very old and cranky American and you know how dangerous they can be. Mind your manners around there.

The Sausage Princess could probably be a good handle for the lovely lady at CR Sausage King. Sausage King

Rob is pretty protective of that well known trademark so we'll have to watch out there ! BTW-her husband is a very old and cranky American and you know how dangerous they can be. Mind your manners around there.

Old and cranky ?! . I suppose its all relative , I guess your in your teens mapnpb :)

The CR Sausage King lady has aked me to let you know, the unexpected Christmas rush there and at CM Sausage King has left her with a fairly depleted supply again. This will hopefully be corrected by mid week , she still has sausage, nice English loin bacon, some steak burger, microwave meals, and of course DIX products. It's good to have greater demand than supply I suppose. Regards

I can usually take it or leave it. The English Food I left behind that is.

So I couldn't see what the fuss was about

Don't really miss anything too much, except for decent Bacon.

I've just had my first decent bacon in this country. OK, I ruined it with Redders, but now I'm on the lookout for some decent brown sauce.

I think I could just about Kill for that Bacon. Thank you Sausage King and Co.

I think I could live on just Bacon butties and those samosa's I got yesterday at the Hash . :D

Mc.G... I think The King deserves her own Pin, like Don's.... Agree?

I don't think Don has ever used his pinned thread, if he has something to say he likes it on the main board where people can notice it.

I've just had my first decent bacon in this country. OK, I ruined it with Redders, but now I'm on the lookout for some decent brown sauce.

I think I could live on just Bacon butties and those samosa's I got yesterday at the Hash . :D

Jubby,

I don't know how many times I've tried black pudding and I've found only one way that I can actually enjoy it, is slicing and frying it. Any other way and I'll hurl big time.

Is there any A1 brown source in the Rai shops?

Same Same me. Garry, Never tried it, never will :(

I suspect I'll find the sauce I'm looking for in the DIX line up.

Jubby, I sometimes get hunger pangs for some good old 'Fish,Chips & Mushy Peas' maybe that's because I come from the premier fishing port in Europe.

I have just bought bacon and sausages from Sauage King today, so that's my christmas dinner sorted :rolleyes: , oh and by the way I have a brand new bottle of HP Sauce. Feel free to drop by for a bacon butty. :)

Cheers

ImageDude B)

Edited by ImageDude

I remember the Pie Vans in Adelaide... piping hot Pie & Pea's floater with black source..absolute ambriosa at 3 in the freezing morning after a night on the town. Worry about the blistered mouth later :D

Edited by Garry