Sausage King 2 Chiang Rai Branch

SausageKing

I can usually take it or leave it. The English Food I left behind that is.

So I couldn't see what the fuss was about

Don't really miss anything too much, except for decent Bacon.

I've just had my first decent bacon in this country. OK, I ruined it with Redders, but now I'm on the lookout for some decent brown sauce.

I think I could just about Kill for that Bacon. Thank you Sausage King and Co.

I think I could live on just Bacon butties and those samosa's I got yesterday at the Hash . :D

Jubby, I sometimes get hunger pangs for some good old 'Fish,Chips & Mushy Peas' maybe that's because I come from the premier fishing port in Europe.

I have just bought bacon and sausages from Sauage King today, so that's my christmas dinner sorted :rolleyes: , oh and by the way I have a brand new bottle of HP Sauce. Feel free to drop by for a bacon butty. :)

Cheers

ImageDude B)

Yeah, I stopped buying HP because it became more expensive than Platinum , and anyway was wasted on the bacon I got anyway. Its back on the shopping list now.

Bacon buttie !? . If you can rustle up Cod , Chips & mushy peas, I'll be round before you can say 'Sunshine's a Tw@t' :D

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the Pie Vans in Adelaide... piping hot Pie & Pea's floater with black source..absolute ambriosa at 3 in the freezing morning after a night on the town. Worry about the blistered mouth later :D

Maybe Adelaide is twinned with Wigan or Bolton ;)

I remember the Pie Vans in Adelaide... piping hot Pie & Pea's floater with black source..absolute ambriosa at 3 in the freezing morning after a night on the town. Worry about the blistered mouth later :D

There's still one at the Railway Station, the Victoria Square pie cart is gone I think.

A pie floater is indeed a South Aussie culinary delight, the true aficionado though, anoints them with nothing but vinegar.

There's still one at the Railway Station, the Victoria Square pie cart is gone I think.

A pie floater is indeed a South Aussie culinary delight, the true aficionado though, anoints them with nothing but vinegar.

Through the haze I think it was Victoria park that I dined from. i'm not a local of Adelaide, so being a Queenslander I'll break the rules and use Worchester or Soy source and be damned with local protocol :lol:

Victoria Park was the city race course, now defunct.

Victoria Square is the centre of the CBD, the city square mile.

Adelaide is one of the few cities of the world built for scratch, laid out by a qualified surveyor.

South Australia was also colonised by free settlers, not convict rabble like the other states. We also produce the world's best wine and have had a few spectacular mass murders.

I am pretty sure any of those of you who enjoy sauces like A1, HP, or the Heinz 57 from stateside will find DIX Original brown sauce quite satisfactory. Finding it difficult not to put the chipotle Thaibasco on everything, mmmmm !

The "Sausage Princess" has informed me the next supplys are in route to hopefully arrive tommorow.

For those of you in CR with SK withdrawal symptons I just saw the three big boxes SK was sending to CR. Maybe time to check out a tailor for letting out the waistlines.

That is the problem I have with these English sausages, bacon and pies also.

Seems like you instantly put on kilos eating it !

Adelaide is one of the few cities of the world built for scratch, laid out by a qualified surveyor.

South Australia was also colonised by free settlers, not convict rabble like the other states. We also produce the world's best wine and have had a few spectacular mass murders.

Ah gotcha....now that I do recall, it was in the city center area. Looked like a NASA astronaut van. The food was superb. On the other matter, Tassie had it's hand at mass murder as well. Us hillbillys in north Queensland aren't interested in culling people...wild pigs (not coppers :lol: ) and roos for us..!

Yeah, I stopped buying HP because it became more expensive than Platinum , and anyway was wasted on the bacon I got anyway. Its back on the shopping list now.

Bacon buttie !? . If you can rustle up Cod , Chips & mushy peas, I'll be round before you can say 'Sunshine's a Tw@t' :D

Go play with your Organ and ram your cod up your pie hole :D

free settlers from Wigan I suspect. I'll go with the Vinegar too. Pie & peas seems to have died out in blighty.

Go play with your Organ and ram your cod up your pie hole :D

Thanks for the suggestion Sunny. They reckon if you put a man in a room on his own long enough, he may just do that :)

Where you from in the Highlands Laddie, I've been most places. Did you used to drink in the Mishnish in Balamory with John the dry stone Dyker ? B)

I got drunk in a place called Mallaig once and thought I was going to win the barmaid who informed me her hubby was on the North Sea rigs.

I went back to my room in the hotel and topped up from a bottle of Laphroaig while I was waiting for her.

If she knocked on the door I missed it and I had to speed over the sea to Skye on a bonny boat the next morning, which was NOT a pleasant experience.

Edited by sceadugenga

I know it, I got the ferry from Skye there. I hear there's a bridge now.

The name of the castle there is nearly identical to that of my first wife when she was married to me.

I got the train from there across to Inverness. (If there were 4 and 20 virgins there, I never saw them).

eilean_donan_ming.jpg

Edited by sceadugenga

I know it, I got the ferry from Skye there. I hear there's a bridge now.

The name of the castle there is nearly identical to that of my first wife when she was married to me.

I got the train from there across to Inverness. (If there were 4 and 20 virgins there, I never saw them).

eilean_donan_ming.jpg

virgins....didn't think they existed in Scotland. After all a man can run just as fast with his kilt up as a woman can with a long skirt.

The SK was offered a location on the main Superhighway 200 yds from Makro, FREE, AGENT, but he did not even reply to the offer!!!

I had a look today but couldn't find it even though I'd copied the map, I'll have another go next week with the satellite map.

Same here, The only wide soi in that area is one that goes to some shophouses, and houses, and it isnt soi 1-was 7 or 8. Some signage would be helpful.

His location isn't bad now I've found it, I'd certainly prefer it to out near Macro, from a personal view point.

He's a short distance from Big C which is also convenient.

I suspect he's not paying rent where he is either, the people retailing his products appear to be living on the premises.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this the place to comment, I don't know

I am from Devon in England and I know what a pastie should taste like.

I have eaten two pies from this Sausageking place the last 2 days and I have to say they are disgusting.

My wife bought 3 of them and I'm sure the third one will end up in the fish pond.

Edited by OneeyedJohn

Naa naa jit dang. :whistling:

I found all the "English style" pies I've tried in Thailand to be a bit dry.

Serving them with onion or mushroom gravy as part of a meal solves this.

As an Australian, we know that the perfect pie is eaten standing up at the football, when bitten into half the contents will squirt onto the back of the shirt of the opposition supporter standing in front of you.

There are several pie makers now in or around CR, and I agree that its very hard to get what you know from back home , yet the effort is 100% , shame we cant get the real thing but something is better than nothing unless of course you can make them yourself .

I found the beef? and onion quite good. All the rest were OK as well. Different strokes for different folks.:jap:

TIT - This is Thailand folks. Not back home. Peeps do what they can to try to accomodate and bring the "taste of home" to us here in the boonies.

As some have said: "differnet strokes for different folks" !

Try the product, like it or not like, and decide yourselfs.

If not shop elsewhere or make it yourself.

Nough belly caching from the peanut gallery........

There is always the local Lana or Thai Cuisine to enjoy !

TIT - This is Thailand folks. Not back home. Peeps do what they can to try to accomodate and bring the "taste of home" to us here in the boonies.

As some have said: "differnet strokes for different folks" !

Try the product, like it or not like, and decide yourselfs.

If not shop elsewhere or make it yourself.

Nough belly caching from the peanut gallery........

There is always the local Lana or Thai Cuisine to enjoy !

Its the truth. :D

Quick Learner's these Farong's

Just a thought, do you have a 'Sunny Disposition' ? :)

Edited by jubby