Sausage King 2 Chiang Rai Branch

SausageKing

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the place to comment, I don't know

I am from Devon in England and I know what a pastie should taste like.

I have eaten two pies from this Sausageking place the last 2 days and I have to say they are disgusting.

My wife bought 3 of them and I'm sure the third one will end up in the fish pond.

I don't know what English pies are supposed to taste like. But overall, I find the products pretty good. I think we are lucky to have one more place to shop for our comfort foods, even if one or more products isn't what we expect. Beats the hell out of driving to CM to buy the products.

I also do not know what the British style curry dishes are supposed to taste like. Have never had them in the UK. However, the ones that SK makes are a treat for me. Never had such a good curry dish. Makes me envy the Brit folks who have spent their lives enjoying them, if indeed the ones at home taste like the ones that SK offers here. I have eaten many curry dishes prepared by Indian and Pakistani cooks. Those dishes aren't nearly as good as the ones SK offers.

Edited by kandahar

I need to find somewhere to buy frozen sheets of pastry and I'll have a shot at making my own.

I can do the fillings, no problem, I bought a bag of frozen blackberries at Macro that would be brilliant, but I just find pastry making a huge pain in the arse.

I need to find somewhere to buy frozen sheets of pastry and I'll have a shot at making my own.

I can do the fillings, no problem, I bought a bag of frozen blackberries at Macro that would be brilliant, but I just find pastry making a huge pain in the arse.

Check the little bakery right across the street from the day market. Lady from the Philippines owns and runs it. Very accommodating person. Very near the Kung Thai Bank (KTB, blue signs).

This is NOT the bakery on the same side of the street as the day market, which is associated with a resort and charges 900 baht for a pie. Cross the street, tell the lady what you want. She will bring her daughter up front to get the details from you. The daughter is in charge of baking/making the products. I have asked for very specific variations of different items there and they do exactly as I ask.

Edited by kandahar

I doubt she'll have those nice rolled out perfectly square pastry sheets with layers of waxed paper between them so you can just slip one sheet at a time out of the freezer.

You could make sausage rolls!!!

All this whinging about pies, where can you find a decent sausage roll... :(

I doubt she'll have those nice rolled out perfectly square pastry sheets with layers of waxed paper between them so you can just slip one sheet at a time out of the freezer.

I too doubt she will have them. But I don't doubt that she will prepare a good load of them for you and at a good price, wax paper and all. Give her a visit and see. Let us know.

This is NOT the bakery on the same side of the street as the day market, which is associated with a resort and charges 900 baht for a pie. Cross the street, tell the lady what you want. She will bring her daughter up front to get the details from you. The daughter is in charge of baking/making the products. I have asked for very specific variations of different items there and they do exactly as I ask.

Is it on the map? Which side of the market is it on.... directions regarding the new and old clock towers?

Sounds interesting anyway.

Is it on the map? Which side of the market is it on.... directions regarding the new and old clock towers?

Sounds interesting anyway.

I doubt it is on the map.

Between the two clock towers. Headed to the new, from the old, go about 1/2 or 3/4 of a block. It is on your left if you go that way. Only bakery on that side in that block, I think. If you find there are two, just go for the one with the lady who speaks fluent English. I cannot remember if it is before you pass the bank or after, but I think it is after, as you head towards the new clock from the old.

In my experience with her, her attitude is not "Here is what we sell, take it or leave it", but instead, "What would you like for us to make for you?". The daughter speaks good English as well.

Good luck.

I too doubt she will have them. But I don't doubt that she will prepare a good load of them for you and at a good price, wax paper and all. Give her a visit and see. Let us know.

I thought I saw something that looks like those pastry sheets in makro.

Is this the place to comment, I don't know

I am from Devon in England and I know what a pastie should taste like.

I have eaten two pies from this Sausageking place the last 2 days and I have to say they are disgusting.

My wife bought 3 of them and I'm sure the third one will end up in the fish pond.

Golfing in Scotland and England in the 1990´s me and my friends had problems to find eatable food. We were living on sandviches, some very healthy dark beer and now and then a tasty hamburger in the golfclubs restaurants. Fortunately we never visited Devon and did not have to deal with what they call a pastie! :bah:

:rolleyes::blink::huh:

Sven, you should have tried the local Husmanskost. granted, you would have struggled in Scotland with fried Mars Bars, but they do have 'Reindeer' on the Hills. Neeps and tatties, 'Swede' to you also :D

You can also pick up a Jar of 'Pickled Cabbage' in most supermarkets .

further south, Cornish Pasties are food of the Gods , maybe Devon ones too :)

popped in Northern Farms this morning and noticed a bottle of that DiX brand 'Brown Sauce' thought I'd give it a try.

next on to Sausage King. My first Visit. Stocked up with Bacon and noticed the same brown sauce 20 baht cheaper. So bought another bottle and a few other jars of pickles etc..

The brown sauce is actually very nice.

Sausage king was very easy to find, and a pleasant experience too. Very easy to park the car too.

20 chuffing baht cheaper :o Almost saved enough to have a coffee with VF ;)

I did both today, almost had a coffee with VF and bought a bottle of sauce at SausageKing.

I like the Smoked Chipotle variety, it's one of the best sauces I've tried.

Good rich chilli flavour with being too hot.

I must have just missed you Jubby, you should have come down to Doi Chaang Coffee where you could have just missed me and VF. B)

• 2 weeks later...

Finally emptied my store-bought bottle of Tabasco and gave the local Dix Thaibasco a try. Great stuff and a heck of a lot cheaper than the imported Tabasco. I'll stick with the local recipe from here on out. CR Sausage King shop has the best price I have seen so far. Hot sauce at its best.

• 3 weeks later...

Some nice Cured sliced Ham or a juicy Ham Hock could float my boat.

Along with Hard Pepperonie, Salami, and Jimmy Dean style breakfast sausages.

Where to get Corn Beef Briscott for St Patties Day ?

Missing Corned Beef and Cabbage Stew with a hint of Horseradish in the stew sauce :licklips:

Just Corned Beef Briscott, Onions, potatos, carrots, and cabbage simmered for a while in hot water............. Yum Yum. Just add Horsey Sauce, salt and pepper......... I am fainting now................ :P

Please tell us the Sausage Lady can make dreams come true :D

All you gotta do is get the Corned Beef briscott :jap:

Edited by TacoBoy

• 2 months later...

Had SK bacon with my eggs this morning. It is great to be able to buy bacon that doesn't shrivel up to nothing except a pan of grease when you cook it. Now, if he would just start producing some with a strong smoked flavor........

Still, it is the best bacon I have found in CR.

Had SK bacon with my eggs this morning. It is great to be able to buy bacon that doesn't shrivel up to nothing except a pan of grease when you cook it. Now, if he would just start producing some with a strong smoked flavor........

The bacon at work@home is pretty tasty too.

The bacon at work@home is pretty tasty too.

Didn't know they sold bacon. But I do know they sell good bread there.

• 5 months later...

Hello all.

Sausage King in Chiang Rai is MOVING. Starting Sunday, 23 Oct, Sausage King, Chiang Rai Branch, will be located in the Den Ha area of Chiang Rai. From Sunday, the 23rd of Oct., 2011, forward, you can find the shop here:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=207106159428293716742.0004af63faedf79d75927&msa=0&ll=19.901851,99.814385&spn=0.005861,0.009645

Please help me to spread the word about the new location. I will be doing a complete pricing review and trying to buy in larger quantities to keep the prices suitable for all. I plan to offer some promotions for return customers and larger orders.

Stop by for a free coffee or a cold drink and have a chat and browse. If you know where Chiang Rai Saddlebags and Biker Gear is, then you know where the new SK location will be. Same place. Let me know what your favorites are and I will do my best to keep them stocked. I will also be doing shipments and mail orders for larger orders outside of Chiang Rai. I am thinking of offering door to door delivery in Chiang Rai so if that is something of interest to you, please let me know.

I am in the process of adjusting my parking space, with circle drive, so feel free to drive right to the shop and not bother with parking on the street.

In addition to the usual quality Sausage King offerings, I will be offering local brands of sauces and toppings at good prices.

Welcome to all. I look forward to serving you.

If you have questions or need directions, you can feel free to call the new number: 089-429-4562

Until Sunday, the 23rd, please continue to patronize Pam's Sausage King location behind the Big C store. As of Sunday, the 23rd, Sausage King products will not be available there.

Woraphat

Congratulations,Woraphat - hope all goes well with the new venture. Even less distance for us to travel to get some excellent jalopeno sauce and other things.ลูกสาวของฉันควานสุขมาก]

Congratulations,Woraphat - hope all goes well with the new venture. Even less distance for us to travel to get some excellent jalopeno sauce and other things.ลูกสาวของฉันควานสุขมาก]

biggrin.gif Thank you harsu, Welcome any time and looking forward to see you too.jap.giflaugh.gif

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone.

We have stopped the Sausage King business at our shop. Will make room for a bigger bike products shop now. Thank you to all the friends we made from Sausage King customers. If you need SK products, please call Rob at SK Chiang Mai.