Re-Entry Permits Available At Airport Again?

• 9 months later...

Is there anyone who can verify that this service is still alive and well in October 2011?

It was alive and kicking about 4 weeks ago if that will do :)

Limited hours 6AM-Midnight IIRC and a premium price too.

There's a small desk, just on the left after you enter the immigration area with a woman behind it and a sign saying "Reentry Permit", so it would appear that yes, they are allowing you to get the permit at the airport again.

Hi

Do you know if this desk is open 24 hours, for example if i have a flight at 1am in the morning and I am passing though immigration at around 10 or 11pm the night before would it still be operating..

thanks

I wouldn't risk it, I saw it closed at around 9pm last week.

On the face of it, it does look risky!

I, fly in with one single re-entry and fly out a few days later thus needing another 'single'

To be quite sure it looks as though I need to make a trip to Khon Kaen, just to be assured of getting this stamp.

Yes, I know that I should have originally gotten a 'Multiple' but I've done this in the past and not needed it.

My flight out is in the middle of the day, thus if this desk is a permanent fixture it should be okay! But?

• 5 months later...

1,200 baht - wait 45 minutes for processing. Allow 1 hour at least for the process. Don't need photos any longer (digital). Desk is open 0600 -2400 hrs

Much smoother operation now than a year or so ago. The Immigration Officer will allow you to start queuing for Immigration desk, and have someone hand-deliver your completed re-entry permit/passport to you while in line. Brilliant.