New Year Eve!

brianmarinus

Most of the bars in Jetyod will be in full party mode and a good place to start if you want the bar atmosphere. At the Top of Jetyod where the Gold Clock Tower sits, that road both left and right of the tower will be closed to traffic, food outlets on the side,live music, and thousands of people. Fireworks at Midnight. Come early if your driving to get a place to park , if its anything like last year parking will be a nightmare, maybe better to come on foot or m/bike.

Last years celebration was massive, I dont think I have seen so many people in one place in Chiang Rai before, most of the city residents must have been there.

If your wanting to stay over night for New Year, book a hotel now, they were all packed as well .

See you at the festivities , im easy to spot I am the one with the big :D

Most of the bars in Jetyod will be in full party mode and a good place to start if you want the bar atmosphere. At the Top of Jetyod where the Gold Clock Tower sits, that road both left and right of the tower will be closed to traffic, food outlets on the side,live music, and thousands of people. Fireworks at Midnight. Come early if your driving to get a place to park , if its anything like last year parking will be a nightmare, maybe better to come on foot or m/bike.

Last years celebration was massive, I dont think I have seen so many people in one place in Chiang Rai before, most of the city residents must have been there.

If your wanting to stay over night for New Year, book a hotel now, they were all packed as well .

See you at the festivities , im easy to spot I am the one with the big :D

Head, guts, arse?

G'day Gangsters

Just received a flyer advising that Da Vinci's are having

a NYE buffet including a carvery, beer, champagne,

wine and soft drinks for 999 Baht.

Seems like a pretty good deal.

Regards

Will

Edited by Will27

G'day Gangsters

Regards

Will

A great place for Tourists, the rest of us go elsewhere :D

So says the man who claims he enjoys the 'Thai life in the village' yet only reviews western food in tourist restaurants in/around Jed Yod with inflated tourist prices! Jed Yod is the biggest tourist area in CR sunshine ;)

Actually , I vary rarely eat in the Western food outlets in CR, I eat Thai practically every day , either from Thai restaurants, road side stalls or buy from the Market. What I can say about the reviews I have made is that I dont think I have ever been to a Thai place that has given me bad food- EVER . Maybe I am lucky not to have experienced a bad Thai restaurant . As for reviewing Thai places , its very hard knowing what the places are called or trying to describe the location of a particular roadside stall when there could be many or at a food festival etc , however , I will try to do it next time , just for you . As it happens I have never eaten at some western restaurants purely as the food I have been told is crap , so there is no way I would even bother going unless the review of the place has been updated .

Actually , I vary rarely eat in the Western food outlets in CR, I eat Thai practically every day , either from Thai restaurants, road side stalls or buy from the Market. What I can say about the reviews I have made is that I dont think I have ever been to a Thai place that has given me bad food- EVER . Maybe I am lucky not to have experienced a bad Thai restaurant . As for reviewing Thai places , its very hard knowing what the places are called or trying to describe the location of a particular roadside stall when there could be many or at a food festival etc , however , I will try to do it next time , just for you . As it happens I have never eaten at some western restaurants purely as the food I have been told is crap , so there is no way I would even bother going unless the review of the place has been updated .

Hook, Line & Sinker :D

Hook, Line & Sinker :D

What are the Pizza'like at your place, want me to come and review ?

G'day Gangsters

Regards

Will

Another helpful and insightful post by the forum clown.

G'day Gangsters

Regards

Will

Another helpful and insightful post by the forum clown.

And an even better reason to stick to the tourist places... :lol:

He shows limited powers of observation anyway. Most expat residents go to places like Da Vinci's for a taste of the old country, they get all the genuine Thai cooking they can eat at home.

A serious tourist will want the whole Thai experience, eating in the local restaurants is part of this.

Some even make bad decisions regarding street food and enjoy the hong nam experience. :rolleyes:

Hi!

I am sorry to break into your very interresting chat here-but When I started this,it was really,to get some inormation about new years eve,and what is going on in CR,that evening.

Dont borther about it -it is the usual here,when I post something-but enyway-thanks for our kindness.

brianmarinus.

Hi!

I am sorry to break into your very interresting chat here-but When I started this,it was really,to get some inormation about new years eve,and what is going on in CR,that evening.

Dont borther about it -it is the usual here,when I post something-but enyway-thanks for our kindness.

brianmarinus.

Hi brian, I hope my first post answered your question as for the other comments made by others, - ho-ho-ho. :D

G'day Gangsters

Regards

Will

Did somebody mention 999 :lol:

I will be home with my wife pending arrival of our newest addition to the family. Hope everyone has a great new years, I intend to :D :jap:

G'day Gangsters

Regards

Will

OK , I bite. Educate a Yank on what a "carvery" is.:ermm:

G'day Gangsters

Regards

Will

Google is your friend. or rather Wikipedia ;)

G'day Gangsters

Regards

Will

Mate

They usually have legs of lamb, ham, turkey or whatever

and slice it for you to eat with the other goodies.

Regards

Will

It's roast meat buffet, sometimes several kinds are available, pork, turkey, beef etc, that is carved to the customer's specification by a chef. He then help himself to vegetable etc. Self service soups and deserts are usuallyoffered.

G'day Gangsters

Regards

Will

Mate

They usually have legs of lamb, ham, turkey or whatever

and slice it for you to eat with the other goodies.

Regards

Will

I'm getting hungry :D

Received a flyer at the food festival last night for the Le Meridien.

They're having a NY show by the Kok river including fireworks, show, band

dinner for 3999 nett per person.

Also having a 1st January International buffet lunch with beer, wine and

soft drinks for 1200 nett. Now that sounds like good value.

Up market for CR I guess but if their food tastes anything like their

desserts did last night, it will be special I reckon.

Regards

Will

Regards

Will

I went to the Merdien for lunch with some buddys when we came back from Chiang Mai Bike Week. have to admit that the food was pretty dam_n good. All the deserts looked diabetic dangerous :lol:

Edited by Garry

Regards

Will

7998 bht per couple, you must be mad if your gonna pay that, and lunch for 2400 per couple, OMG. There must be more money in chiang rai than i thought, or alot of idiots willing to pay that.

Regards

Will

7998 bht per couple, you must be mad if your gonna pay that, and lunch for 2400 per couple, OMG. There must be more money in chiang rai than i thought, or alot of idiots willing to pay that.

You really have no idea. Like most things involving eating out, it's all subjective.

Price, service, quality etc. I for one, wouldn't pay nearly 8000 baht for a NY dinner

and show, but I'm sure they are plenty that would.

However, I think the 2400 Baht lunch for 2 (including drinks) at a top class resort represents good value.

I get the message, you think it's expensive which is fair enough. But why call people idiots just because

you don't agree with something?

Regards

Will