New Year Eve!

brianmarinus

Christmas dinner can be expensive even cooked at home if done properly, back when I lived a normal suburban live we used to lay out some serious Aussie dollars on food and wine.

Lobsters for the first course would be $80 a kilo now, and we always had good wine and liqueurs .

I never bother now, the Mrs puts on a family BBQ in the evening but last year lunch consisted of a tin of smoked oysters on crackers and a Camembert cheese. B)

Well, I was almost one of Sunny's "idiots" as I was about to reserve a family table (5,000 baht for 2 adults, and 2 children) at Le Meridian for Christmas day, but then Dusit replied to my enquiry just in time, and instead i opted for their 650 baht a head offering.

I am probably still a plank in Sunny's book for spending his monthly rent on feeding my family lunch, but as Village Farang indicated, not every Farang who lives in Chiang Rai, does so because they can't afford to live in their own country :rolleyes: .

Well, I was almost one of Sunny's "idiots" as I was about to reserve a family table (5,000 baht for 2 adults, and 2 children) at Le Meridian for Christmas day, but then Dusit replied to my enquiry just in time, and instead i opted for their 650 baht a head offering.

I am probably still a plank in Sunny's book for spending his monthly rent on feeding my family lunch, but as Village Farang indicated, not every Farang who lives in Chiang Rai, does so because they can't afford to live in their own country :rolleyes: .

Just think , its only for one day , yet if you balance it out you could eat well every day instead of blowing my monthly rent on one meal. I must admit I have never really been able to afford such a luxury and maybe I am jelous but living here is tight for me but theres no way I could afford to live in my own country on the state pension there .Enjoy people I wish you all well , just save the bones for me . I can make a nice soup out of that :D

I think im from a lower class than you rich people , I cannot afford to spend that on a weeks shopping let alone for lunch and dinner , maybe its me who is the idiot for not being your buddy , so you can pay for me also . :D

I'm just amazed that some one as clever as you hasn't made better provision for his old age, you certainly gave me the impression you were an astute and successful businessman.

I was quite financially successful also, but a tendency to keep buying houses for women depleted my resources.

:rolleyes::(B)

We have opted for the Christmas Eve Dinner at Favola with friends. Sure it is more than your average plate of somtam but we can afford it. I can assure you there will be no idiots at our table. :)

VF, I'll be back on the 30 Dec, pending the arrival of newborns..Favola sometime in the new year?

Dinner at Favola last night was wonderful. It was a beautifully chilly and star filled night. The food was excellent and the conversation entertaining. We opted not to have the set menu and ordered off the regular menu instead. The management seemed happy with the turnout on the night.

A little stroll through the grounds, back to the car, to top it all off and I didn’t even mind the long drive home. Actually I quite enjoyed driving into the rising moon as we headed east. Much nicer than the drive into town earlier with the sun in our eyes the whole way. Merry Christmas to all. :)

Well I had a GREAT Christmas, almost. Was invited by the great couple, D&R, to a turkey plus all the extras plus feast that could not have been better along with 14 other friends who are also very nice people. Even embarrassed myself playing picionary? The only downside was my better half was so inconsiderate :) as to have to go to the hospital for somewhat major surgery on Thursday so they had to settle for only me. A better time could not have been bought. Better half is just home so looking even better.

The very best to you and Yours B)

post-72121-0-64218000-1293275385_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

1,000 THB or $33 dollars for food in a Thai (tourist oriented) restaurant !

No way Jose !

I could get better, and cheaper at a Chart House or 5 ***** back home !

Us locals go elsewhere. We are not the stupid touirsts.

All the western food in CR sucks anyhow....... better to just do it yourself.