Improvong Photos

Nawtier

Hi!

If you only want some easy and simple editing done there are a few online websites that can take care of it without having to download anything!

There's Photoshop Express Editor, Picnik and if you have Windows Live Photo Gallery on your pc it has some simple and easy editing tools as well!

You can also download Picasa 3 from Google, also have some easy and nice editing tools.

Plahgat

ACDsee is not free i believe...but a good choice for photo management & editing. 

Lightroom is free full featured trial for 30 days...incredibly fantastic program for editing & management...& can be as simple & technical as you want. 

- Cool feature tho for large photo collections is that it remembers photos that are on external drives even when DISCONNECTED!! ..they are even vieable too! 

- Also, it is more capable than GiMP & Photoshop for photos, easier to use AND BEST OF ALL ...TAKE NO EXTRA HARD DRIVE SPACE like Photoshop & GImp which expands a jpg file 5-10times ontop of the original when saving separately!!!  

Gimp, Photoshop, Elements are great tools...but only work on 1 photo at a time & have zero photo management features. 

Alex

I currently us acdsee 10 photo manager...so which one of the above is better and offers more, but is still easy to use.

Thanks for the info thus far.

May one recommend you to visit these sites

http://www.bestsoftware4download.com/

and

http://www.tucows.com/

Win cool.gif

P.S. I use ACDSee Pro 3 ph34r.gif btw

Edited by Kan Win

I downloaded the lightroom 30 day version....so giving it a whirl to see what I can do with it.

Playing around with it all afternoon to touch up 2 photos......patience.

Actually 3...the third one was one of them monk shots where I just wanted to get the robes in orange and the rest black.....nearly got it, but then other aspects of the pic to dark and could not get it lighter....robes were not that bright either and some other red or orange in the background was still there....

the third one was one of them monk shots where I just wanted to get the robes in orange and the rest black.....nearly got it, but then other aspects of the pic to dark and could not get it lighter....robes were not that bright either and some other red or orange in the background was still there....

Hi Nawtier,

Lets see the original (re-sized to say 1000 x 800) and your latest version to compare the photos.

Win cool.gif

Edited by Kan Win

I did not save that pic as i was just fooling around to see if I could get it right and it was not so deleted it to try again later.

The main pic I wanted to play with is one of my wife and child in the ocean with volcanic rocks in the background and the water is crystal clear and the reflections of light around the water were very nice....I wanted to highlight the water reflections and make the whole thing a bit bluer....I did it, but probably not nearly as good as someone that knows what they are doing could make it look.

Dont really wanna put my missus up for public display here as her bot bot is kinda hot.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...