90 Day Reporting

I know this is a well worn topic but in using GPRS my log on time is restricted, I could not find the answer to this question.

I have just been granted my first 12 month extension to a Non Imm “O” visa and there was no mention of 90 Day Reporting, there was no stamp placed into my passport saying I must report on such and such a date:-

Has the Immigration office in Nong Khai forgotten to cover this requirement? OR am I exempt for some reason?

A friend who has been renewing an “O-A” extension for years has never reported and been picked up on it!

The old TM6-form has a notice to the effect that you have to report your place of staying after 90 and every 90 days. This is no longer on the new form, however, the rule is still in the immigration act.

Once you reported first time, you will get a confirmation slip stapled into your p\port telling you when to report again.

My wife did not report for years, started this year to do it after she returned from an overseas-trip and thus was clear.

Not reporting is against the law if they catch you is a different story.

Something like jumping a red light and nobody catches you. No fine but this does not exempt you from watching the red/green signal.

Further it starts from your entry stamp into Thailand so if you just converted to one year you are probably very close to overdue (if not). If you travel a lot you do not have to report if never in Thailand for 90 days or more as the filling out of the arrival card (TM.6) always signals the start of a new 90 day period.

Immigration do not put any stamp in your passport - you are required to do this reporting - once you start they will staple a receipt into your passport with the next reporting date stamped on it.

Check your last arrival card and 90 days from that date you are/were due to report. You are allowed a plus/minus 7 day window but if more that 7 days late current fine is 2,000 baht (but could be more by law).

Thanks very much to all. Have to go to Aus next month so no worries with going over any limits.

Do you mean your last entry into Thailand was less than 60 days ago? Just want to be sure as it is the date on your arrival card (not the date you got your extension of stay) that is important here and normally immigration only provide these after you have more than 60 days in the country.

Thanks very much to all. Have to go to Aus next month so no worries with going over any limits.

Do you mean your last entry into Thailand was less than 60 days ago? Just want to be sure as it is the date on your arrival card (not the date you got your extension of stay) that is important here and normally immigration only provide these after you have more than 60 days in the country.

I would have thought my presents at Immigration to have the visa extension entered into my passport last Monday would have constituted as a "Report". The date on the visa is 15 Aug 2005 valid until 4 April 2006 (My last entry into the Kingdom was 5 April 2005 with a 90 day stay stamp to 4 July 2005). I commenced "O" extension applications 15 Jun 2005 where they gave me my first of 2 monthly extension entered into the Passport until the 12 month extn Visa arrived back at Nong Khai. All in all 4 visits since 15 June 2005.

Edited by bdenner

Some of the old timers here do not report every 90 days to Nong Khai,but i have always done.I believe you can send someone in to report for you if you are feeling a little lazy. :o

"The foreigner makes the notification in person, or

The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification"

Edited by aletta

The only thing that counts as a 90 day report is the (TM.47) form issued for that purpose. If you are not inside Thailand more than 90 days you would not have to report until 90 days from entry (TM.6).

So currently you are in violation. You are also going to require a re-entry permit to keep your extension alive if you plan travel next month so be sure not to forget that.

The only thing that counts as a 90 day report is the (TM.47) form issued for that purpose.  If you are not inside Thailand more than 90 days you would not have to report until 90 days from entry (TM.6). 

So currently you are in violation.  You are also going to require a re-entry permit to keep your extension alive if you plan travel next month so be sure not to forget that.

Yes I was fully aware of the 'Re-entry Permit'

I would have thought my presents at Immigration to have the visa extension entered into my passport last Monday would have constituted as a "Report".

I used to believe that but it's subsequently become apparent that it doesn't. You need to complete the form!

Therefore the people at Nong Khai had forgotten to cover this during the period I was attending the office, and of coarse my ignorance is not an excuse. Going up that way again next week, will call in to clarify the situation.

Thanks again to all for this advice

I would have thought my presents at Immigration to have the visa extension entered into my passport last Monday would have constituted as a "Report".

You have to work out the first 90.

Did Immigration enjoy their 'presents'?

Why not do it by post.

If you are not standing in front of them they cannot ask for a fine

You do not need to clarify anything,  Lopburi3 knows more about visa

regulations than most immigration officiers.

I dont have the necessary forms so it will require a visit.

Yes, I have heard that post is an option, but, I need any excuse I can to get out of the rice paddies and into the big smoke for a day out :o

Why not do it by post.

You can not do it by post when you are in violation. :o

I did.

You were lucky. Top of instructions/rejection form lists:

"YOUR DOCUMENT CAN NOT BE PROCESSED BECAUSE YOU HAVE PASSED THE 90 DAYS LIMIT. YOU MUST COME TO THE NEAREST IMMIGRATION OFFICE IN PERSON TO PAY FINE 2,000 BAHT"

Why not do it by post.

You can not do it by post when you are in violation. :D

I did.

You were lucky. Top of instructions/rejection form lists:

"YOUR DOCUMENT CAN NOT BE PROCESSED BECAUSE YOU HAVE PASSED THE 90 DAYS LIMIT. YOU MUST COME TO THE NEAREST IMMIGRATION OFFICE IN PERSON TO PAY FINE 2,000 BAHT"

If you are a very nice person (like myself for instance :o ) the officers can be very accommodating to you. But don't be later than a week after the 90 days. And tell them directly yourself that you are too late and apologize.

If you are a very nice person (like myself for instance  :o ) the officers can be very accommodating to you. But don't be later than a week after the 90 days. And tell them directly yourself that you are too late and apologize.

There is no need to apologise if you are up to 7 days late (although it may be the polite thing to do). There is a 7 days 'grace' period both ways.

I haven't been to the room 407 (Bangkok) for three years and I'm not planning to. No one else at the Immigration seem to care or even be aware of this 90 day reporting.

Relying on the Internet horror stories they MIGHT get me for 2000/5000 baht when I finally go to the room 407, but I'll take my chances that all the fine officers working there will retire by then and everyone else will forget what that room was for.

I'm not saying people should ignore local laws, and the price of reporting is nothing. Do it.

As for me - it's too late. I'll have to pay the fine sooner or later. I choose later and keep my finger crossed.