Tot Adsl Working?

wimpy

• 2 weeks later...

Been back for a week now. I'm on TOT 1Mb.sec 'goldcyber'.

There are long periods when around 75% of my bookmarked sites are just not available.

I can make no sense of it. No geographical correlation. Google.com, gmail.com, Thaivisa are fine, as are BBC and A[Oz]BC web broadcasts. And yet many others including Thai sites like BKK Bank are not. :o

Most frustrating.

I don't know much about it but doesn't ADSL have the same portal problem everyone else does in accessing international websites? If I had ADSL and accustomed to the speeds, I would think my non-ADSL usual slow day access to international websites were unobtainable as well.

There are times that Yahoo requires thrity minutes to access and reply to a message. On those days, my download GPRS counter just stops and I have to re-initiate the search, dowload or "refresh" the page to get it to start turning. I always thought it was my Internet Explorer program but portals do have something to do with it and many have opined that Thailand has woefully inadequate international portals for the amount of traffic at times.

I don't know much about it but doesn't ADSL have the same portal problem everyone else does in accessing international websites?  If I had ADSL and accustomed to the speeds, I would think my non-ADSL usual slow day access to international websites were unobtainable as well ..... [snip]

My thoughts too, originally.

But high bandwiths are available to quite a few international sites - eg MSN Messenger with voice and our VoIP, to name two - but an apparently random group of sites, including local (eg Bangkok Bank), can't be raised at all. It's not just slow....most frustrating.

I believe TT&T is having no problem.