Dexter - The Best Ever Tv Show

OneeyedJohn

Well I've never seen such numbers for a show of any kind when torrenting a download from a website as the last episode of the Series 5 Dexter.

I've got 41000+ seeders and 37000+ peers but can only get a miserable download speed, for wwwwhich I know the reason so I'm not complaining.

Other shows like Spartacus Blood and Sand , The wire, and The Sopranos were popular but nothing like this.

What a brilliant show.

Discussing the general topic of torrents is OK by forum rules. As in: "What is a bit torrent", "Where do I find torrents?", etc.

Mentioning specific downloads unfortunately contravenes forum rules.

Don't dump on me for this- contact the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology for further information, and good luck. B)

I don't even know what a torrent is so I'll have no problems with my post.. I hope..

Must agree about the Dexter series,.. best show I've seen I believe.. Only started watching a few weeks ago but now up to 5th season second show, but struggling with a slow feed as we speak

You're not going to believe this... OK, people who know me might, I thought OEJ was talking about "Life with Dexter" an old Australian radio show, which I assumed ended up on TV and I'd forgotten it.

I'll confess I've never heard of the one meant, a US crime drama apparently. :huh::wacko:

You're not going to believe this... OK, people who know me might, I thought OEJ was talking about "Life with Dexter" an old Australian radio show, which I assumed ended up on TV and I'd forgotten it.

I'll confess I've never heard of the one meant, a US crime drama apparently. :huh::wacko:

It's very good Scea.

All subjective of course, but for me, Sopranos was the best.

Honourable mentions go to The Shield, Brotherhood, Wire and

recently Breaking Bad.

Regards

Will

I'm not a big fan of the CSI format shows, in fact I watch virtually nothing that's been made in the last twenty years.

I've looked at the box set of The Sopranos on several occasions while in Tachilek, I do mean to watch it, just got to take the plunge.

My all time favourite American TV show is "Married... With Children" which might give you an idea of my taste. (Or lack of it).

I'm not a big fan of the CSI format shows, in fact I watch virtually nothing that's been made in the last twenty years.

I've looked at the box set of The Sopranos on several occasions while in Tachilek, I do mean to watch it, just got to take the plunge.

My all time favourite American TV show is "Married... With Children" which might give you an idea of my taste. (Or lack of it).

I agree about the "CSI" shows.....don't like them.

Although I have CSI Chiang Rai up here with the

wife keeping an eye on me.

I have the box set of The Sopranos Scea which you're

more than welcome to borrow.

Also have Married With Children series 1 to 5. I love

Al Bundy. Maybe It's an Aussie thing :)

Regards

Will

I'll be there next week, don't lose the MWC set. I'll get my neighbour to copy them.

I think Al Bundy typified the way I used to think of Americans before I actually met any personally.

Some of the one's I've since met have been more like Ted Bundy, but there you go. :lol:

In real life, Dexter (Michael C Hall) is married to the

actress who plays his sister Deb (Jennifer Carpenter).

Saw on the news today that they're separating.

She should be afraid.....very afraid :D

Edited by Will27

It is a quality show without doubt.

How sad that they are splittung up, if the runors are true, but what is worse is that a guy like that has some awful cancer type disease and filning of this series was delayed to allow hum treatment.

Don't worry , I'd bet one of my houses on a Series 6

Edited by OneeyedJohn

Sympathy for a serial killer? Definitely...

His logic, intelligence, perfect choice of career and general views on those that he crosses paths with are ones that I find myself agreeing with a lot.

Roll on being dysfunctional, it's an important part of keeping sane.

Im not a big fan of the CSI series either, its the same old every time I watch it , so predictable .

Also theres not a great deal I like about Australian drama's, however, I recently bought over the border a dvd set of UnderBelly ,about Australian Mafia . It was one of the best series I have watched - ever. Excellent and well worth watching.

It is a quality show without doubt.

How sad that they are splittung up, if the runors are true, but what is worse is that a guy like that has some awful cancer type disease and filning of this series was delayed to allow hum treatment.

Don't worry , I'd bet one of my houses on a Series 6

From the Huffington Post, today:

"The fifth season of 'Dexter' wrapped on Sunday night; it has already been renewed for a sixth season. Hall has been nominated the past three years for the Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series."

It's very good Scea.

recently Breaking Bad.

Regards

Will

if you liked the sopranoes try 'intelligence' a canadian show see link here

I have been looking at Dexter as I have finished the first 6 seasons of NCIS my present favourite series and haven't yet got series 7.

Some great (probably fantasy) forensic analysis stuff in that also (trying to stay on a similar theme) and if you haven't seen it, it is well worth a few hours of your time to get into in my humble opinion.

It's very good Scea.

recently Breaking Bad.

Regards

Will

if you liked the sopranoes try 'intelligence' a canadian show see link here

Thanks for that mate.

That looks right up my alley.

I'll probably have to get it from amazon though.

Regards

Will

• 2 months later...

Gangsters

For those interested in TV series, have just finished

watching Boardrwalk Empire starring Steve Buscemi

and directed by Martin Scorsese.

It's based in Atlantic City during prohibition around

the life of gangster/politcian Nucky Thompson.

Do yourself a favour, watch it.

Regards

Will

Have only recently heard of "Dexter". Next on my list of box sets to get.

"Sons Of Anarchy" is a great series. Just ended their 3rd season.

Fictional Motorcycle Club with lots of action and drama.

Katey Segal stars as the Mob Mom. She was Al's wife Peggy in married with children.

Sons of Anarchy Trailer Video

"Southland" is another good newer series. About the LAPD

"1 Adam 12, See the Woman" :lol:

Southland Premier Video (now in it's 3rd season I think)

Am surprised so many here are in to watching TV series.

I haven't watched a series since Jamie Foxx Show - over 10 yrs ago - before he was mega-famous.

When I watch TV now, I go for real-life things like science and nature, true detective stuff. I care less about dramas and fiction.

As for internet radio, I like cartalk.com which airs their weekly podcast for free.

The thing is that nowadays you can download a shitload of TV stuff without the need for TV.

So the joy of it all is that you can watch a whole series in your own time. I think I watched The Wire in a week.

Anyway thanks to will27 for the Boardwalk Empire reco as it is absolutely <deleted> brilliant. Steve Buscemi is no Tony Soprano but his slight frame and excellent wardrobe lend a menace that is very very frightening. Some one who can stare down Lucky Luciano and look totally convincing is some actor.

[quote name

Anyway thanks to will27 for the Boardwalk Empire reco as it is absolutely <deleted> brilliant. Steve Buscemi is no Tony Soprano but his slight frame and excellent wardrobe lend a menace that is very very frightening. Some one who can stare down Lucky Luciano and look totally convincing is some actor.

I do what I can :D