Would You Believe It?

SeanPhuket

I saw a Policeman pulled up alongside a Tuk Tuk, whipping a big chain from his lovely basket and start to CHAIN UP the Tuk Tuk's front wheel!! (saw all from approach, alongside and rear view mirror)

In Patong, on the circuit. I would of stopped and mobile filmed it, if of course the circuit wasn't at that time going round at a 100 miles per hour!

Offense - I guess it was parking on the wrong side of the road (with the alternate side/day system here)

So good on this ballsy guy!

If you are talking about the incident two days ago at about 8.15 pm near the entry to Jungceylon, Rath-U-Thit Road, then I can confirm your post.

Wow, this must be 2 strikes then.. I saw it on Sat, mid-day'ish

It's great, but the only downside ........ Tuk Tuk prices will be rising in the near future cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Our 'rookie' is going to be a very busy boy then, if he's going to do the same with all of them - should be able to fill his month's quota in a day (and make chain and padlock retailers extremely happy). I suspect there's more to the story...

as ordered by Phuket Provincial Police Commander Major Pekad Tantipong. This guy is serious about cleaning up the taxi and tuk tuk business.

I know you dont trust me yet :rolleyes: , but more tuk tuks parked ilegally, and tuk tuks/taxisdenying the public to park in public parkings, are going down.

So are white plate taxis, legal lisenced taxis have green plates